TheBeeze

Great Brick War General Discussion Thread

Hello everyone!

Just realised that I was invited by Thebeeze a couple months ago to join you lads, so here I am!

I'll be getting myself into the system soon, but I have a question. In the interests of vehicle design, politics and warfare, can a defence company be introduced alongside my character?

Edited by Connor Querin

11 hours ago, Connor Querin said:

I'll be getting myself into the system soon, but I have a question. In the interests of vehicle design, politics and warfare, can a defence company be introduced alongside my character?

Connor, glad to see you finally jumped in! Welcome. 

If you could please elaborate a bit more on what you'd like to do with the defense company, I could probably better answer your question. You're idea sounds very interesting. 

Since you're new to the game I have to drop the disclaimer: *Be sure that you have read all of the rules regarding at what point you unlock certain features of the game such as armor, planes, navies, etc. Also, you may want to look at the Brick of Nations and other member builds to give you an idea of the political landscape so you don't drastically change anything that we've already established.* 

You have some work to do, but trust me you will enjoy it. Welcome!

I've received this question a few times:

Regarding sabotage builds. Several people have asked about having "advisors" from their country training/adivising/supplying the foreign freedom fighters. This is okay, but they should not be the focus of the build. The underground/ rebels/ freedom fighters/ resistance should be the focus. Again, no high speed NAVY SEAL nightvision and plate carrier stuff going on here. 

Players who do not stick to this guideline will receive lower scores. 

21 hours ago, Connor Querin said:

Question: For the nation of Plighia, can I utilise the black, red and yellow tri-colour flag of Germany? 

Probably not a good idea. We've gone to great lengths to try and create fake countries so we can avoid any potential conflicts.

Hello fellow players,

I see no real quarrel with any nation on our continent and was wondering if declaring war without a casus belli would invoke warmongering charges on our nation from the BoN? This is due to my points being below 21 and therefore I cannot assault other nations or transport troops with the navy.

Thanks

Edited by Spud The Viking

If we look in our real world, the EU and NATO treaties speak about mutual defense. If any member(s) is/are attacked without a previous reason, the other members must help. Briolui seized a joint Filace-Briolui radar station (this is a "valid" reason for declaring the war in the game)  and Filace bombed it. Then, RON and COAC nations declared the war on each other, so that gives you "reasonable" grounds to declare the war.

However, if the RON country in your continent has not clearly declared the war on you or other COAC nation, declaring the war is more complicated. Read RON countries statements and check if there is a general war declaración on the COAC. If so, just declare the war reciprocally.

Hope this helps.

Something to consider as well. Just because you haven't unlocked naval missions yet, doesn't mean you don't have a navy. You can refer to these things in your story line, but you just can't build them. Think outside the box of the parameters of the missions. Catch my drift?

Loving following all the builds for this awesome topic! Although I am not involved, I can still share some cool photos I take, including this one of a CIA SOG operator :wink:

CIA Operation: Silent Death

PM sent, but not sure you can get it yet as you only have 4 posts.  Usually you need 10 to get messages!

Comment on some of the builds to beef up your count for the time being!

48 minutes ago, paintballman said:

Based on the map of the game, I built a map where the alliances stand out. 

Great work! :)

Oh nice, cool. Maybe try that with different colors like red and blue for a real contrast?

Just figured I'd drop an update here guys. The staff is all pretty busy building for upcoming events, prepping CP3, scoring, and building for other EuroBricks events.

We may be a little slower than usual getting scores back to you, but don't let that stop you from posting builds. We are hoping to have your scores to you soon. 

Thanks!

But if the campaign already finished, side builds posted after the deadline will be scored on campaign2 or on campaign3? (In this case). And the limit of 4 side builds per campaign still applies, doesn't it?

Any side builds posted after CP2 due date will be counted towards your total for CP3