Hi, 

This is my latest finished MOC - The Tatra T2-603 (1962). (Have somebody build this car in this scale so far? (I know that there is one much smaller) I do not believe that I am the first one :devil:)

I started to build this car in the end of December 2016 and after two weeks of building I decided to aim it to exhibition in Prague. So this car is mostly a "show version", without needed attention to all functions that there should have been.

33373875102_b279891360_z.jpgTatra T2-603 
33402172861_c605a61079_z.jpgTatra T2-603 
33489850986_f922f110dd_z.jpgTatra T2-603 
33403084021_9ecc853d77_z.jpgT2-603

33495864386_6afc1abc42_z.jpgT2-603

Here are photos to illustrate features of the model. Not all are showing current assembly.
32412933681_740c22dbc5_z.jpgWIP2 T603 

33495868216_f05546ef3d_z.jpgT2-603 

Suspension Front: Macpherson suspension strut

33495855346_139cc909c8_z.jpgT2-603

Steering: HOGless, working steering wheel, connected with axle via two U-joints and chain.

33584997535_c6250c7da2_z.jpgT2-603 - internal structure 

31655263001_5e746cb14d_z.jpgWIP2 1:11.1 

Suspension Rear: Tatra's signature swinging half-axle (Ledwinka's conception)

32722392353_ccbe62ca66_z.jpgT2-603
Engine: fake and red air-cooled 90° V8
31624443891_f3a18d5c5b_z.jpg[WIP] 
32460810985_3b8e3fcff9_z.jpgWIP T2-603

32693255934_e05c72b351_z.jpgT2-603

Gearbox: missing due to lack of space

Opening: all doors, hood, trunk
32460807055_68ba7ccf92_z.jpgWIP T2-603 

32722386423_82ed6330c3_z.jpgT2-603 

Interior: detailed, but not overloaded and luxurious.
32232476135_57d7622f5c_z.jpgPure luxury 

I plan to make more photos of this MOC, so stay tuned.

Enjoy, in case you like it. 

Edited by HorcikDesigns

I had no clue Tatra made anything other than massive trucks. What a delightful model, I especially like the use of tubing to capture the shape of the windows. Nice work!

What a beauty! I just fell in love. :wub: So much attention on the details (as always)...:thumbup:

Thank you very much!

21 minutes ago, John Daniels said:

I had no clue Tatra made anything other than massive trucks. What a delightful model, I especially like the use of tubing to capture the shape of the windows. Nice work!

Making heavy trucks is present and also past main production line of Tatra (these days, Tatra Tucks). However there were (mainly in the beginning) some exceptions. 

Unbeliveble looks ! The bodywork is so .......perfect. Very clever idea to use pneumatic tubing for window frame. HoF is waiting for this :) Can we get some close-ups for the front suspention ?

Thank you very much! The pneumatic tubing is reinforced with metal wire to stay in shape.

The rims and tires are painted to fit the look of the car more. 

I¨ll take more photos as soon as possible.

Brilliant model! I have visited Tatra museum back in 2003 and was amazed by technical ingenuity they put in their cars back in the early days of the brand. You captured it very well

14 hours ago, John Daniels said:

There is rich history of passenger cars made by Tatra since 1897. They produced luxury car, famous streamliners (started in 30s) (T77, T97, T600), also affordable cars (like T11). Actually truck were not the main production for long time.

Despite that I'm not a fan of eastern products, I must admit it is model with great details and look really really good. Speaking of details - did I saw correctly - black rims?

Also agree with the great use of the pneumatic tubing.  I have always thoughts that PTing was underutilized as far a using for decoration.  Also, rigid tubes are great for such uses, although their appearance is more a matte color than clossy sheen seen with pneumatic tubing.  You can actually shape rigid tubing, that way there would be no need of the metal wire in the inside. 

Thank you. :) 

@Didumos69: You have not seen it rolling, so saying it is awesome from technical perspective might not be accurate :D
@I_Igor - yes, you see right. Black paint on LBG rims.
@Nerdsforprez: Using rigid tubes would need additional attachment points, shaping of them then heating or more cutting than using PTs. And because I decided to go in non-destructive way, metal was better option for keeping parts mostly re-useable.

18 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

@Didumos69: You have not seen it rolling, so saying it is awesome from technical perspective might not be accurate :D

Okay, 'awesome' mainly applies to the 'aesthetics', but still, when I look at this, I see a very interesting way to get the shock on top of the wheel hub while preserving a double wishbone setup, even if the caster angle is too much and if this performs poorly

33495855346_139cc909c8_z.jpg.

39 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

@I_Igor - yes, you see right. Black paint on LBG rims.
@Nerdsforprez: Using rigid tubes would need additional attachment points, shaping of them then heating or more cutting than using PTs. And because I decided to go in non-destructive way, metal was better option for keeping parts mostly re-useable.

I see. I was hoping that LEGO made something that I've missed. Anyway nice and detailed model (my car models will need more years to come to find time for them...) :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Okay, 'awesome' mainly applies to the 'aesthetics', but still, when I look at this, I see a very interesting way to get the shock on top of the wheel hub while preserving a double wishbone setup, even if the caster angle is too much and if this performs poorly

The front axle goes smoothly (until til the first inclination of steering wheel), main problems are in the rear, where the wheels hit the fenders. :|