Captain Nemo

[MOC]: ACE, "The Chemical Place"

ACE, "The Chemical Place" 

This was a simple build I created for Rebrick's Best of Batman contest, for the location category. This is my second entry into the contest; my first being the Catmobile. In typical Lego Movie Batman fashion, the un-mopped catwalk is the Red Hood's undoing as he soon finds he's transformed from simple crook into the clown prince of crime himself, the Joker! 

32931218480_50818be333_c.jpg

The build features the infamous origin of the Joker, as based loosely on The Killing Joke

33313682775_3759177544_c.jpg

While the front of the build features the memorable open vats of toxic chemicals, a prime example of good safety standards, the exterior features not only a representation of the ACE building itself but also a focus on the result of the Red Hood's slip on the catwalk--his transformation into the Joker. 

33313682805_c5ff32108d_c.jpg

To achieve Joker's reflection in the water, I layered Lego foam mirror pieces from the Modular Line. 

33313682745_c83cfd3813_c.jpg

33313682815_5144019d9b_c.jpg

The mirror under trans pieces acting as water relection is honestly a revolutionary idea.

Sick build man! :)

This is really, really excellent! I love the use of the green pieces to represent the chemicals and how you have included little details like a mop!

Good job!

"simple build?" Do I even want to know what qualifies as a complex build? Builds like this are why I told my sons I probably won't win.

Amazing details! Great story in your build. I am in awe. I really hope you win because this is superb. I would gladly pay for this as a set.

Stunning work. Those chemical tanks look marvelous and the details all around are very well done!

Whoa totally awesome build, so much details. Really like the chemical tanks and the green you used for the toxic chems. The mirror foam was an amazing idea.

I have always admired your awesome mocs cap, but this is truly amazing. Best of luck in the contest.

A fantastic build!! I love all the greebling you've got going on - adds a nice dark, industrial vibe too the scene!! The reflection is cleverly done too - nice work!!

Edited by greg3

Hey @Captain Nemo,

very nice build and MOC - really love it. So well done - love the detailed realization of the industrial style and esp. the "simple" but perfect representation of some propably heavily toxic chemistry in those tanks, not to forget the nice "overflow" on the back side.

Cheers,

Cris

Hi , I wanted to ask if you still have the design file for this as well as the Adventure Time Lich battle and if there was anyway I would be able to use them ? Thanks