Hi all!

As a fun of StarCraft 2, i am really like to work on the Siege Tank mock from lego.

It's still in progress and I want to share some videos with you:

I will update this topic during assembling progress.

If you want to see more photos you can visit Instagram page

That tank looks really promising, it seems to work pretty well, thanks for sharing this cool model and welcome to Eurobricks.

Great introduction, welcome to Eurobricks! That is one impressive machine so far. I can't believe it only uses one motor... *huh* Will be watching your progress with great interest.

Tank you, guys for hot welcome :)

Yes, the tank's base powered by one motor. It uses 3 mechanical chains and motor switches to each of them during motions.

And one more video with tank's cannon:

It still WIP. Probably I will change it's design a little.

Wow, I absolutely love your mechanisms.  This could all be done with multiple motors, switches, and sequencing but you have done it all mechanically.  I'm interested to see the guts of it and the final version.

This is looking promising, I love the focus on mechanical solutions and subsequent minimal use of power functions. This should make it easier to hide the wires, as there are less of them! :tongue:This is quite an entry, well done!

Wow. That's incredibly well done. I watched the first video several times and it just blows my mind..... One motor?...  Really? *huh*

Like others, I'd love to see the internals. I'll follow this WIP with interest. 

This is crazy, what you've come up with is brilliant. I can't wait to see the finished product! 

That's some amazing mechanical sequencing!  (Not to mention very clean and compact structure).   Please do share some pictures and video of the internal mechanisms... I think we are all wondering how it is done!

That's amazing on it's own, and the fact that it only uses one motor is even more astonishing!*oh2* Great model, and I can't wait to see the complete tank and how it all works.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

it is mind-blowing how smooth is the whole system,  especially with just one motor. Definitely following this. Also looking how you have got the Siege Tank mechanisms,  wondering if you have in mind building a Thor in the future :wink:

This is really great. Well made and looks authentic so far. I always loved that siege tank animation and you've captured it wonderfully.

The legged tank from the game was also great but that would be next to impossible to implement in LEGO...

Thank you all for so hot welcome!

Yeah, it was more then twenty interactions before I reached final mechanical structure. I realised to late that I picked wrong scale for the tank because other mocks are in 1.5 time bigger. Of course my goal is to make it as much closer to original tank as it can be.

I can sure you all, it is really one motor used to animate body, and one more for gun. As well it will be 3 more motors: 2 of them will be used to rotate wheals, and the rest to rotate gun.

And of course, I will definitely share photos and explanation of all mechanical parts when it will be established.

Edited by SOL

Holy crap. Agreed with everyone else on your first post,  didn't say anything because didn't think I had much to add.  But have to now.   This gun is fantastic.  Really looking forward to the end result here......

Great work!  I have probably spent *weeks* of my life playing this game, a decade or so ago... 

Can't wait to see the finished thing!

Since no one has linked the other siege tanks that people have made, just wondering if you've seen them?

This one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lTd5LpB6Ao

and this amazing one, with frustrating little video footage!

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/56444-moc-starcraft-2-technic-siege-tank/

super-jaschka i suppose it will be 5 motors:
2 of the to move tank, 2 to make siege animation for body and gun, and 1 for gun's rotation

RohanBeckett thank you for links! Second one is really amazing! I saw almost all it's references before I started work with mine. 

Edited by SOL

Quick update: Gravity problems and hotfix of course using rubbers :)

tumblr_on6t2qIEZq1w1suu0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_on6t2qIEZq1w1suu0o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_on6t2qIEZq1w1suu0o3_1280.jpg