Hi! 

This is exactly what the title says, a topic about purist Star Wars custom minifigs.
I know there was a topic like this before, but it hasn't been replied to for a while and I'm not sure if I would be allowed to bump it.
This is not restricted to just minifigures, so custom droids etc, can be posted here.

Edited by Ebkas

This seems pretty familiar with the topic 'Updatig your Star Wars minifigs'. I'd check that out if I were you

17 minutes ago, jamiejme said:

This seems pretty familiar with the topic 'Updatig your Star Wars minifigs'. I'd check that out if I were you

I am a regular poster on that topic and it's not the same as what I mean. On there, one would post updates to a figure previously released by Lego, whereas on here, one would post purist customs of a figure which has not previously been released by Lego. 

You can check out the original topic here.

I hope that I cleared some confusion!

I'm assuming it's a custom minifigure made using only official Lego parts and prints.

1 hour ago, Flandy said:

What is a "purist" custom minifigure?

As Moppo said, it's a custom Minifigure made using only official Lego parts. There may be illegal connections, but there can't be any altered or custom parts.

Hope that made sense!

Edited by Ebkas

Phew... Idk about these topics. It is good to conceive some inspirational ideas but this? If you at least had some of your own minifigs to share and invited others based on that. Without it this I feel this is just unfounded attempt to moderate the activity on the forum :/

20 minutes ago, krisandkris12 said:

Phew... Idk about these topics. It is good to conceive some inspirational ideas but this? If you at least had some of your own minifigs to share and invited others based on that. Without it this I feel this is just unfounded attempt to moderate the activity on the forum :/

I have some, I just need to take some good photos.

^ Well then starting the topic after you have the photos ready seems like far better practice.

This kind of topic is better suited for the Minifig Customisation Workshop, where similar purist and non-purist threads already exist for other themes.

Moving now.

On 11/03/2017 at 10:01 AM, krisandkris12 said:

^ Well then starting the topic after you have the photos ready seems like far better practice.

I think things through about twice a year. :3

Anyway, here's a Photoshopped Mara Jade.
Lego_Mara_Jade_Purist.jpg
Bad I know, but it gets the point across.

Edited by Ebkas

21 hours ago, Ebkas said:

I think things through about twice a year. :3

Anyway, here's a Photoshopped Mara Jade.
Lego_Mara_Jade_Purist.jpg
Bad I know, but it gets the point across.

I've done a Mara Jade but I used a Dooku torso. This is an older shot but I've updated the legs to Han's TFA legs as you have used on the Photoshop.

Lego Starkiller and Mara Jade

5 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I've done a Mara Jade but I used a Dooku torso. This is an older shot but I've updated the legs to Han's TFA legs as you have used on the Photoshop.

I've seen these on the Updating Your Minifigs thread, but thanks for sharing them here!

15 minutes ago, Ebkas said:

I've seen these on the Updating Your Minifigs thread, but thanks for sharing them here!

Yeah... I wasn't going to post it here but with seeing the photoshop image you uploaded I just thought I'd drop it in.

With regards to completely new custom figures I think Wuher was easy to do, obviously there are various rebel pilots and imperial officers that can be created but I wouldn't really count those as they're just variations of a figure. I did create a legacy Jedi from one of the games once using grey pony tail hair and Boussh torso which worked pretty well. I can't seem to remember the name of the Jedi at the moment though. Just remembered... it was Rahm Kota. 

Boushh torso, Jedi printed robe legs, grey pony tail hair from POTC with (probably) a Ben Kenobi grey bearded face.

Edited by Robianco

4 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Yeah... I wasn't going to post it here but with seeing the photoshop image you uploaded I just thought I'd drop it in.

With regards to completely new custom figures I think Wuher was easy to do, obviously there are various rebel pilots and imperial officers that can be created but I wouldn't really count those as they're just variations of a figure. I did create a legacy Jedi from one of the games once using grey pony tail hair and Boussh torso which worked pretty well. I can't seem to remember the name of the Jedi at the moment though.

I made a Wuher, but since most purist customs of him are pretty much the same, I decided not to post it here. That Jedi figure sounds interesting though. If you want to, you should post it here!