Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

Challenge V, Cat 2: Glade Titan

Creaking along slowly through the Moruth Swamps, the Goblin's new waterborne siege engine makes it way to the front lines. Larger, stronger and more heavily armed than the first generation Siege Ship, it is formidable force in open water/ ship to ship combat. 

33423445742_b4bbc55092_b.jpg

33423445442_06d85e2668_b.jpg

33539722866_470b79c8c3_b.jpg

I will admit, I skimmed through the Cat 2 entry requirements, and built this without taking pictures of it in construction. If the judges let me slide, great, if not I will promptly remove it from the category and build something else, just let me know. Thanks! And thanks for looking!

That spiky roof looks really good on this hulk of a siege engine, and the skeleton heads hanging out add a lot of character!  Excellent curves too! :thumbup: 

This is defenitely the best LEGO-turtle I've seen to date :wink:

No, seriously, this is great. I especially love the spiked roof :wub: The curved slopes work fine as well

Your swamp landscape as always is top-notch, and the boat is terrific, too. The spikes are what really sell me on it, though, like the others have already said. The dashes of olive and lavender among the green foliage look great, too. 

That is alot, and I mean alot of dk green 1x1s *huh* The boat itself is awesome and I lobe the spiked roof. The swamp plants are wicked :thumbup:

On 3/22/2017 at 0:03 PM, Kai NRG said:

That spiky roof looks really good on this hulk of a siege engine, and the skeleton heads hanging out add a lot of character!  Excellent curves too! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai, hulk was what I was going for!

On 3/22/2017 at 2:40 PM, TitusV said:

This is defenitely the best LEGO-turtle I've seen to date :wink:

No, seriously, this is great. I especially love the spiked roof :wub: The curved slopes work fine as well

Lego turtle haha...thanks Titus

On 3/22/2017 at 6:31 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Your swamp landscape as always is top-notch, and the boat is terrific, too. The spikes are what really sell me on it, though, like the others have already said. The dashes of olive and lavender among the green foliage look great, too. 

Thanks Henjin!

On 3/23/2017 at 0:15 AM, The Maestro said:

That is alot, and I mean alot of dk green 1x1s *huh* The boat itself is awesome and I lobe the spiked roof. The swamp plants are wicked :thumbup:

I have plenty more floating around, thanks Maestro!

A very formidable entry!  Love the spines on the roof, the interior is well done, and the archer ports pull it all together.

The large bows used for the hull give an amazing shape and texture :thumbup: Tremendous roof as well, using dishes is a really cool concept.

Would be quite frightening to come up against in battle :classic:

It's amazing to see how many of the dark green bricks you have.  I wish I had that number to build cool swamp water with!  I like the black horns in the dishes.  It looks like some sort of animal and very much what I'd imagine a goblin ship would look like.  I like the interior as well.  The vegetation gives a great swamp feel to it.  Well done!

Well, we know what you found on the Pick-A-Brick Wall... :laugh: Love the swamp, it is beautiful. The massive-looking bulky siege warship is great, the spiked roof is a wonderful addition. :thumbup:

Wow. That boat is really good, with all those spikes on it, but the dense foliage is also good.

awesome boat, Blufiji. I'm late to the party, so I can only second the others: the spiky look is great as well as the curves of the boat. Overall, I think you nailed the look of a goblin boat! :thumbup:

On 3/25/2017 at 2:24 AM, Columbus019 said:

Incredible.

Love the spiked roof!

Columbus

Thanks sir!

On 3/25/2017 at 2:12 PM, Gunman said:

Great Spiky look, I really like it :sweet:

Thanks Gunman!

On 3/26/2017 at 6:02 PM, mrcp6d said:

A very formidable entry!  Love the spines on the roof, the interior is well done, and the archer ports pull it all together.

Thanks MRC, in this version I wanted get a real looking interior going.

On 3/27/2017 at 6:46 AM, soccerkid6 said:

The large bows used for the hull give an amazing shape and texture :thumbup: Tremendous roof as well, using dishes is a really cool concept.

Would be quite frightening to come up against in battle :classic:

Thanks SK!

On 3/27/2017 at 11:23 PM, Grover said:

It's amazing to see how many of the dark green bricks you have.  I wish I had that number to build cool swamp water with!  I like the black horns in the dishes.  It looks like some sort of animal and very much what I'd imagine a goblin ship would look like.  I like the interior as well.  The vegetation gives a great swamp feel to it.  Well done!

I have plenty more floating around in my apt. Thanks Grover!

On 3/27/2017 at 11:29 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Well, we know what you found on the Pick-A-Brick Wall... :laugh: Love the swamp, it is beautiful. The massive-looking bulky siege warship is great, the spiked roof is a wonderful addition. :thumbup:

I wish PAB had more round 2x2 cylinders but alas...thanks Leo!

On 3/29/2017 at 7:11 PM, Brandon Stark said:

Wow. That boat is really good, with all those spikes on it, but the dense foliage is also good.

Thank you Brandon!

2 hours ago, en_zoo said:

awesome boat, Blufiji. I'm late to the party, so I can only second the others: the spiky look is great as well as the curves of the boat. Overall, I think you nailed the look of a goblin boat! :thumbup:

Thanks En I appreciate your comment, late or not!

That is one beast of a boat! The spiky roof with those dishes looks absolutely perfect here, and the chains and other details add a lot to the goblin look. Excellent swamp plants too :thumbup:

Very nice boat and swampscaping :classic:
The Dwarven helmet worked great as an ornament too!

On 3/31/2017 at 6:38 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Great  Siege Ship! The roof is amazing!
Great job with the enviroment also! 
:sweet:

On 4/2/2017 at 3:36 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

:laugh: That is something weird for a change! 

Besides the ship, foilage and the green river are amazing.

Yea, I'm not to fond of ships..but this one was begging for a rebuild. Thanks Cap!

On 4/20/2017 at 0:14 PM, LittleJohn said:

That is one beast of a boat! The spiky roof with those dishes looks absolutely perfect here, and the chains and other details add a lot to the goblin look. Excellent swamp plants too :thumbup:

Thanks LJ!

On 4/25/2017 at 4:05 PM, Gideon said:

Very nice boat and swampscaping :classic:
The Dwarven helmet worked great as an ornament too!

Thanks Gideon!

On 3/31/2017 at 6:38 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Great  Siege Ship! The roof is amazing!
Great job with the enviroment also! 
:sweet:

Thank you sir!