Sign in to follow this  
Puvel

Book II Challenge V Category B: Mitgardian preparations

The villagers were on full alert. Preparations were needed for the upcoming battles.

The armory was busier than ever, the smith was creating spears. The woodworker would turn those into proper missiles later. 

A ballista was build but the engineer was still doing some calculations. Once everything is perfectly ballanced, wheels would be added to make it transportable.

Little Mickey was there for motivational support waving his flag and singing songs about ancient battles.

33558682235_27aa8efc73_c.jpg

33558682695_0f55d77cf4_c.jpg

33175632290_f33b5f0f17_c.jpg

Edited by Puvel
Added some pics with side views

I really like that house in the background, the different shades of green work great! The ballista is also very cool, and go Little Mickey! :wink: 

Very nice, I like the various action scenes that you have shown here. The ground could use a bit more texturing, I think, as it is rather flat and monochrome, but other than that I think it looks great. The ballista is good, but the upper story of the house steals the show in my opinion. 

The green house really does pop well! And is perfectly Mitgardian :wub: The bit of stone wall, is simple, but helps complete the scene. I like your minifigure combos, and forge area in the background :thumbup:

I'd have to agree with the others - beautiful little house in the background there! :wub:  The colors work perfectly, and that skin hanging in front of the door is a brilliant touch as well!  Great job showing the action too (do I spot your BoBS sig-fig there? :laugh:)! :thumbup:

Such a nice build, lovely colors and the minifigure placement makes it come alive... I can almost hear the ax going! :grin:

I can't find a single thing that does not look good in this build, everything is just right and that's a feast for the eye! :thumbup: The greens work well for the house, along with the excellent figures. I like the activity, from the forging in the back, to the woodchopping in the front. Nice balance between studs and tiles on the ground, too. And those missiles... heavy-duty! Great work! :thumbup:

12 hours ago, TitusV said:

I really like that house in the background, the different shades of green work great! The ballista is also very cool, and go Little Mickey! :wink: 

Thanks Titus! Been wanting to build a house with those greens for a while now! The ballista was a bit small to earn a complete baseplate so was happy to create a scene around it.

11 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice, I like the various action scenes that you have shown here. The ground could use a bit more texturing, I think, as it is rather flat and monochrome, but other than that I think it looks great. The ballista is good, but the upper story of the house steals the show in my opinion. 

Thanks Henjin! Kept the ground monochrome on purpose, figured it's in an indoor courtyard so would be cleane up every now and then. The only texturing I did was use both tiles and plates, hope it shows better in the added pics.

9 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

The green house really does pop well! And is perfectly Mitgardian :wub: The bit of stone wall, is simple, but helps complete the scene. I like your minifigure combos, and forge area in the background :thumbup:

Thanks Soccerkid! If you say it looks perfectly Mitgardian, it must be true :laugh:

8 hours ago, Garmadon said:

I'd have to agree with the others - beautiful little house in the background there! :wub:  The colors work perfectly, and that skin hanging in front of the door is a brilliant touch as well!  Great job showing the action too (do I spot your BoBS sig-fig there? :laugh:)! :thumbup:

Thanks Garmadon! It's my BoBS sig-fig cutting the wood indeed, that should explain his absence there for the last 2 months or so :classic:

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

Such a nice build, lovely colors and the minifigure placement makes it come alive... I can almost hear the ax going! :grin:

Thanks Kai! Great to hear it's lively

4 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

I can't find a single thing that does not look good in this build, everything is just right and that's a feast for the eye! :thumbup: The greens work well for the house, along with the excellent figures. I like the activity, from the forging in the back, to the woodchopping in the front. Nice balance between studs and tiles on the ground, too. And those missiles... heavy-duty! Great work! :thumbup:

Thanks Exetrius! Nice complements there :blush:

I agree the green really looks great on the house.  The house is very unique.  I like the balcony.  The forge is nice.  The minifigs are fantastic.  Great job.

Lovel green tudor work. Feels very mitgardian. The little scenes are great and I love the figs. The torso the warriors are wearing, where is it from?

what a beautiful "mitgardian" entry man :wub: The use of the shield at top, the colors at the roof and all thosr misc accessories around.

Great moc Puvel

Pretty house and some heavy-duty ordinance to visit upon the Spire!  I actually like the one color ground; the mix of tiles and plates I think adds plenty of textural variation. :thumbup:

I don't know how I missed this, but I love it!  I think it's a great balance between really clean lines and more rough building techniques to give a juxtaposition between the stone and the upper level.  Colors are great, the roof is superb... really well done!

Excellent build, Puvel. The greens work beautifully for the house here, and the use of that flag for a covering for the doorway is superb :thumbup: The stonework, work-site details, and shield under the roof are great details too :classic: