Sign in to follow this  
terryfay1983

Wedding Favours

Hey Guys,

With Everything that goes into the planning of a wedding ive been given the duty of coming up with ideas for Wedding Favours.. I want to have it lego themed as everyone coming knows how into lego i am.

We've seen 6 x 2 brick keyrings with printing on, which i kinda like.

the missus said bride and groom minifigs for everyone...i shut that one down on the spot (she must think we are made of money) as we have 100 day guests!

So has anyone of my fellow lego fanatics got any cool ideas?

ta in advance

I've done minibuilds for my sons' birthday parties (Anger, Batrazor, Mini X-wing, and Tauntaun on rebrickable). However, I don't think that would be low enough price for you. I used bricklink. Maybe if you could get all the pieces from pick-a-brick at a Lego store, it might be cheaper, but it limits your design. For my wedding, we didn't do anything Lego related.

You could give everyone rings, since its a wedding, Maybe give people 2 https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=11833#T=S&C=110&O={"color":110,"minqty":"100"}

A clip, and a jewl. They would get a little lego wedding ring, and it probably wouldn't cost over $20 US.

Additionally, you could just give everyone a https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=110116#T=S&O={"minqty":"100"} That would be cheap as well, and also is ring themed.

Congratulations by the way.

Edited by Mesabi

15 hours ago, dulsi said:

I've done minibuilds for my sons' birthday parties (Anger, Batrazor, Mini X-wing, and Tauntaun on rebrickable). However, I don't think that would be low enough price for you. I used bricklink. Maybe if you could get all the pieces from pick-a-brick at a Lego store, it might be cheaper, but it limits your design. For my wedding, we didn't do anything Lego related.

minibuilds would prob cost too much to be fair. thinking of a design that i could give to everyone ...hmm

14 hours ago, Mesabi said:

You could give everyone rings, since its a wedding, Maybe give people 2 https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=11833#T=S&C=110&O={"color":110,"minqty":"100"}

A clip, and a jewl. They would get a little lego wedding ring, and it probably wouldn't cost over $20 US.

Additionally, you could just give everyone a https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=110116#T=S&O={"minqty":"100"} That would be cheap as well, and also is ring themed.

Congratulations by the way.

Thank you.

rings quite a good idea. ill pass it on to the boss she what she thinks

We used 1x6 bricks with people's names printed on, which also served as indicators of where they should sit.

Got them printed through minifigforlife.com though I imagine a ton of places would do them - worked out to be about £1 each.

On 24/03/2017 at 9:54 AM, cake in milk said:

We used 1x6 bricks with people's names printed on, which also served as indicators of where they should sit.

Got them printed through minifigforlife.com though I imagine a ton of places would do them - worked out to be about £1 each.

yeah we spoke about doing this and having the date on the other side possibly

I don't know if these candies are available in your area, but we found some sweet-tart like candies that were brick shaped and buildable. everyone got a sizable amount in a custom box (cardboard).

another thing we did for ours was "build your own center piece" we provided around 120-130, 2x4 bricks per table and let the guests build what ever they wanted. from all accounts this was a great idea. although mildly expensive (think it was around 500 USD, for the 2x4 bricks, back when you could buy a box direct from a Lego Store)

On 29/03/2017 at 6:17 PM, GallardoLU said:

I don't know if these candies are available in your area, but we found some sweet-tart like candies that were brick shaped and buildable. everyone got a sizable amount in a custom box (cardboard).

another thing we did for ours was "build your own center piece" we provided around 120-130, 2x4 bricks per table and let the guests build what ever they wanted. from all accounts this was a great idea. although mildly expensive (think it was around 500 USD, for the 2x4 bricks, back when you could buy a box direct from a Lego Store)

not sure if the sweets are, will look into that. cheers

as for centre pieces, i did mention that as an idea and got told no lol. she wants flowers so not alot i can do there.