LegoRacer1

[SoNE Ep. XIV]Scarif-Heading Home

33463357225_26681de364_z.jpg

33042189040_18330a8dd5_m.jpg -Hey what's up DH-4875.

33296772801_c7f369ae49_m.jpg-Well we got new orders were shipping out soon, mission briefing in five. Hey also isn't this you're last mission before you head home for you're leave?

33042189040_18330a8dd5_m.jpg -Yes, I'll get to go to my home on Scarif.

(Flash back starts)

33422902926_1f41649825_z.jpg

33307513992_f3fafd9e79_z.jpg

33042189040_18330a8dd5_m.jpg -Yes, soon I'll be home felling the tropical breeze.

(Flash back ends)

33296772801_c7f369ae49_m.jpg - Yeah that's if you survive this mission. Now come on suit up were going to be late for briefing.

33042189040_18330a8dd5_m.jpg - Alright I'm going.

Edited by LEGORACER1

Good thing ole Tarkin ain't around to mess up your home :tongue: Cool build! I would only say the bunker seems a little square.

Edited by Forresto

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

Good thing ole Tarkin ain't around to mess up your home :tongue: Cool build! I would only say the bunker seems a little square.

Thanks Forresto maybe someday when I'm better at building I'll fix it.

I think one thing to consider when you're working with a somewhat plain structure is what techniques can you use to break up the monotony. For making a sloped wall, it makes sense to use sloped bricks, but that doesn't give you much room to add occasional greebling, some damage to the wall, or different angled slopes in the wall. If I were tackling a Scarif bunker, I'd probably have a couple of ridges or pillars with sloped bricks, but the majority of it would be some kind of SNOT technique with dbg or lbg tiles. 

The doorway looks good. You might consider some kind of pattern or construction with plates instead of bricks to give it an interesting texture or some kind of stripe that would suggest where the door opens.

The beach has a nice natural curve to it, but could probably use a second layer of plates to give the bunker more elevation. I know parts get used up really quickly doing that kind of technique, but try to consider what tan plates will not be shown and use an alternate color for the underlying plates.

The grass also looks naturally bunched. As you get more vegetation, that technique will have a big impact. The tree could use a little bit of a bend to look more natural, which you can do if you don't run a bar down the middle of the rounds (or if you use flex tubing).

Finally, and I hope I haven't been overly critical or too wordy, get some poster board and prop it against the wall. You can set your MOCs on the paper to hold it in place and get a nice curve along the back side. A light box is also a good investment ($20 on Amazon) and some directional lamps. Then some quick cropping and color correction in GIMP, and you've got some professional looking shots.

I hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions. Great job. Welcome to SoNE