TheBeeze

Great Brick War General Discussion Thread

So you've read through the vast amount of information here. Now what?

This topic is for all general discussion, questions, and inquiries about the Great Brick War. 

We welcome all members to engage in a thoughtful and productive discussion. Please be kind and courteous!

Edited by Thebeeze111

Several of you have PMd me about the issue below, we are adding this in to the general rules. If you have further inquiries, please post them here so we can discuss them and also so others can see that the questions have already been asked. 

On LDD builds: players are allowed to use LDD for their MOCs. However, LDD builds will be held to a substantially higher standard. With an unlimited supply of bricks and faux color palette, you should be able to build the most detailed build of all time. That said, you will have to work very hard with LDD to achieve a high point score.

Another topic people have been asking me about is when the first campaign will be. 

We will be rolling out the first campaign in due time. We'd like to give everyone time to get accustomed to the rules and details before rushing into that. Players are welcome to complete side builds that they are currently eligible to do so they can get involved before the first campaign. Side build count will be reset when the first campaign rolls out.

And again, please feel free to ask those questions here. 

Hi there, 

I'm really interested in joining this RPG but I have a question; are we allowed to include non-Lego items? If so, to what extent? I have a few non-Lego weapons, bodies and objects I'm hoping to use but I just want to be sure I'm not breaking any rules :classic:.

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Spud The Viking said:

Hi there, 

I'm really interested in joining this RPG but I have a question; are we allowed to include non-Lego items? If so, to what extent? I have a few non-Lego weapons, bodies and objects I'm hoping to use but I just want to be sure I'm not breaking any rules :classic:.

Thanks. 

Players are encouraged to use 3rd party weapons and accessories for their Minifig and vehicles. You can check out the general rules topic for a list of vendors accepted. No megablock or clone brand building parts.

On 12/03/2017 at 3:51 AM, Thebeeze111 said:

Players are encouraged to use 3rd party weapons and accessories for their Minifig and vehicles.

But there are no such stuff in LDD. Will I get scores marked down if my minifig accessories are crappy?

5 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

But there are no such stuff in LDD. Will I get scores marked down if my minifig accessories are crappy?

There are already a nice selection of Lego made weapons (used in SW sets for example) :)

---

Are we allowed to create a flag for our choosen nation?

21 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

I am seconding this. I was surprised to see that there were not flag propositions for any country (Perhaps because of BOBS and GOH old habits... :laugh:)

Are we allowed to develop our nation yet or do we have to wait the PM threads and other players are ready ?

2 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Absolutely. I will add it to the player base along with sig fig pics. If you provide the links.

2 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Are we allowed to develop our nation yet or do we have to wait the PM threads and other players are ready ?

You are allowed to develop your nation. There has already been (1) Side Build, so feel free to do those. We are handling some player issues on the back end before announcing the first campaign. 

3 hours ago, Thebeeze111 said:

Absolutely. I will add it to the player base along with sig fig pics. If you provide the links.

You are allowed to develop your nation. There has already been (1) Side Build, so feel free to do those. We are handling some player issues on the back end before announcing the first campaign. 

Where do I have to post this?

33288346581_cc195cfec0_n.jpg

Swintoc

Edited by Maxim I

Put it in with your introductory post and sigfig picture. 

Edited by Thebeeze111

I wanted to add to what was mentioned above:

Those of you who are starting this game now on the first shot have the opportunity to really shape not only the countries and characters, but the game as well. Our goal in developing this game was to allow players to be as creative as possible. We want you to think outside the box and build things that will challenge others as long as you're within the rules and not breaking the game. 

We've only provided a very broad introductory bio of each country, it is up to you and your imagination to elaborate on it. Whatever you decide to do with your countries, those after you will have to follow. So, it's up to each of you to add color and flavor to your countries that will stick with them as the player base grows..

So are we encouraged to create a topic for the choosen faction (in which we include details like cities, players, builds, actions, stats, updates, ...)?

Players, factions, and builds for countries are listed in the World Map Thread. Those of you who provided SigFig pictures have been added to that thread, the rest of you will be when you provide the pictures.

Having a separate thread for each country would be very cumbersome. Your descriptions and details should be depicted in the context of your builds. The AAR Thread will index all of your builds for people to find them easier. How you lay out your AAR post is up to you. 

Edited by Thebeeze111

Will we get tags for victories that a certain alliance has? Like Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka?

Also, I'm not too familiar with what I'm supposed to build now, but I guess we have to wait till the first campaign starts, am I right?

Tags?  TAGS???  Maybe...only time will tell.

As for what to build...be creative.  Until Campaign 1 begins, you have four free builds you can make.  We want quality as you will be scored on your free builds, but have fun with it.  Think about what the military does when not engaged in combat.  Your guys are all level 0 in rank, so essentially Privates...New recruits who may or may not have completed Boot Camp?  Gettin' any ideas yet?

9 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Think about what the military does when not engaged in combat.  Your guys are all level 0 in rank, so essentially Privates...New recruits who may or may not have completed Boot Camp?  Gettin' any ideas yet?

May I assume we can be inspired from good old war movies...

You're directly encouraging building a Full Metal Jacket scene here...:laugh:

It's screaming a training montage to me....

@Maxim I loving the flag. Must get on photoshop tomorrow.

Edited by Phadeout

Scope out all the different kinds of Side Builds and be creative. Side builds also don't necessarily have to include your character due to the nature of them. 

21 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

May I assume we can be inspired from good old war movies...

You're directly encouraging building a Full Metal Jacket scene here...:laugh:

Ha that'd be funny.

Just like everything else here on EB, your build is only limited by your creativity.  That being said, sex scenes really don't need to be here.

But this is war and war is violent.  There's a way to do it and keep it classy at the same time.  Go for it!

1 hour ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Until Campaign 1 begins, you have four free builds you can make.

So do they have to stick to what the side builds request? Or can we build like, say, my character leaving his house to enrol in the military?

7 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Just like everything else here on EB, your build is only limited by your creativity.  That being said, sex scenes really don't need to be here.

Uh… yes. None of that type of 'creativity' :laugh:

Please see the main rules section for side builds. Currently players are only eligible for: 

In addition to the campaigns, players will have a chance to build alternative projects to earn extra points to enhance their character. All of the Side Missions above are at the player's discretion, these are not required to play the game. It is possible for side missions to influence the big picture of the game somehow.

1. Supporting the war effort- Players can depict scenes from their country where people are doing things to aid the war effort. Everything from military training to factory production of goods is fair game.

2. Sabotage- Players can build scenes showing local resistance sabotaging the war effort of their enemies domestically. This is not a SPECOPS mission so there should be NO High Speed Tier 1 NVG guys running around with tricked out guns and Semtex. These are underground resistance fighters that your country might be arming or supporting.

3. Media- Players can build scenes showing the media covering outside events that are going on to enhance the game.

4. Troop Build Up / Movement- In order to move large concentrations of troops to other regions for the next campaign, players can build scenes showing their forces moving into a new position. (Air or naval travel to a friendly a nation, ground movement along main roadways through allied nations).

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

@Thebeeze111 ohh, so sorry, must have missed that. Thanks for bringing it up

No problem. Just be sure to read EVERYTHING before your next question :wink: