Bodi

Privateer/pirate ship

Hello dear membres of Eurobricks, this is the first time I post here, if there is any contents in contradiction with the site guideline, tell me and i will mend it.

Back to the ship now, when I began to build it, my intention was to make a flute, or fluyt. But it draw my son's attention while the build is progressing and he asked "Dad, can you offer me this ship, and build it as a pirate ship, because my piggy pirate ship is too small." Well, you wish is my order, pirate ship then. 

So here's the result, a flute thingy pirate ship flying the colour of Piggy pirate from Angry Birds.

1486031089m_DISPLAY.jpg

Sorry for the bad qualities of the picture, my photos are always that messy, I don't know why:grin:

14864550238_DISPLAY.jpg

CGH style tumblehome

14860310901_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by Bodi
Adding pictures

A really beautiful ship! I like the sloped sides. They give it, together with sails and supersturcuture a proper, authentic look. Very well done and a great way of landing your first post here. At this occasion: welcome! :classic: :thumbup:

About the pictures: yes, they are a bit blurry and have artifacts. What equipment are you using? You can already get very decent quality pictures by using a tripod and long exposure times with relatively low ISO setting. The camera doesn't has to be expensive btw. Standards today are pretty high. Ideal would be also a light tent (at least for smaller builds) and some spotlights for a neutral background and proper illumination. :classic:

Awesome design! Especially love how you did the back! Any interior?

I love the hull decor that you've added, it gives a very distinct late 16th/early 17th century feel to the ship!  We don't usually get a whole lot from that period on here.

3 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

A really beautiful ship! I like the sloped sides. They give it, together with sails and supersturcuture a proper, authentic look. Very well done and a great way of landing your first post here. At this occasion: welcome! :classic: :thumbup:

About the pictures: yes, they are a bit blurry and have artifacts. What equipment are you using? You can already get very decent quality pictures by using a tripod and long exposure times with relatively low ISO setting. The camera doesn't has to be expensive btw. Standards today are pretty high. Ideal would be also a light tent (at least for smaller builds) and some spotlights for a neutral background and proper illumination. :classic:

Thank you for your comment and detailed technical advice. From what I've read, I understand I should solve the problems of illumination and background.

As I've stated in the main post, my first thought was to build a flute, thus CGH's technique seems the most adapted. It is also how I built the hull, I stacked up all the way to the stern, the poop is only 6-stud wide. 

3 hours ago, azog said:

Awesome design! Especially love how you did the back! Any interior?

Glad you like it. No interior though, the hull is cramped with 12 guns and the stern is too narrow to fit a proper interior, so I gave up.

9 minutes ago, Cousarmy0001 said:

I love the hull decor that you've added, it gives a very distinct late 16th/early 17th century feel to the ship!  We don't usually get a whole lot from that period on here.

Chapeau bas, a 17th century ship is just what I wanted to recreate. 

Ah yes, a fine 17th century ship! Just hoist the Dutch colors and attack the English, I say.

I really like how you rounded off the stern, and didn't use the big basic parts people commonly use. Looks great!