TheBeeze

Great Brick War General Discussion Thread

I'm not 100% sure what you mean here... Take an actual Lego set change the colors and switch some things up? If so, no. The rules say everything must be completely original.

10 minutes ago, Thebeeze111 said:

I'm not 100% sure what you mean here... Take an actual Lego set change the colors and switch some things up? If so, no. The rules say everything must be completely original.

Gotcha. But you can modify 3rd party tanks and stuff..? :wacko:

Use of vehicle kits from companies like Brickmania is allowed, but players must give credit in their post about it. This goes even if you did some mods to it. If you didn't build it from scratch, give credit where it's due. 

Just wondering.

Edited by VaderFan2187
Added quote

Yes. Lego doesn't make military vehicles, third party companies do. Several people have already had builds with 3rd party vehicles credited.

Two Points:

1. I realize there are several side builds out awaiting scores. We will get to them I promise. We rushed to get the campaigns done and have CP3 built. There are some sidebuilds currently awaiting scoring that the builders may want to readdress for various reasons, most importantly, do you have the points to be building that? 

2. A questions was raised in the COAC Chat regarding the upcoming campaign and how sidebuilds should be structured. This is my answer which I feel is benefical to both sides: 

"The campaign build should primarily feature your combat. Side builds can show some shots being fired but the missions have to stick to the guidelines. The primary focus should be the point of the side mission, not combat. Example: You do a recon build. Some where in the mission your recon team runs into a patrol or something. There is a small engagement. 

The point is, you should not be showing huge battles happening in side builds." 

Something else has been brought up:

Regarding the scale and sizing of the map- The staff has not scaled the maps. The reason for this is simple, your focus should be on making a great build not the exact distance to a location. Too many details and definitions can detract from what we are ultimately trying to accomplish here. Be reasonable in your approach to your builds. 

With regard to the realism of certain equipment being used, do your research on a particular item and think about what you believe to be a fair representation of its striking capabilities based on what you've already seen here so far. 

Do different types of builds impact the game or are results strictly the result of scores? For example, if I do a recon build showing my troops scouting ahead, does that provide any advantage or disadvantage compared to a media build that has the same score? 

Advantage to you personally? No.

However, your builds do influence where the game goes. We look at people's builds when creating new content for the game. So the outcome of your Recon mission could in a sense be worked into something later.

So don't think of an outcome of a build as an advantage or disadvantage for you or your team, but it can enhance the overall direction of the game.  

6 hours ago, Thebeeze111 said:

Regarding the scale and sizing of the map- The staff has not scaled the maps. The reason for this is simple, your focus should be on making a great build not the exact distance to a location. Too many details and definitions can detract from what we are ultimately trying to accomplish here. Be reasonable in your approach to your builds. 

With regard to the realism of certain equipment being used, do your research on a particular item and think about what you believe to be a fair representation of its striking capabilities based on what you've already seen here so far. 

I was thinking about it. I believe that if we want to make builds but same time to play the game, we must have more information about such details. Because if there is not any, I can make a build with a fire base in one side of my country and bomb the harbor of my enemy in the other side of the island. This may create misunderstandings. This is the reason we in Plantasea created an detailed map of our country, so to play the game and make nice stories for our builds (I would love to work with any of you who want to make a detailed map of your coutnry :wink:)

After research and comparison with real geographies of countries, I believe that each square must me about 100km (62 miles) - the length of Great Britain, France or Germany. So each Island will be about about. So each isnland will be the simensions of a country from Spain to Germany or France. 

Of course we can choose to take the Australia dimensions, so that will be avout 5 times more (each square will be 5x5 km.

Or somethink between. In any case I believe that we need to have dimensions in our world

The more specific we make the game, the more rules we will need to make in order to govern it. I'd much prefer that we don't have to start calculating artillery ranges and plotting fire missions. 

As I said prior, I would ask that you use good judgement and make the appropriate decision on gauging any sort of distance. Do not exceed what seems reasonable to you. 

3 hours ago, Thebeeze111 said:

As long as its not featured too prominently, I have no issue with it. 

Oh, I was going to show my troops being under attack, partly by an enemy attack helicopter but I guess that's out of the question now?

1 hour ago, LEGORACER1 said:

Are custom stickers allowed?

Custom stickers for...?

Custom stickers for soldiers' torsos?  Custom stickers/decals from Roaglaan or others to simulate a camoflauge pattern?  Try to be a lil more specific here so we can make a sound decision.  Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Custom stickers for...?

Custom stickers for soldiers' torsos?  Custom stickers/decals from Roaglaan or others to simulate a camoflauge pattern?  Try to be a lil more specific here so we can make a sound decision.  Thanks.

I was thinking for GBW country flags.

You may create your own flag for your country.  If you currently have multiple players in your country, please consult them as we will not accept 7 versions of the same country's flag.

17 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Oh, I was going to show my troops being under attack, partly by an enemy attack helicopter but I guess that's out of the question now?

No, not out of the question at all. The focus should be on your troops. 

I have sent a bump reminder to one of the people in charge of that...I'm working on it. Worst case, I'll get you the worst possible tag possible to kill the time.

Just now, Stash2Sixx said:

I have sent a bump reminder to one of the people in charge of that...I'm working on it. Worst case, I'll get you the worst possible tag possible to kill the time.

LOL okay, no worries, just hoping you guys haven't forgotten.

Thanks!

I wanna give you a title, but I don't think it will fly...someone will be offended because it would say turd.

SO CLOSE MAN, SO CLOSE!!!!!!

Just now, Stash2Sixx said:

I wanna give you a title, but I don't think it will fly...someone will be offended because it would say turd.

SO CLOSE MAN, SO CLOSE!!!!!!

What would it be? :wink:

Then again, curiousity killed the cat :yoda:

Congrats to @sigpro on winning the most recent FRAGO Mission. You've been awarded a SpecOPs mission you have available to use until the end of Campaign 4. This does not mean you have that long to build it, you may be assigned a time limit to build it. 

You must contact a staff member (not this account) if and when you would like to be assigned your SPECOPS mission and one will be drawn up specifically for you. 

On a side note, the staff has noticed we've had several members drop out recently for various reasons. We will be working on actively recruiting for both sides in the near future. 

Should you have any concerns, please raise them with your team's staff member.

Happy Hunting All!

Edited by The Great Brick War

It was my pleasure to participate in this FRAGO mission and the cooperation with Jansued was excellent despite being enemies.

I´ll think about something for the SPECOPS mission.

We know some times you can't stand our feedback. Well now is your chance to send some our way. As you know we are always working to make this an enjoyable experience and evaluating new ways of doing things to make it better. We can't do that without your input. We want to open the floor up for your feedback before we bring in new players and introduce some new features.

How are we doing? Are you enjoying the game? Are we annoying you? Is there something you feel you're not getting from the game?

We want to hear it all- Questions, comments, concerns- let it rip. 

Edited by Thebeeze111