Henjin_Quilones

Book II, Challenge V, Category B: The Hand of Corruption Catapult Wheel

The Hand of Corruption Catapult Wheel

A build for the Spire in Book II, Challenge V, Category B

At a Hand of Corruption camp near the edge of the Moruth Swamplands, where the Spire forces were congregating for an attack on the Resistance capital of Abyssian, work was underway on a new type of siege weapon, a multiple-shot catapult wheel, capable of firing six shots per minute with an experienced crew manning her. The uruks of the Hand were just now putting the finishing touches on the masterpiece of destructive engineering. 

32698798734_a655d7fbd0_c.jpg

The blacksmiths get no rest, beating out nails and pieces of the frame with skillful blows of their hammers. 

33501325146_42ae5f70aa_c.jpg

Guards keep anyone unwanted away. 

33501324226_73fc83c5cc_c.jpg

The machine itself:

33501322116_1dfcdfcefb_c.jpg

Spoiler

More shots:

33501321276_3abe8fb6bc_c.jpg

33413591901_d1d39342d6_c.jpg

33501326606_983ff5da9a_c.jpg

................................................................................................................................

Wow, barely got this together... of course I did not start until after supper on the 19th, though my main focus was on my Alliance build. C&C welcome. I did not realize until editing that a pile of wheels had fallen into the swamp, but oh well. The Spire needed some love. 

Sweet man, great to see another entry for the spire. I love the landscaping and the seige weapon is wicked. The use of chains is great :thumbup:

Lovely :wub: 

The wagon is really cool, and the background reminds me of Blufiji (read: is very Nocturnian :wink: )

My favoured part of the MOC must be the smithy though. The use of these trans-orange bars makes my mouth water man :drool: 

Keep up the good work!

That is quite a brilliant catapult set up! Lovely bit of swamp, with an excellent walkway over it :thumbup: Also quite a fearsome Spire banner there :classic:

Clever catapult idea!  The wheel in the center looks really good, and the setting is great too - the lime green catches the eye!  This is definitely not a vehicle I'd like to come up against!

23 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Sweet man, great to see another entry for the spire. I love the landscaping and the seige weapon is wicked. The use of chains is great :thumbup:

I didn't want the Spire to have only one or two; at the time I started building this, none, or maybe just one, build had been posted for the Spire. Glad you like the chains, Maestro!

17 hours ago, TitusV said:

Lovely :wub: 

The wagon is really cool, and the background reminds me of Blufiji (read: is very Nocturnian :wink: )

My favoured part of the MOC must be the smithy though. The use of these trans-orange bars makes my mouth water man :drool: 

Keep up the good work!

Blufiji inspires many of my builds, so I'll take that as a compliment of the highest order. The swamp is certainly influenced by his creations. Those trans-orange bars are one of the best things to come out of the NK theme, in my opinion, and were a worthy buy for that reason alone. Thanks, Titus!

13 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

That is quite a brilliant catapult set up! Lovely bit of swamp, with an excellent walkway over it :thumbup: Also quite a fearsome Spire banner there :classic:

Thanks, SK, I wanted to try something different than I had seen others doing, and, well, it kind of works (though please do not ask me what provides the flinging power; magic?). 

5 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Clever catapult idea!  The wheel in the center looks really good, and the setting is great too - the lime green catches the eye!  This is definitely not a vehicle I'd like to come up against!

Thanks, Kai! It turned out pretty well for a speed build, I thought. 

really good job with that catapult! I also like the swamp too, as well as the walkover.

This is great!  Exactly what I'd expect from the Spire!  I don't get the big black space wheels, but that's the only complaint I have here.  Fantastic MOC. :thumbup:

(Love that banner in the back!)

For some reason I hadn't seen this build yet. Anyways, your siege engine is pretty good, and so is the layering on the ground.

On 3/21/2017 at 1:05 PM, en_zoo said:

really good job with that catapult! I also like the swamp too, as well as the walkover.

Thanks, en_zoo! It was a hastily thrown together build, but it turned out pretty nicely. 

On 3/21/2017 at 2:45 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I love that green water!

Thanks, Cap! If Nocturnus (and @Blufiji) has taught me anything, it is that water ought to be lime green. 

On 3/21/2017 at 11:46 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Excellent build, the catapult is great. I really like the little walkway as well. :thumbup:

Thanks, LdB!

On 3/22/2017 at 11:59 AM, Blufiji said:

An Impressive and destructive looking machine!

I'm not so sure of its efficacy, but destructive looking certainly. Thanks, Blu!

On 3/26/2017 at 7:34 PM, mrcp6d said:

This is great!  Exactly what I'd expect from the Spire!  I don't get the big black space wheels, but that's the only complaint I have here.  Fantastic MOC. :thumbup:

(Love that banner in the back!)

Thanks, mrcp6d! The black space wheels are actually dark pearl grey, and came from a Ninjago set; I was imagining them to be large steel wheels for another tractor-esque weapon of destruction. 

On 3/28/2017 at 0:33 AM, Grover said:

Looks good!  I like the smooth shoreline and the sail cover over the forges.

Thank you, Grover! I've been wanting to use the sails for a covering like that for a long time now, and was glad that the sudden fit of inspiration caught me to throw it in there. 

On 3/29/2017 at 8:10 PM, Brandon Stark said:

For some reason I hadn't seen this build yet. Anyways, your siege engine is pretty good, and so is the layering on the ground.

Thanks, Brandon! Ground layering is essential to create a semi-realistic plastic world. 

On 3/31/2017 at 7:39 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Wow! great catapult!! 

Glad you like it! 

Excellent build, especially considering your time restraints! The lime green water looks great and the simple palisade design works wonderfully here.
I always love seeing sails used as tents too! :thumbup: