Sign in to follow this  
Muakhah

Adobe Makers of Khadira

Adobe is a very cheap but effective construction material. Clay, mixed with straw and other materials and left to dry in the sun create basic bricks which can be used as is or fired in a kiln for harder bricks. Either way they are used for the basic construction of many buildings and then faced with plaster. They can be created anywhere the raw materials are found and so are often made on site. They help to fuel the construction boom in Khadira as the Town expands.

Adobe MakerOverviewThe pitBricks Drying

Dozens of new bricks dry in the sun while another is in the mold. The wall in the background is in need of re-plastering and the old bricks are showing through.

Another small scene from Khadira. Hopefully it is beginning to build up an image of a busy and growing town. This one I hope represents basic construction going on to meet the needs of the people.

Now for a little break from Khadira to finish up the siege engine for the alliance.

Great little vig, especially the hole in the sand! :thumbup:  I'm confused by the apparently different shades on those bricks in the wall though... what colors are those?
Like Henjin said, the slope/arch combination around the window looks really good!

Really neat little build, the hole is excellent, as is the little awning and the fellow supervising up there! :grin:  Looking forward to seeing more of Khadira! :classic:

Good to start seeing a bit more of Khadira! :thumbup: The SNOT ground is very effective here, and makes for a superbly shaped hole.
Excellent combination of arches and slopes for the window, it really gives a middle eastern vibe, and as Garmadon mentioned, I love the supervisor sitting under the nice shade of the awning :laugh:

What a neat idea!  I like the scene of a person getting building materials for a structure.  So many times the finished product is focused on and the journey there is lost.  I really like the hole and the bricks drying in the sun of darker (presumably due to higher moisture content) color.  Very nice!