Moppo

[MOC][Custom] T-60 Starspeeder

I originally started trying to create a desert version of the Rebel Airspeeder. Instead I ended up inventing a space variant instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I figure in this version the rear gun is an ion cannon, and these small, fighters use their speed to dodge enemy fire and disable important targets, giving regular starfighters like X-Wings an opening to quickly dispatch the target. It'd be for situations where Y-Wings are too slow, but would only be effective against larger targets if executed quickly.

v5KMEnN.png

KyBmIRUl.pngdXkt1LBl.png

CFE2ukRl.png

I don't know why there'd be a space version of an airspeeder, but I had fun. :laugh:

Great minds think alike! As you can see, early concepts for the T-47 Snowspeeder was a former star fighter cockpit. These are from The Empire Strikes Back Sketch Book by Joe Johnston and Nil Rodis-Jamero.

32783854253_4bf5c3593d.jpgSnow Speeder Concept art 1 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

33214492140_9e7a4748d4.jpgSnow Speeder Concept art 2 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

32755090774_a404173092.jpgSnow Speeder Concept art 3 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

Ah! Now that is a nice design. I might have to give that a shot, too!

I absolutely love this! It's a really good concept, and your backstory makes perfect sense. I can easily see this as a more maneuverable alternative to the BTL-S3 Y-Wing (the two-seater). 

My only critique is that it seems a bit too streamlined. Incom Corporation's products were often very angular. Take a look at the Z-95, T-47, UT-60D, and – of course – the T-65; you'll start to see some common design themes. 

However, I don't think this detracts from the model at all! Just something to consider for future updates.