Sign in to follow this  
B-Lister

Did anybody else not get a spare printed piece with the catcycle chase?

Every review I see says it's supposed to have an extra, but I didn't get one. Weird.

It included everything required to build the set, but no spare slope.

I bought mine at TRU.

Which country are you in?

I've also noticed recently that LEGO is not putting the same amount of extra pieces in that they used to. It became apparent when I was building all the Batman Movie sets, some parts that appeared in different 2 different numbered bags would only include 1 extra, whereas in previous years, they would include 1 extra for each bag.

I didn't get one either. It doesn't bother me, since it is just an extra, but I do find it odd that the reviews tend to have it.

20 hours ago, Brickus said:

Which country are you in?

I'm in the US. Like I said, it's no big deal. I have all the parts to build the set. It was just strange that all the reviews crowed about getting a spare, but mine didn't. 

I got mine in Australia not long ago and the piece showed up and I was pleasantly surprised. Perhaps it's a Europe/Asia region specific occurrence than a North America one?

Possibly, but a lot of the reviewers sound American. I bought the Black Panther Jet in Australia last year and I could be mistaken, but I believe it had all of the same extras as the US set.

Edited by B-Lister

Do any of you still have the box? You may be able to see if it was a certain production run. To find this, there is a 4 digit number on the tape seals that would indicate where and when your set was produced. The first 2 digits are numbers indicating the week number of the year. The third is a letter, indicating which factory it was produced, I'm going to presume that the letter will be 'R', indicating that it came from the factory down in Mexico, 'S' would indicate The Czech Republic and 'g' indicates that it comes from the newly opened factory in China, there will only be 1 letter. The last number means what year it was made, likely to be 6 as they probably went into production in 2016.

Edited by Brickus

Like the extra torso of Ms. Marvel, I think it varies through geo. In Asia we do get spares/extra parts of the set. 

Also just to add in the conversation, if you guys can notice boxes from Asia doesn't have the part where you can easily push the carton and easily open the box. Unlike US boxes, 

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

Like the extra torso of Ms. Marvel, I think it varies through geo. In Asia we do get spares/extra parts of the set. 

Also just to add in the conversation, if you guys can notice boxes from Asia doesn't have the part where you can easily push the carton and easily open the box. Unlike US boxes, 

Yes all the new sets coming out of the China factory now have only tape seals, no more push tabs, only in specific sets from Europe, and small sets in the US. Also Technic sets are almost all push tabs and come out of the Czech factory.

8 minutes ago, Brickus said:

Yes all the new sets coming out of the China factory now have only tape seals, no more push tabs, only in specific sets from Europe, and small sets in the US. Also Technic sets are almost all push tabs and come out of the Czech factory.

Packaging is not a big issue I guess. ( as long as they use the same quality for the bricks ) knowing that they have a lot of bootleg company for bricks. 

Another downside is getting the spare/extra parts. 

CONGRATS! 1OOOTH POST

Edited by SpiderJazz