Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

Book II Challenge V [Cat. B]: Arcane Regulation Core

Beneath the Zotharian city hall lays a secret, safeguarded chamber with thick, reinforced walls. The chamber is said to contain Zotharith's most prestigious projects. Ten days or so ago, Onicius locked himself in this place, only to be disturbed by those delivering either food or materials, twice a day. He has been tinkering on an immensely complicated magical device. The process from idea, to working out the design, and building took months, but now, it is nearing completion...

33499302766_59dec6928b_z.jpg

Onicius calls it the Arcane Regulation Core (ARC), which will eventually enable him to control arcane magic flows on a whole different level. The wheels of fate are slowly starting to turn!

33540254855_1043b119c6_z.jpg

33540256465_751a34b177_z.jpg

33540255115_1e35ba2caf_z.jpg

Hello guys! I had this build in mind for the Exetrius Saga for half a year or so, but I thought it would be a fitting entry to the Challenge as well, so built it earlier then I originally planned to. Turned out fine in my opinion, even though I had to rush the base. Hope you enjoyed, C&C always appreciated! :wink: 

Nice build! I really like the use of trans-purple (?) 1x1's, they give a magical touch to the whole MOC :thumbup: 

All of that black must be hard to photograph! I like the way it looks, Exetrius, especially the trans-purple and the gold accents. I like your magical-technology builds, as they gently nudge the envelope of what is allowable in the Guilds without ever stepping over the line. My favorite part, oddly enough, is the candlestick, though. That detail caught my eye and has stuck. 

13 hours ago, TitusV said:

Nice build! I really like the use of trans-purple (?) 1x1's, they give a magical touch to the whole MOC :thumbup: 

Thank you! 

11 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

All of that black must be hard to photograph! I like the way it looks, Exetrius, especially the trans-purple and the gold accents. I like your magical-technology builds, as they gently nudge the envelope of what is allowable in the Guilds without ever stepping over the line. My favorite part, oddly enough, is the candlestick, though. That detail caught my eye and has stuck. 

Yes, photographing hasn't been optimal for this build, usually I only use this setup for figbarfs only, but at 2.30 AM, I was a little out of options... :laugh: 

I hope to explain the significance of trans purple and the gold in a different build soon(-ish), as well as to properly continue my Exetrius Saga. A big thanks for your compliment, I feel like this is really my niche within Nocturnus, and more will certainly follow! :wink:

hehe you're definitely making Zotharith an interesting place to visit ^^

Edited by en_zoo

How do you get that awesome lighting effect? 

Nice magical doomsday looking device thingy!

Man this looks complicated and it gives off a real dangerous look. The details like the candle are nice and the touches of gold and purple are excellent :thumbup:

On 21-3-2017 at 5:15 PM, en_zoo said:

hehe you're definitely making Zotharith an interesting place to visit ^^

On 22-3-2017 at 5:10 PM, Blufiji said:

How do you get that awesome lighting effect? 

Nice magical doomsday looking device thingy!

On 23-3-2017 at 6:11 AM, The Maestro said:

Man this looks complicated and it gives off a real dangerous look. The details like the candle are nice and the touches of gold and purple are excellent :thumbup:

Thanks a lot, guys! :classic:

@Blufiji I have a white desk against a white wall and a rod-shaped LED desk lamp. I make the room dark, turn on the lamp and hold it really close to the object I want to photograph. It creates that kind of shade horizon effect (the further away/larger the object, the less contrast is between illuminated surface and shade). 

That is one complicated looking thingamajig :laugh: Nice use of brown window frames to support the planks :thumbup:

Edited by soccerkid6

I like all the detail included on such a small build. The magical regulation core is really interesting, and I also love the little details, including that candle idea. I don't know if that was intentional, but the light and black pieces go well together, and looks very eerie and mysterious, fitting for Nocturnus.

21 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

That is one complicated looking thingamajig :laugh: Nice use of brown window frames to support the planks :thumbup:

I'll add that to the vocabulary. :laugh: Thanks, SK!

15 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

I like all the detail included on such a small build. The magical regulation core is really interesting, and I also love the little details, including that candle idea. I don't know if that was intentional, but the light and black pieces go well together, and looks very eerie and mysterious, fitting for Nocturnus.

Thanks! That lighting was indeed intention, I'm often trying to find that one angle that reflects the light towards the camera. :classic:

That's cool!  I like the high-fantasy feel to the build.  The translucent pieces with all the black looks great.  As everyone else commented, I bet that black was hard to photograph, but you did a great job!  Well done!

On 27-3-2017 at 10:13 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

I hope he puts that together properly, Nocturnus could have some problems otherwise... :grin: 

Maybe will Nocturnus have problems if he does put it together properly... Who knows? :wink:

On 28-3-2017 at 4:28 AM, Grover said:

That's cool!  I like the high-fantasy feel to the build.  The translucent pieces with all the black looks great.  As everyone else commented, I bet that black was hard to photograph, but you did a great job!  Well done!

Thanks a lot, Grover! :classic:

That is quite the... thing. *huh*:laugh: Great job with the tables and various other details like the candle and floor too, they complement the scene well :thumbup:

14 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

That is quite the... thing. *huh*:laugh: Great job with the tables and various other details like the candle and floor too, they complement the scene well :thumbup:

Thank you! It's really your standard war machine, is it? :tongue: I hope to explain what it exactly does in a future build. :classic: