BEAVeR

[PRESS RELEASE] 75144 Snowspeeder

16 minutes ago, gotoAndLego said:

You're not going to bricklink all new parts for a big UCS snowspeeder for $50.

Reread what I said. I said I'd bricklink the LDD files of the builds people here, as in on this forum, have uploaded over the years as some of them are much nicer than this. I already priced one of them out for right around that price a few months back. 

5 minutes ago, Thebeeze111 said:

Reread what I said. I said I'd bricklink the LDD files of the builds people here, as in on this forum, have uploaded over the years as some of them are much nicer than this. I already priced one of them out for right around that price a few months back. 

So you can get all of th e bricks needed for a UCS level snowspeeder, plus shipping from several stores, for $50? If you already have most of the parts, sure.

Edited by gotoAndLego

I don't know what you define as UCS level, but I will repeat myself and say that I've priced out some of the models that people have rendered on their own, and a few were right around $50 give or take. I'm not going into it any more than that. 

1 hour ago, DarthTwoShedsJackson said:

I'm pretty disappointed with this set - it's a very very poor rendition of a Millenium Falcon and not worthy of the UCS-label at all. I like that this Falcon finally has some interior, but it's all wrong. And let's not even talk about the exterior - the cockpit is the wrong shape, the wrong size compared to the rest of the ship, and even in the wrong position - it needs to be forward on the right side! They made an attempt at the mandibles, but they are far to short, and have the wrong shape and angles, too. This is very bad. I like that they attempted the segmented sublight-drive to the rear, but once again, it is the wrong shape, size and proportion. What were they thinking?

I can only hope that it'll not be that long again until we get yet another UCS Millenium Falcon, but this time designed much more accurately than this sorry excuse... :thumbup:

:roflmao::roflmao: hahaha!!!

This is a good set, but since I'm on a limited budget, I'll pass this.

2 hours ago, DarthTwoShedsJackson said:

I'm pretty disappointed with this set - it's a very very poor rendition of a Millenium Falcon and not worthy of the UCS-label at all. 

At least they made it white, which is the correct colour for the Millennium Falcon

3 hours ago, Thebeeze111 said:

What a let down. 40th anniversary of New Hope and they completely ignored it with yet another snow speeder. Could have done something new. Sure it looks pretty decent (more UCS than the Hoth set haha).

Bottom Line: Though a nice build, a lot of people on here have built nicer more accurate looking Snowspeeders and uploaded their LDD files here that I'd rather bricklink for $50 and build. LEGO missed a big opportunity to do something new for the 40th anniversary.

Considering that LEGO have often released two UCS-type sets each year, I think you're being a little harsh!  There are strong indications that they've got something really special planned for the autumn and, if the rumours are true, it will be very much in keeping with the 40th Anniversary.  As I said in the 2017 rumours thread, this a great set and I'm sure that it will be well received by most AFOLS.  It's certainly on my shopping list for 4th May :wub:

Looks like a very nice design, but not going to buy it probably.

I do need the pilots though, I hope I can pick them/their helmets up somewhere for a decent price!

I think it's a nice model and looks quite movie accurate to me. However, this set is not for me. Why not?... price, minifigures and stickers. In the Netherlands this set will cost 220 Euros which I personally find very high for a set of 1700 parts. Besides that the minifigs are not special to me (despite the arm printing) and there are too many stickers (I would rather see brick build solutions or printed parts or at least print the window).

2 hours ago, TWP said:

Looks like a very nice design, but not going to buy it probably.

I do need the pilots though, I hope I can pick them/their helmets up somewhere for a decent price!

Same situation. You got to share me where you can this for a decent price :)

Since starting collecting lego ago as an adult this is the first UCS set I'll have the chance to purchase at a reasonable price (As they're pretty expensive to pick up once they're retired and out of the lego store) - so in that respect I'm very interested.

Seems to be well designed and looks REALLY tidy, it'd be a welcome addition to my display... I'll hold judgement for a while however and decide if it's for me after the reviews come out...

Edited by infector
Additional words to provide context

The model looks great. Personally I would've liked it better if it were light bley, as such I don't think I'll be picking it up.

Does this set come with the iconic and pivotal harpoon and cable? I have not seen a spooling harpoon and cable in the pictures. ? ALso when did UCS become minifig scale? Not sure about the inclusion of the minifigs. (that lends itself to play more than collection). Nice looking set though!

Would like to see a UCS speeder bike (noyt minifig scale)

The UCS snowspeeder is not minifig scale... far from it. The minifigs are included as a bonus, similar to the UCS TIE Fighter, which was likewise not minifig scale.

By no means is this a bad set, it's extremly detailled, the proportions are nice. It also deserves to get thast UCS stamping and make us forget that 2016 was absolutly terrible for the line. 

My complaints are geared at things surrounding the set: Lego pushed an absurd amount of snowspeeders throughout the years, making me absolutly sick of them and the price in CAN $ is quite high. It's also based on a previous UCS, which to be fair is 14 years old and is not interesting getting because of the after market price.

I'm happy for people that this set makes their day but it's just not my cup of tea. 

14 minutes ago, DarthTwoShedsJackson said:

Is it possible that LEGO is re-making older UCS sets to also kill the horrendous aftermarket prices? That'd actually be something I'd applaud them for.

BrickPicker was already going nuts after the Death Star, now this. Add the rumored Falcon and they are going on a nice streak. 

Not forgetting they've already done an X-Wing.

I think this is a fantastic model and I'll definitely be picking this one up on release. Stickers don't bother me at all and the overall shape and scaling of what is a tricky shape has been done really well.

18 hours ago, DarthTwoShedsJackson said:

I'm pretty disappointed with this set - it's a very very poor rendition of a Millenium Falcon and not worthy of the UCS-label at all. I like that this Falcon finally has some interior, but it's all wrong. And let's not even talk about the exterior - the cockpit is the wrong shape, the wrong size compared to the rest of the ship, and even in the wrong position - it needs to be forward on the right side! They made an attempt at the mandibles, but they are far to short, and have the wrong shape and angles, too. This is very bad. I like that they attempted the segmented sublight-drive to the rear, but once again, it is the wrong shape, size and proportion. What were they thinking?

I can only hope that it'll not be that long again until we get yet another UCS Millenium Falcon, but this time designed much more accurately than this sorry excuse... :thumbup:

:laugh: :roflmao: LOL!

Edited by Lepralego

This one is a no brainer for me. Since i`m 90% into UCS models i can`t let go on the snowspeeder and this one is very nice!
Perfect start of the anniversary year for me. The last UCS i bought was the TIE on discount so it`s about time.

Playsets labeled as UCS are nothing for me as i don`t like to many things just "standing" around.

Edited by Criss

A lot of stickers but it looks like a great set to me. Already own the 10195 but I curious how they will compare. :)

what a great model :sweet: it's quite expensive though... 200 euro... hhhhmmmm....

I haven't been excited about any sets this year until now.  This will be my first UCS purchase.

As much as I would like to think otherwise, it bothers me that this set is being released as close to the 40th anniversary of the first Star Wars film. Even if they are planning on something more appropriate and from the first film, I wonder if production delays or some other ulterior motive for the release of the *cough* MF *cough* prompted them to swap the release dates of the two UCS sets this year.

Is this set close to technic fig scale? It would have been nice bringing them back in some orange jumpsuits and whatnot.