PeroTheLegoman

[MOC] Modular Grocery

Hi everybody,

First a word of warning; haven't made alot of these type of builds and no real planing was done as probably more expirienced builders will notice and to add to all of that no specialy ordered parts for this build were used, just the parts I had around.

Started this build from the roof to the bottom :D (was experimenting with different roof layouts) and then decided to do the whole thing. It's an old house with an apartment on the First floor (the attic hasn't got anything inside) and a refurbished ground floor with a grocery.

Enjoy!

Front
33289282816_40c13c0f00_c.jpg
Back (don't Know if I managed to do it right, but that light grey thing on the left part of the backside is the drainage)
33174815522_e4aa32f8e8_c.jpg
First floor apartment
33174814982_6f60d6f098_c.jpg
The grocery at the refurbished ground floor
33330141495_3000f08aac_c.jpg
33330140355_c07d9fcc47_c.jpg

Edited by PeroTheLegoman

This has great curb appeal! Definitely some cool building techniques used. Interesting how you hid the technic bricks for connecting to other modulars. 

Great Build!!!!

- love the way you made the walk-pad to the stairs

the drainage is a good design a little bit bulky for my tast maybe you can change the brick w bow ( 50950 ) into a plat w bow ( 11477  )

but the overall look of the building is Great!!!

Greetings

Great work, especially to be something you built as you went. I know from experience it's not easy getting your own building started, but it looks like you kept the creative juices flowing until the end! Good job! 

Thanks guys, well the roof designe is to be blamed for all of it :D 

Once I made the roof I couldn't stop building it.

will experiment a bit more with the drainpipes 

cheers :)

The under-passage is a great idea, especially for a 16-wide building. For the drains, I recommend you use the 3mm rigid hoses; they come in all sorts of lengths, and are slightly flexible. Have a look: here.

Great job! Really love the use of the containers as the front pillars and the atms. I would agree with the others on the drainage pipe, maybe do something like the Parisian Restaurant has on the backside. Overall a really good job especially since you weren't really planning on making a full building. 

Looks great! I like how the brown columns / arches frame the arcade and the use of the barrels for the flower pots.  The green awning add a nice pop of colour.   

I also think the downpipes is a little bulky.  The rigid hoses suggested by ColletArrow are a good idea.

Seems I ought to change it, but dunno how to make that kink in the middle, the down-left-back-down one using rods. And would love to do the kink again :D

Maybe some clever usage of headlight bricks and 4599 tap pieces? The bricks could perhaps represent junction boxes in the system, where multiple pipes join up.

Edited by ColletArrow
formating/spelling

Very nice build. I like the brown framing on the two floors and the walkway to the back stairs.  Very creative.

I like the first floor inset. It reminds me of the Toy and Grocery Shop creator set. Although I wonder how it will look next to another building. It might feel too cramped, but maybe not.

I like the idea of the brown boxes out front, but it doesn't fit right for me. I'm not sure what to change though.

The drainpipe is an interesting addition. I did something similar to the Kwik-e-Mart for mine using 1x1 round bricks. You could probably make it work somehow without being too bulky. The brownstone from the Pet Shop used regular flex tube like was mentioned earlier, so that is an option too.

Absolutely a lovely build. :thumbup: Much better than any Modular MOCs I have done (come to think of it, haven't done them in a while, maybe I should do more…)

Very nice build! I like all the techniques you used. The hanging barrels are really a nice touch.

Lovely looking build. Very friendly and genuinely happy. A store where you really enjoy buying groceries :classic:

A couple of pieces are a bit off coloured though. I would replace the roof tiles and some of the dark red pieces on the walls don't quite work well too. Maybe some sand or light grey bricks instead.

The drainage pipe looks good to me though, but I would try making one with some of the new pipe pieces instead. Rounder shapes might work better with the style ot the building as a who!e. More organic than rectangular. Anyway. Just some input from me. Cool store! :thumbup: :classic:

7 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Maybe some clever usage of headlight bricks and 4599 tap pieces? The bricks could perhaps represent junction boxes in the system, where multiple pipes join up

Great idea actually, that could actually be done quite easily :D

4 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

Although I wonder how it will look next to another building. It might feel too cramped, but maybe not.

Here are a couple of "on the set" shots, so you tell me if it Works or not :)

32553279713_94be775554_c.jpg

33212137372_318fe852a9_c.jpg

33212136342_000cd0864f_c.jpg

That looks excellent in the line! The recessed shop front/entrance goes together really nicely to break up the street a bit. I think the hanging barrels look a bit odd though, now. Perhaps a shallower dish would work better?
(By the way, what is Emmet doing on the roof of the Brick Bank? :laugh:)

Didn't have the shallower one until now, but am really grown to the barrell design now :D

my town layout it full of these nonsense situations :D emmet is running from a robot cop who is being chased by wyldstyle :)