On a peaceful dock beside Pontelli...

While he was still awaiting the arrival of his first mate with the new ETWC ship, the Fog-Breaker from Terreli, Captain Whiffo had heard that a certain ex-pirate ship was likely to go cheap - and that it had true rat-lines.  To tell the truth, that was really what interested him.

At any rate, after seeing to the new ETWC oat plantation, he headed off to meet with Guy Wyndzon's used ship dealer on his favorite section of the docks besides Pontelli.  It was peaceful spot situated right next to the as yet untamed jungle of the island, and was a perfect place for running a good deal, the Captain thought.  But then, anywhere is a good place for that to an Eslandolan...

32667868604_b087cbd98d_z.jpg

"Good day, sir," exclaimed the agent as Captain Whiffo strolled up the wooden boardwalk, "I hear you're interested in our ship, the previous White Skull."

"Precisely, sir," replied Captain Whiffo,"I have quite the feeling to go off on a privateering mission against those villainous Mardierians at the moment, you see."

"Ah!" replied the dealer, though in truth the only thing he saw were money signs.  "Well sir, I've been told that the minimum price is 100 Doubloons."

"Humph," resumed the Captain pensively, "I'll offer 101, then."

33385992001_dd5cd7a402_z.jpg

The agent grinned.  "I'm sorry to tell you, but somebody has already offered 105 DBs."

"Oh, well then, say 110."

"Somebody else has already bid 115, I'm afraid," the dealer commented cheerily.

"Ho-hum," retorted Captain Whiffo making accounts for the next likely bid, "make it 126, then."

The agent grin only widened.  "Begging your pardon, somebody else's bid that too, sir."

"Ba!" exclaimed Captain Whiffo, turning away and flipping his sword in the air, "150 is about my last offer then, you rascal!"

"160?" asked the dealer, opening his book and looking thoughtful.  .

33470168546_42203a59d0_z.jpg

Captain Whiffo tapped his foot and raised an eyebrow, and fiddled with the large blue gem he had pulled out.  "Beautiful bird over there, don't you think, sir?  Well, good day to-"

"Ratlines?" interrupted the dealer.  "Mardierians?  Adventure?  Profit?"

"You rapscallion!" exclaimed the Captain.  "155."

"Deal!"

33354797362_afef814f03_z.jpg

And of course he had it, for the fact was, Captain Whiffo had come with 175 Doubloons to spend in the first place anyhow...

33127716850_c05418c752_z.jpg

And oh, but on the other side, after a few more such deals...

33127688220_75e58e9bd3_z.jpg

Yo-ho-ho, a pirate's Eslandolan's life for me!

Ahem, yes, sorry, I really couldn't resist! :grin:

Built just to move on my story here a little and to explain the purchase of the (now unfortunately no longer extant) White Skull.  Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome!

Yo ho ho, that's a fun addition to Captain Whiffo's ongoing story-line :laugh:

Lovely water depictions - especially in the dock build :wub: And hey, you built yourself a little boat :laugh: :thumbup:

Tiny nitpick - or rather just personal preference - the palm trees... they look a bit too 'flat', like plates on sticks. But a more severe issue: No monkey?? Captain Braunsfeld is not going to be amused... And the Captain spending all the company's money... I'm sensing trouble brewing in the ETWC leadership/memberbase :tongue: :grin:

:pir-laugh:  Great build Garmadon, the blue water looks really good and so does that boat! :thumbup:  Humorous story also!

That much only about a trade? How profoundly Eslandian! ;) Nice water, pretty little pier, and good work on the green stuff too. The palmtops do appear a bit too much like a flat disc, but I do not presume to have a better solution myself. :P

Always nice with a story build. Keep it up!

On 3/18/2017 at 8:24 PM, Kolonialbeamter said:

Yo ho ho, that's a fun addition to Captain Whiffo's ongoing story-line :laugh:

Lovely water depictions - especially in the dock build :wub: And hey, you built yourself a little boat :laugh: :thumbup:

Tiny nitpick - or rather just personal preference - the palm trees... they look a bit too 'flat', like plates on sticks. But a more severe issue: No monkey?? Captain Braunsfeld is not going to be amused... And the Captain spending all the company's money... I'm sensing trouble brewing in the ETWC leadership/memberbase :tongue: :grin:

:laugh: Thanks KB!  I did indeed!  Glad you like the water as well, I really liked how it turned out in the pics!  Oddly though, I agree that the palm trees look a bit too flat here, but in person it wasn't really noticeable at all - at least not to me! :grin:  Hmm, yes, I thought about including a monkey, but couldn't really find a good place... :pir-grin:

But no, the Captain's just spending his own money (a good thing, since my poor little 2A didn't last very long... :cry_sad: :grin:)

On 3/18/2017 at 9:43 PM, Kai NRG said:

:pir-laugh:  Great build Garmadon, the blue water looks really good and so does that boat! :thumbup:  Humorous story also!

Thanks Kai, glad you like it! :grin:  I hope I can get the time to keep up with the stories!

On 3/20/2017 at 11:34 AM, Bregir said:

That much only about a trade? How profoundly Eslandian! ;) Nice water, pretty little pier, and good work on the green stuff too. The palmtops do appear a bit too much like a flat disc, but I do not presume to have a better solution myself. :P

Always nice with a story build. Keep it up!

:laugh: :roflmao: Very!  Ha, ha, thanks Bregir!  Credit to Kai (here) for some inspiration with the pier and green stuff, though! :pir-wink:

On 3/20/2017 at 1:09 PM, Faladrin said:

Great and funny story ! A Really good way of life this pirate Eslandolan life ! :iamded_lol:

:pir-laugh: Exactly!  Thanks Faladrin! :pir-sweet:

I really like the use of headlight bricks for the dock. :pir-wub: 

Nice work Garm. :thumbup: 

On 3/23/2017 at 2:45 PM, Phred said:

I really like the use of headlight bricks for the dock. :pir-wub: 

Nice work Garm. :thumbup: 

Thanks Phred!  Who doesn't love headlight bricks and half-plate offsets? :excited:  Credit goes to Mike S for the boardwalk though , I think that's where I saw this technique first!

And thanks again for the title! :grin:

I like this built in a hidden remote area... the perfect place for a piracy commercial deal...

The motto of Eslandola must be not far from " Honor and integrity"