Built as a commissioned work for an Irish travel agency promoting the Camino di Santiago, this model of the famous Santiago de Compostela cathedral was created on a tight budget and an even tighter timeframe of only eight days! Since there was no time to order any parts, I could only use parts that were already in my collection.

The biggest challenge, however, was to incorporate as much detail as possible in order to make the model instantly recognisable and yet keep it to the required scale for ease of transportation, display, etc.

Completed in January 2017, the model consists of 4,548 elements.

santiago_de_compostela_cathedral___front

For a clearer, more detailed view, (or to see some of my other work) please visit  http://janetvand.deviantart.com/gallery/

and click on a folder option from the left-hand side. Thanks!

This is brilliant, Jessica! Is this going with you anywhere so it'll be possible to actually see it, or have you already delivered it to the travel agency?

You make amazing things, and this is no exception

- Love it!!!

Great Great Work!!!

Greetings

It is absolutely stunning what you got together in so short time. I wouldn't have guessed that by seeing the picture alone. Amazing work! :classic:

You know you have too much LEGO when you can build this from your collection in a manner of days.

Good work!

18 hours ago, L@go said:

This is brilliant, Jessica! Is this going with you anywhere so it'll be possible to actually see it, or have you already delivered it to the travel agency?

Thanks, Are! Actually, I had to build two of them since I needed a prototype (the travel agency wanted the model glued and I was afraid to glue whilst building unless I was sure of what I was doing!) So, my "copy" is going to the Paredes de Coura fan weekend.... it seemed a fitting location since the real cathedral is so close by.

And yes, having to build two meant I had to have double of everything in stock!

7 hours ago, JanetVanD said:

So, my "copy" is going to the Paredes de Coura fan weekend.... it seemed a fitting location since the real cathedral is so close by.

That is pretty much exactly what I hoped you would say :) looking forward to seeing it there!

8 days work!! That's incredible and it looks stunning - I love all the architectural details and the cool parts usage (especially the handcuffs!!)

Excellent work!!

Looks amazing!  Even more amazing that this was built in eight days!! Did you get any sleep at all?

Thanks, everyone for all the positive feedback!  :classic:  (And no, I didn't get much sleep during those eight days... they passed in a bit of a blur, actually!)

Im from santiago de compostela :). and that is awesome, the only thing i dont like are the colours, only in  sand (or some dark sand no clego color) wolud be perfect,  but  perfect recreation! congratulations

8 days?! That's truly remarkable. Impressive build for such 'limited budget' project. 

EIGHT DAYS???? That takes my breath away! It would take a miracle to build this EIGHT DAYS!

It is suitable for this cathedral. And reminds me of "The Way," the Martin Sheen film about the long hike to the cathedral. 

I can't imagine what your brick rooms look like. Do you have a warehouse with a working forklift to access your bricks? That is a ton of bricks. How many elves work 24/7 sorting so you can find that little tiny thingy you need to complete something like this? 

What a lovely design. I bet it killed you to glue it; glad you built a second one. OMG!

I think that we can say that you have effectively won the world championship for LEGO speed building. Here's to the Champ!