Not a bad idea actually. If people contribute their own pages it would help keep track of the little universe we've got going on here.

My dream has come true! It'll be cool to have our own "version" of the Star Wars canon but for SoNE as a wikia.

So, I am back home and had some time to come back to this page. I've added a page for my character and introduced an "original characters" category, in which your protagonists can be added. :classic:

It would be cool to see this grow!

Please excuse the double posting! But I received a message on the Nar Eurbrikka wiki asking how I did something in my characters' articles, so I thought it would be worth sharing here as well for everyone to know.

I was asked how I added the character infobox for my character profiles. If you are not familiar with it, an infobox serves as a kind of bullet point-esque fact sheet about characters or factions, often used in fiction wikis to give a quick overview of a character. It is also the method used on Wookieepedia, for example, to describe official franchise characters. On the Nar Eurbrikka wiki, I set up an infobox to do the same, basically, and it looks like this when added to the article:

ru9z0w.jpg

You can see it right next to my basic text describing Cody's story. The data that can be filled in contains Name, Alias, Affiliation, Military Rank, Profession, Species, Gender and Homeworld. You can also enter a box title and add a profile picture for the character. Any information that you don't enter into the form will not show up, so you don't have to fill it in completely for the infobox to work. But how do you add it when writing an article? It's actually pretty easy – all you have to do is type: {{ This should open a box in which you can select what kind of template you want to insert.

xldqw4.jpg

Fairly early in the list, you should see "Character" (not to be confused with "Infobox character", which is a different template than the one I set up). If you don't see it in the list, type "Character" in the search bar above and select the "Character" template from the search results. Once you click on it, you get a list of data you can fill out with the aforementioned fields. Fill in the data you want to show up for your character and, ideally, add an image as well, and that's it! Hit "Apply changes" at the bottom right and the next thing that happens is that your infobox will show up on the right side of your article and you can continue writing your character's bio or whatever. If you want to edit any info, just double-click on the infobox and you will be able to make your changes.

So, I hope this helps those who want to set up their character pages. :classic:

On 4/6/2017 at 6:38 AM, Jannik said:

Is this wiki approved by the moderators?

No, but GoH has a wiki.

Edited by VaderFan2187

So, we as a leadership have looked into this and don't have a conclusive answer for you all. We aren't super excited about the idea because we would love to keep things on-site, but neither are we opposed to people putting their time into it. It's not like there's anything we could really do to stop you even if we wanted. :yoda: But clearly there is a demand for something like the wiki, so we'll see if we can do anything to improve our character database.

Thanks for being cool about this. I don't know about others, but personally I see SoNE as a chance to tell stories and come up with characters and scenarios in a fanfiction-esque way, so world building is very important to me that way and a wiki can help with that. I also think it makes things a little bit more connected, replicating the feeling that we're all operating in the same world.

If there's any way to help the team out with character databases, galaxy maps, etc, I for one would be eager to offer support. :wink:

On 4/5/2017 at 3:49 AM, Cody Startale said:

Please excuse the double posting! But I received a message on the Nar Eurbrikka wiki asking how I did something in my characters' articles, so I thought it would be worth sharing here as well for everyone to know.

I was asked how I added the character infobox for my character profiles. If you are not familiar with it, an infobox serves as a kind of bullet point-esque fact sheet about characters or factions, often used in fiction wikis to give a quick overview of a character. It is also the method used on Wookieepedia, for example, to describe official franchise characters. On the Nar Eurbrikka wiki, I set up an infobox to do the same, basically, and it looks like this when added to the article:

You can see it right next to my basic text describing Cody's story. The data that can be filled in contains Name, Alias, Affiliation, Military Rank, Profession, Species, Gender and Homeworld. You can also enter a box title and add a profile picture for the character. Any information that you don't enter into the form will not show up, so you don't have to fill it in completely for the infobox to work. But how do you add it when writing an article? It's actually pretty easy – all you have to do is type: {{ This should open a box in which you can select what kind of template you want to insert.

Fairly early in the list, you should see "Character" (not to be confused with "Infobox character", which is a different template than the one I set up). If you don't see it in the list, type "Character" in the search bar above and select the "Character" template from the search results. Once you click on it, you get a list of data you can fill out with the aforementioned fields. Fill in the data you want to show up for your character and, ideally, add an image as well, and that's it! Hit "Apply changes" at the bottom right and the next thing that happens is that your infobox will show up on the right side of your article and you can continue writing your character's bio or whatever. If you want to edit any info, just double-click on the infobox and you will be able to make your changes.

So, I hope this helps those who want to set up their character pages. :classic:

Do you know if there's a way to do this on mobile?

Should we make a page for Blacksun, Rebels, Empire?

Edited by LEGORACER1