AllanSmith

Allan's Speed Champion inspired vehicle and building creations.

Inspired by the Speed Champions cars. Last year I built a car showroom to show them off. Al's Autos is built on 3 large baseplates. On the left baseplate the blue and white sign has doubled sided brick plate writing and rotates on a Technic turntable. The showroom has a roller door entry behind the office on the left. It is fully tiled inside and lit with PF LEDs. On the right baseplate the brown turntable also rotates on a Technic turntable. The footpath is designed to match up to the Modular footpaths.

20160923_194819.jpg

My own creation cars are a Pick Up truck with removable Camper. A Ford GT40 reverse engineered from a LEGO YouTube movie. The black Pontiac is a KITT replica and has a working red LED scanner in the front.

Next was a service centre / workshop for the showroom.The back section is a parts department. On the right are two service bays. The front one has a working Technic pneumatic hoist. Also PF LED lighting. The shipping containers can fit a Speed Champions car or spare parts.

20160923_195734.jpg

To keep the cars clean I next built a car wash. This has a working Technic based linear actuator to move the brushes back and forward over the car.

20160923_200430.jpg

So after a long day. It's off to the Drive In movies. The diner has a projection room, kitchen, counter, seating and toilet.

20160923_201516.jpg

My own creation cars are two NYPD police cars with working light bars. A yellow NY taxi. The two Porsche 911's  are modified with brick headlights and door handles. The ambulance has working LED light bars, headlights and taillights

One day I will get around to doing close up and interior photos.

Edited by AllanSmith
Changed title

These look pretty great! Say, what's that yellow car in the car wash? Looks like the new Ford GT from the back but the front looks different.

What great builds, especially the service center and the bike shop. The diner would also look great in a town setup. I would like to see the custom built cars close up. Can you make a video or something?

20 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

These look pretty great! Say, what's that yellow car in the car wash? Looks like the new Ford GT from the back but the front looks different.

Hi, Yellow car is a MOC with parts from the McLaren P1 set. I needed a car with a curved top so that the car wash brushes could easily roll over the body from front to rear and back again, powered by a Technic motor.

img_0337a.jpg

img_0338a.jpg

img_0339a.jpg

Edited by AllanSmith

11 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Could we get some closer pictures of the Porsche 911's please?

These are road versions of the Porche 911 GT Finish Line set. I changed the lights as I did not like the original front lights as they were too vertical. Also added door handles made from minifig skates.

img_0331a.jpg

img_0332a.jpg

img_0333a.jpg

img_0334a.jpg

img_0335a.jpg

img_0336a.jpg

1 hour ago, AllanSmith said:

These are road versions of the Porche 911 GT Finish Line set. I changed the lights as I did not like the original front lights as they were too vertical. Also added door handles made from minifig skates.

Cool! Thanks!

6 hours ago, Only Sinner said:

What great builds, especially the service center and the bike shop. The diner would also look great in a town setup. I would like to see the custom built cars close up. Can you make a video or something?

Photos below of MOC cars using Speed Champion mudguards (fenders) and wheels.

New York Police car based on a 1977-78 Dodge Monaco. With working LED  light bar.

img_0305a.jpg

img_0306a.jpg

img_0307a.jpg

New York Taxi based on a 1977-78 Dodge Monaco.

img_0308a.jpg

img_0309a.jpg

img_0310a.jpg

1982 Pontiac Trans Am KITT replica

img_0311a.jpg

img_0312a.jpg

img_0313a.jpg

With working LED front scanner

img_0328a.jpg

img_0330a.jpg

An AC Cobra

img_0314a.jpg

img_0315a.jpg

img_0316a.jpg

1966 Fort GT40 built last year. Based on LEGO.com Youtube video. Now official set is here will remove number and turn it into a road version.

img_0317a.jpg

img_0318a.jpg

img_0319a.jpg

Pick Up truck with removable camper.

img_0320a.jpg

img_0321a.jpg

img_0322a.jpg

Fully detailed interior. Sink, cooker, drop down table, drop down TV, 2 cupboards and an overhead bed.

img_0326a.jpg

img_0327a.jpg

Pick Up truck without Camper

img_0323a.jpg

img_0324a.jpg

With tailgate down.

img_0325a.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed these builds as much as I did when making them.

4 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

Also added door handles made from minifig skates.

That's a great idea. 

Nice work. These are some really good looking cars.

I'm not much of a car builder, so I'm always impressed. But these are especially impressive.

The buildings also work really well for a layout.

I really like the AC Cobra. I'd love to build my own minifig scale-ish one sometime. I also really like the police cars. They definitely look retro enough.

What did you use to light up the police cars? That sounds like fun for a MOC at a LEGO show sometime, so I will want to look into that.

Thanks for sharing!

47 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

What did you use to light up the police cars? That sounds like fun for a MOC at a LEGO show sometime, so I will want to look into that.

Hi, thanks for the great comments. The LED lights on my vehicles are from LifeLites in the USA.

I have just uploaded a Youtube video of our July 2016 display at the Taupo Hobby Expo in New Zealand. You can see police cars and KITT replica, lights going.

This year in July my car showroom, service centre, car wash, drive in and motorbike shop will replace the amusement rides.

On 19/03/2017 at 10:15 PM, nickbrick said:

Great work, I love all the builds but especially KITT.

Thanks, here is a link to the LEGO Digital Designer 4.3 extended mode .lxf file for KITT. KITT Replica

9 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

I really like the AC Cobra. I'd love to build my own minifig scale-ish one sometime. I also really like the police cars. They definitely look retro enough.

Thanks, here is a link to the LEGO Digital Designer 4.3 extended mode .lxf file for the AC Cobra. AC Cobra

Also links to my NY Police CarNY Yellow TaxiFord GT40 LDD Extended mode .lxf files.

Edited by AllanSmith

12 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

Thanks, here is a link to the LEGO Digital Designer 4.3 extended mode .lxf file for KITT. KITT Replica

Awesome, cheers! I'll have a go at building it - might need to bricklink a couple of parts though. :)

My next creation using Speed Champions wheels and mudguards (fenders) is:

school_bus_ver_3a.jpg

school_bus_ver_3b.jpg

Designed over the last few days, just have to BrickLink parts needed.

Will install red flashing LED lights in the top corners.

Now I will have a reason for all those stopped vehicles on my road :)

Edited by AllanSmith

School bus is 99% finished. Just waiting on some grooved bricks and round tiles for tail lights. Also need to put in an order for printed bricks.

school_bus_ver_4c.jpg

school_bus_ver_4.jpg

school_bus_ver_4a.jpg

school_bus_ver_4b.jpg

school_bus_ver_4d.jpg

Edited by AllanSmith
Added picture of rear of bus

School bus is all but finished. Just waiting on printed tiles and bricks. So I have started on my next project using Speed Champions wheels and mudguards (fenders).

An 8 wide Tour Coach. It could take a bit longer to build as some parts are harder to get. Anyway enjoy the LDD pictures.

tourbusc.jpg

tourbusd.jpg

tourbusdoorsver3.jpg

Edited by AllanSmith
added image with door and lockers open.

I decided that my service center needed a heavy tow truck so came up with this 8 wide design. It will probably be built in a different color depending on part availability.

redtowtruckv1.jpg

redtowtruckv2.jpg

Edited by AllanSmith
Added sleeper cab option

That truck looks really cool! I think it is a neat feature to have it modular. :sweet:

Cheers,

Daan