LEGO Train 12 Volts

Union Pacific 125 - EMD GP7

UNION PACIFIC 125 - EMD GP7

The EMD GP7 is a four-axle diesel switcher built by General Motors (Electro Motive Division).

up125-005.jpg

This was the first model in EMD's GP (General Purpose) series of locomotives. Concurrently, EMD offered a six-axle switcher called SD (Special Duty).

For this model I was inspired by SWOOFTY (that seems to have an infinite collection of diesel locomotives) and by JAYMZ_HD a brilliant Italian guy that build trains!

up125-001.jpg

This is my third locomotive with the Union Pacific livery. It couldn't miss in my collection; I'’ve chosen this model for its powerful shape.

85-up.jpg

up1250-008.jpg

I really like the detail of the dynamic brakes and the cab integrated into the main body of the locomotive.

My model as usual has lights, but this time I’ve used the drill on many, many pieces (amen! :tongue:)

up125-009.jpg

up125-008.jpg

up125-024.jpg

up125-025.jpg

up125-026.jpg

up125-027.jpg

Enjoy the show... :classic:

up125-002.jpg

up125-004.jpg

up125-006.jpg

up125-007.jpg

up125-010.jpg

up125-011.jpg

up125-012.jpg

up125-013.jpg

up125-014.jpg

up125-015.jpg

up125-016.jpg

up125-017.jpg

up125-018.jpg

up125-019.jpg

up125-020.jpg

up125-021.jpg

up125-022.jpg

up125-023.jpg

up125-003.jpg

We'll see with my new creation from Switzerland …don’t forget the appointment! :wink:

Nice late model GP 7. They are classic second generation diesel locomotives and you did a good job modeling it. Innovative use of cones for the radiator bulge.

Absolutely gorgeous, both of them. Just wow. Question about the 6900, whats the grey piece on the windshield between the yellow tile and yellow plate? Hyper realistic and fantastic trains you build, amazing work. 

5 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Nice late model GP 7. They are classic second generation diesel locomotives and you did a good job modeling it. Innovative use of cones for the radiator bulge.

37 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Absolutely gorgeous, both of them. Just wow. Question about the 6900, whats the grey piece on the windshield between the yellow tile and yellow plate? Hyper realistic and fantastic trains you build, amazing work. 

Thanks for the positive feedback! :classic:

The piece is a Light Bluish Gray Slope 18 2 x 1 x 2/3 with 4 Slots (ref. 61409)

Yet another excellent MOC, both inside and out. Really good job capturing all of the details and an impressive job of wiring it all up.

An excellent MOC, well done. The cones used for the bulge on top are effective, especially with the clean integration. Out of interest, why are there two sets of lights? Couldn't you have put lights in the upper pair too?

22 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Thanks for the positive feedback! :classic:

The piece is a Light Bluish Gray Slope 18 2 x 1 x 2/3 with 4 Slots (ref. 61409)

Thanks, thats a brilliant use of that piece. And again, gorgeous trains. Love the UP livery and your building techniques and attention to detail is beautiful throughout. 

13 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Really good job capturing all of the details and an impressive job of wiring it all up.

Thanks zephyr1934 ...I'll need soon new rods from you! :wink:

8 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Out of interest, why are there two sets of lights? Couldn't you have put lights in the upper pair too?

You're right but mine has been the easiest solution :sweet:

4 hours ago, baard said:

Nice MOC, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your words! :classic:

3 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Thanks, thats a brilliant use of that piece. And again, gorgeous trains. Love the UP livery and your building techniques and attention to detail is beautiful throughout. 

You're too kind ...thanks again! :blush:

Not exactly what I would call the most handsome prototype, rather an austere beauty… :grin:

But once again a magnificent MOC from your workshop, with lots of amazing details. :wub:
I’m alway getting a bit envious when I see your skillful (Or drillful? Sorry, couldn’t miss that joke… :wink:) wirings for the lights, that’s something I haven’t managed to achieve yet.
Very well done!

Waiting for your Swiss MOC!

On 21/3/2017 at 10:21 PM, Tenderlok said:

I’m alway getting a bit envious when I see your skillful (Or drillful? Sorry, couldn’t miss that joke… :wink:) wirings for the lights, that’s something I haven’t managed to achieve yet.

LOL ...I like the drillful term ...and it would be great see your masterpieces with light ...you can start with the passenger wagons that has more room to arrange internal lights :classic:

On 22/3/2017 at 7:53 PM, Man with a hat said:

Amazing how well you captured those curved top ventilation? grills. Very clever and it looks really good!

Thanks Man with a hat ...you're always kind! :blush:

A wonderful locomotive. However, how many excellent diesel locomotives you can learn about thanks to such good works and models from the Italian author. The windows on the front of the locomotive could not be realized? Using translucent small bevels? The front of the trolley cars with steps and a magnet is perfectly made.

On 31/3/2017 at 5:13 AM, Asper said:

Great MOCs - as always!

On 1/4/2017 at 6:22 PM, Nemo57 said:

thanks to such good works and models from the Italian author.

Thank you guys ...compliments are always appreciated! :blush:

Your locomotives are awesome! Pretty nice detailed and well finished. 

Side elements are quite realistics :)

What a wonderfully accurate representation of a long hood diesel!!! How were you able to hide the battery box in the 4w section? Also how did you attach the cones to the dynamic brake assembly? I'm relatively new to AFOL MOC  and am working on a GP9

I used 6 ministilo batteries in one row to occupy only two studs ...the sides are panels 1 x 2 x 2 to have more room inside the main body

Every cones is attached to a brick 1 x 1 with one stud on one side

I hope to see your GP9 soon... :wink: