Hinckley

New contests

Hey everybody.

We are once again trying something new with the contest scheduling. For now, we are going to try having the staff host and schedule all contests. Post your ideas and suggestions here and build on other people's suggestions. We will pull some ideas for contests from this thread.

Posting your idea in this thread will not guarantee that it will become a contest, but we'd like to keep hearing what people are interested in competing in, so post away.

Thanks and bear with us as this is a new process for everyone.

well, im not sure how many people would enter this, but i was thinking about a small (jeep/pickup) army vehicle moc contest. not really sure how to explain it :-$

Edited by ricecracker

I was thinking of this: Your mission is to build one of the MM vehicals or buildings from the lego online game. (i.e. breeding pit, etc.)

An alternate model MOC contest, to see who can make a good alternate model out of your chosen set.

Rules are

1. Must use all and only the peices in your chosen set.

and thats about it

being only a knight i can't really give you anything but bragging rights

so if you win you shall be the 1st2nd best alternate Mocer on EB (i'm the best :-P )

I think a post apoc contest would be fun. Since I've never built one of them , it could be really fun :-D

I don't know about prizes though 8-|

*sweet*

I think a post apoc contest would be fun. Since I've never built one of them , it could be really fun :-D

I don't know about prizes though 8-|

*sweet*

I was thinking that too! We could make it up together! *sweet*

Heres what I was thinking:

Post-Apoc Contest.

Categories: Vignette, Mini Vig, and 32x32 baseplate.

Here are things that have to be included in to the moc:

A dead tree, a tank/defense vehicle, armoured wall, a mutant/s, creature/s, a faction of any sort, a robot, a natural landscape like a cave or cliff, a spaceship, a building or base (can only have 2 or less) and a dead creature or skeleton, fire, vehicle or wreckage.

The minivig only has to include 1, the vignette has to include 2, and the 32x32 baseplate has to include 4.

Anything else extra can be added by you, and you can do more than the required amount.

Do you think that could work?

Batbrick Something! *wacko*

Edited by Batbrick

I definitely like the way you think BatBrick! *y*

I'd be happy to help with this contest. Is there some way BatBrick and I could set this up?

*sweet*

I definitely like the way you think BatBrick! *y*

I'd be happy to help with this contest. Is there some way BatBrick and I could set this up?

*sweet*

Thankyou Exobuilder! *sweet*

I think the staff schedule it and host it, so we are here to give the idea and build on it.

Have you or anyone else any ideas to make it better?

Batbrick Something! *wacko*

Sorry. This is just to tell us your ideas.

I think a beasty contest could be fun. Who could create the most genetically combined animal or test subject? :-P (I am unsure of how many would enter though, as it's sometimes hard to make animals from pure bricks; some creator sets doa good job of inspiration though)

The good ole alternate model contest is always there aswell, but that's a hard one for me as if I keep a set togeather for a long time, it's usually because I had a reason for it and really like it, if it doesnt stay togeather for more than a day or two, it's been scrapped for parts from notliking :-$

Personally my favourite would be any kind of theme that could be incorperated into a diorama. I love dioramas, I have only made one unpopular diorama, but it was a blast to make. Anything like that would be great.

Or just a plain ole land base vehicle purpose with a certain purpose. (Just any land based vehicle is kind of.. broad..)

I'm no help :-$

How about this one:

Imagine how Eurobricks would look in Virtual Reality.

How about it? ;-)

My next vehicle contest was going to be to build race cars based on our sig-figs. You can see all the details I had made here: my idea

"Supersize-me"!

How about a contest that asks builders to take their favorite set and build it on a larger scale? The basic idea would be to take a pre-existing set and build it UCS-style with more detail and on a grander scale. It could be anything from a basic vehicle to a police station or the Galaxy Explorer. A perfect example would be Dan's jumbo King's Mountain Fortress 6081:

dsc02390.jpg_thumb.jpg

as opposed to the original:

6081-1-995658629.jpg

While the MOC is clearly much bigger, it is immediately recognizable as being the King's Mountain Fortress.

The beautiful thing about such a contest is that any set could be supersized regardless of size. A micro car from the 80s could be turned into a larger more contemporary version akin to what can be found in current sets (ie a 4-wide fire engine to something 6-8 studs in width). The key is that the MOC should be immediately recognized when compared with the original. A 30-50 piece set could be reinvented as something with 250-300 bricks, meaning anybody could compete.

The best thing is that the parameters for building are so broad that you couldn't begin to predict the sorts of entries you might see.

or MINIMIZE me. basically the exact opposite of what blueandwhite said. just in case someone doesn't have enough bricks

Here's an idea: Luck of the Irish (No offense) Contest. You can only use the following sets, and you can only have one or two of the same set. Limited to 5 sets X-O .

The sets:

8114.jpg

7733.jpg

7734.jpg

4837.jpg

8492b.jpg

8152.jpg

Makes you choose what you you can use and what you can't.

Contest time: the entire month of March.

Here's an idea: Luck of the Irish (No offense) Contest. You can only use the following sets, and you can only have one or two of the same set. Limited to 5 sets X-O .

Wouldn't this really limit the number of people who can/will enter a contest? I can't imagine alot of people running out to buy a bunch of sets for the sole purpose of entering a contest (where those five sets end up being the grand prize no less :-D ). Set based contests need to be developed around extremely popular sets.

I like Blueandwhite's idea. Bulding a large version of a set is something I've wanted to do for a while. It could also be a contest open to all themes, which might get lots of entries.

I had a real simple yet fun idea :-)

Build your own Castle Impulse Contest!

- Limited to under 50 pieces

- 1-2 figs only

- Can range from Maidens with castle Wells to Orcs and shooty things

Its small and simple ;-)

P

Why not have a contest where contestants build planes. It can be either jet or propellor.

My next vehicle contest was going to be to build race cars based on our sig-figs. You can see all the details I had made here: my idea

I especially like this idea, and the supersize idea. I would be sure to try and enter in both of them, the supersize me contest would give me an excuse to build a diorama, and I would especially love to build a favourite set of mine on a larger scale *wub* No spoilers!