BEAVeR

[PRESS RELEASE] 75144 Snowspeeder

75144 Snowspeeder™

Ages 14+. 1,703 pieces.

US $199.99 – CA $229.99 – DE 199.99€ – UK £169.99 – DK 1799.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Build the ultimate LEGO® Snowspeeder!

Collect a true Star Wars classic: the T-47 Snowspeeder. This LEGO® interpretation of the iconic airspeeder that fans will remember from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back has all the details you’d expect, including opening airbrakes, rotating rear gun, and an opening cockpit with space for the included Rebel Snowspeeder Pilot and Rebel Snowspeeder Gunner minifigures. This model also comes with a display stand and fact plaque, so it can take pride of place in any LEGO Star Wars collection.

• Includes 2 minifigures: a Rebel Snowspeeder Pilot and a Rebel Snowspeeder Gunner.
  • Features intricate, authentic detailing, opening airbrakes, rotating rear gun and an opening cockpit with space for the 2 included minifigures.
  • Attach the Snowspeeder to the stand with fact plaque to display it.
  • Includes 2 blaster pistols.
  • Accessory elements include electrobinoculars, a Snowspeeder Pilot helmet and a Snowspeeder Gunner helmet.
  • Snowspeeder on display stand measures over 8” (21cm) high, 15” (39cm) long and 11” (29cm) wide, and over 4” (11cm) high without stand.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
May 4, 2017 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346
European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111

75144_snowspeeder_1.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_3.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_2.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_4.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_6.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_7.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_8.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_9.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_10.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_11.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_12.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_13.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_14.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_15.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_16.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_17.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_18.jpg

75144_snowspeeder_19.jpg75144_snowspeeder_20.jpg

34 minutes ago, JDbricks said:

The face on the pilots look dumb.

Why are they smiling? I sure wouldn't be smiling if I was about to go up against an AT-AT.

They are smiling because they get to pilot a sweet as heck set.

Fighting AT-ATs was a fraction of what the pilots actually did. Flying is fun, which is why they are smiling.

Edited by gotoAndLego

8 minutes ago, gotoAndLego said:

They are smiling because they get to pilot a sweet as heck set.

Fighting AT-ATs was a fraction of what the pilots actually did. Flying is fun, which is why they are smiling.

Alright.

At least you didn't say "because it's a kids toy, hurr, durr."

I don't want to like this set, I want to be annoyed at ANOTHER snowspeeder - we've even had a UCS one before! - but darnit, this is a quality design and no fan of good lego could be that disappointed.

Okay, the price sucks, but otherwise...yeah, need to get this

Thanks for posting this information @BEAVeR

Since I missed the previous version, I am really happy with this redesign. Can't wait to pick up my copy....or two.....

Hahaha, always makes me smile :

• Includes 2 blaster pistols.

LOOL. :classic:

Anyway, day 1 purchase for me since I don't have the previous model or any other snowspeeder yet. 

Edited by Covi
Typo

Looks pretty good, but they could have made something more widely renown in Star Wars for the 40th Anniversary.

3 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Looks pretty good, but they could have made something more widely renown in Star Wars for the 40th Anniversary.

And the Snowspeeder isn't?! :look:

AT-AT, Snowspeeder, Millennium Falcon, X-wing, Tie Fighter....the big five if you ask me.
(don't mean so start a discussion, sorry)

Other than that....maybe we see another UCS set this year.

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

And the Snowspeeder isn't?! :look:

AT-AT, Snowspeeder, Millennium Falcon, X-wing, Tie Fighter....the big five if you ask me.
(don't mean so start a discussion, sorry)

Other than that....maybe we see another UCS set this year.

Fairs, I would say the big five are: the ISD, Tantive IV, X-Wing, Tie Fighter and the Millennium Falcon.

9 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Fairs, I would say the big five are: the ISD, Tantive IV, X-Wing, Tie Fighter and the Millennium Falcon.

Let's not get into that discussion... It'll derail this thread massively... and also this obviously isn't an Episode IV set anyway so the 40th Anniversary thing doesn't count for this one at least.

Initially I wasn't too excited about this set,but seeing the close-ups now I changed my mind. It is certainly lightyears away from last years hoth-set, despite having the same theme :wink:. A proper UCS set with some really good detailing.

2 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Let's not get into that discussion... It'll derail this thread massively... 

Agreed. Sorry I brought it up. Spur of the moment.

What a let down. 40th anniversary of New Hope and they completely ignored it with yet another snow speeder. Could have done something new. Sure it looks pretty decent (more UCS than the Hoth set haha).

Bottom Line: Though a nice build, a lot of people on here have built nicer more accurate looking Snowspeeders and uploaded their LDD files here that I'd rather bricklink for $50 and build. LEGO missed a big opportunity to do something new for the 40th anniversary.

I don't have another snowspeeder, so this is a must-buy for me. The design for this set is great IMO. Exactly what I'd expect from a UCS-set.

Definitely one of the best UCS sets ever.

Thank the Maker for the new windscreen! I can see some excellent UCS snowspeeder MOCs in the near future :) .

Great set to kick things off.  This is the starter.  Main course has yet to be served later in the year.

3 hours ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

I don't want to like this set, I want to be annoyed at ANOTHER snowspeeder - we've even had a UCS one before! - but darnit, this is a quality design and no fan of good lego could be that disappointed.

Okay, the price sucks, but otherwise...yeah, need to get this

This. After the Insult on Hoth and the DS remake (which I liked because I didn't have the original DS, but still, *remake*), we get yet another remake and it's also just a larger version of what we just got in another UCS. I won't be getting this because it's not up my alley in terms of what I collect, $200 can go a long way towards building my minifig scale fleets, but it is undeniably a gorgeous set and a fantastic update of the original. 

I'm pretty disappointed with this set - it's a very very poor rendition of a Millenium Falcon and not worthy of the UCS-label at all. I like that this Falcon finally has some interior, but it's all wrong. And let's not even talk about the exterior - the cockpit is the wrong shape, the wrong size compared to the rest of the ship, and even in the wrong position - it needs to be forward on the right side! They made an attempt at the mandibles, but they are far to short, and have the wrong shape and angles, too. This is very bad. I like that they attempted the segmented sublight-drive to the rear, but once again, it is the wrong shape, size and proportion. What were they thinking?

I can only hope that it'll not be that long again until we get yet another UCS Millenium Falcon, but this time designed much more accurately than this sorry excuse... :thumbup:

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Just now, DarthTwoShedsJackson said:

I'm pretty disappointed with this set - it's a very very poor rendition of a Millenium Falcon and not worthy of the UCS-label at all. I like that this Falcon finally has some interior, but it's all wrong. And let's not even talk about the exterior - the cockpit is the wrong shape, the wrong size compared to the rest of the ship, and even in the wrong position - it had to be forward on the right side. They made an attempt at the mandibles, but they are far to short, and have the wrong shape and angles, too. This is very bad. I like that they attempted the segmented sublight-drive to the rear, but once again, it is the wrong shape, size and proportion. What were they thinking?

I can only hope that it'll not be that long again until we get yet another UCS Millenium Falcon, but this time designed much more accurately than this sorry excuse... :thumbup:

:roflmao: This is gold!

LOL at MF post above...well done.

I like this UCS set a lot, semi-hefty price though...not thrilled with that sticker sheet so it seems. Hopefully they give us two for potential mess ups.

I'd get it...two blasters, peeps! :)

1 hour ago, Thebeeze111 said:

What a let down. 40th anniversary of New Hope and they completely ignored it with yet another snow speeder. Could have done something new. Sure it looks pretty decent (more UCS than the Hoth set haha).

Bottom Line: Though a nice build, a lot of people on here have built nicer more accurate looking Snowspeeders and uploaded their LDD files here that I'd rather bricklink for $50 and build. LEGO missed a big opportunity to do something new for the 40th anniversary.

You're not going to bricklink all new parts for a big UCS snowspeeder for $50.