may i introduce my latest wip  supercar the WARRIOR SUPERCAR

it was going to feature 4ws but was very hard to make without taking out the diff

i so far has steered wheel in cabin, suspension, 2 xl's geared up 2:143:1 through the diff

as my first supercar on this site it is not too advanced

however it is not my first.....

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

full gallery here

tell me your thoughts

aventador

Edited by Aventador2004

4 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Looks pretty good so far, but I think it is either too wide or too short, but that just might be me. Otherwise it looks promising.

I second this. I would also swap the gears connecting the servo output to the fake steering wheel. The way they are now, you'll barely see any steering wheel motion.

I think you should consider changing the width/length ratio and position of steering wheel, unless you plan something special in the middle. :D 
And, If I were you, I would save the poor 8t wheels in the drivetrain from destruction by replacing them with different and more rigid geartrain setup.

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Reading 'Warrior' I immediately thought of something like this:

p_acingWar - YT

As he wrote Horcik, avoid 8t as easily damaged, but if you have no other good, and such a solution: D

In my opinion, the width to length ratio is OK;)

Edited by pangniadek

28 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

I think you should consider changing the width/length ratio and position of steering wheel, unless you plan something special in the middle. :D 
And, If I were you, I would save the poor 8t wheels in the drivetrain from destruction by replacing them with different and more rigid geartrain setup.

This is a great point actually. Make sure to always brace drivetrain gears from both sides (helps prevent gear slipping), and I'd use the new style of gear there too (replace the old one).

Hope you're not taking this criticism too negatively, we're all here to help you build a great working model!

Looks good, I agree with a few of the other comments though and I'd consider changing the Gearing for the steering and strengthening the drive gears and changing the 8t gears. It's also a bit short and would considering lengthening it to get a more appropriate stance. The suspension looks good and you definitely have the right idea, you'll get there :) I look forward to the bodywork

o

3 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Looks pretty good so far, but I think it is either too wide or too short, but that just might be me. Otherwise it looks promising.

it may be off scale a little as i don't use a scaler 

3 hours ago, VKTechnic said:

I second this. I would also swap the gears connecting the servo output to the fake steering wheel. The way they are now, you'll barely see any steering wheel motion.

i forgot i put them in wrong before i took the pics, fixed hereIMG_0775.JPG

1 hour ago, DugaldIC said:

Looks good, I agree with a few of the other comments though and I'd consider changing the Gearing for the steering and strengthening the drive gears and changing the 8t gears. It's also a bit short and would considering lengthening it to get a more appropriate stance. The suspension looks good and you definitely have the right idea, you'll get there :) I look forward to the bodywork

i tried lengthening a car once it didn't go so well

fixed and better structure

IMG_0773.JPG

hope this works for alll

please let me know

aventador

3 hours ago, VKTechnic said:

This is a great point actually. Make sure to always brace drivetrain gears from both sides (helps prevent gear slipping), and I'd use the new style of gear there too (replace the old one).

Hope you're not taking this criticism too negatively, we're all here to help you build a great working model!

i understand fully as i am posting for pointers and tips to help

Edited by Aventador2004

I meant using different set of gears - for the same ratio and distances I suggest 36t with12t combination They're much stronger than these tiny 8t, which probably will have many problems with transmitted torque.

Just now, HorcikDesigns said:

I meant using different set of gears - for the same ratio and distances I suggest 36t with12t combination They're much stronger than these tiny 8t, which probably will have many problems with transmitted torque.

Have to disagree a bit here, the new 8t gears especially are perfectly fine in this application (given they are braced well).

11 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

i forgot i put them in wrong before i took the pics, fixed hereIMG_0775.JPG

Much better :) In the future, you could also use pulley wheels with rubber bands to get a belt driven system.

8 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

I don't own any 36t gears so I used these 24:8 gears

If anymore thing are to be said please do as I am working on the car right now

Edited by Aventador2004

take the pics with a grain of salt i had to remove a lot of bodywork due to rubbing

i used in past models and only got positive feedback

i am considering instructions

Edited by Aventador2004
added content

1 hour ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I like the spoiler, but the front needs some lights.

Yes, and I suppose that space between upper (red) and middle (white) triangle panels may perfectly fit it: like a thin headlight line and huge "maw" below for a better cooling. It should be very aggressive! Also, possible I'd swap these triangle panels to make a completely red half bumper - half front spoiler with a while bonnet (or trunk?). Just my opinion :wink:

And now, with seems to finished bumpers, I'd like to say that length to width ratio looks much better. Way to go, Aventador2004 !

Edited by Void_S
typos, sorry...

Did some work and added new rear with a m motor and la ajustment

due to the making of f1 instructions this project is on hold

Edited by Aventador2004