Captain Braunsfeld

[ESL] Oat McDonald had a farm... EWTC Plantation Collaboration

Sorry about that title.:pir-laugh:

I would like to present the first part of an Eslandola plantation collaboration of Garmadon & Captain Braunsfeld:  The EWTC Oat Planation of Pontelli.

31801456711_7e6f804636_c.jpg

If you look carefully you might spy some strange characters:

31108666503_ff63f3c6e9_z.jpg

31077871364_e873ac131d_c.jpg

... strange transporting activities ...

31880700366_2761e994e9_z.jpg

.. birds that need to be fed...

31108667383_fc1174ff88_z.jpg

.. and sometimes, trees are growing overnight::wink:

31958630892_3d568bfefb_c.jpg

Size of this grand EWTC plantation part:  64 x 64.

C&C Welcome.

Over to Garmadon.

Very nice build! I would like to see more photos of this.

:pir-grin:  Great minifigure activity Captain, and just plain a very well done plantation... lovely stream, great bits of color here and there, and the chicken coop in the corner looks really good! :thumbup: 

Nice use of the old children's song about a Truachesh farmer. Is that gold in them thar fields?

Excellent plantation! The bridge is a great centerpiece, and you have a good range of activity and critters (chickens, brick-built ducks, and is that Capt Cookie with a cookie?).

And glad to see you taking advantage of that ETWC monopoly. :wink:

Excellent build, Captain B, your colors really pop here, and you've done a great job making this side of the oat plantation alive! :thumbup:  The bridge, stream, and banks are very nice, and I really like Captain Cookie's appearance and the "strange transporting activities" too! :pir_laugh2:  Plus, that clever sign and your ETWC troops are just awesome!  Captain Cookie's got to like the shade of that tree which spontaneously popped up while he was fishing! :pir-grin:

Thanks a lot for doing this collaboration, mate! :pir-sweet:

2 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Sorry about that title.:pir-laugh:

:laugh: :rofl:

21 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Very nice build! I would like to see more photos of this.

Sure, you can find some more pictures on flickr.

20 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

:pir-grin:  Great minifigure activity Captain, and just plain a very well done plantation... lovely stream, great bits of color here and there, and the chicken coop in the corner looks really good! :thumbup: 

Thanks a lot!  I think I took the pictures outside on a cloudy day. :grin:

20 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Nice use of the old children's song about a Truachesh farmer. Is that gold in them thar fields?

Thanks - yes, some gold pieces have been included.

20 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Excellent plantation! The bridge is a great centerpiece, and you have a good range of activity and critters (chickens, brick-built ducks, and is that Capt Cookie with a cookie?).

And glad to see you taking advantage of that ETWC monopoly. :wink:

Yes, you have spotted the infamous Captain Cookie (he probably has a day off).

18 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Excellent build, Captain B, your colors really pop here, and you've done a great job making this side of the oat plantation alive! :thumbup:  The bridge, stream, and banks are very nice, and I really like Captain Cookie's appearance and the "strange transporting activities" too! :pir_laugh2:  Plus, that clever sign and your ETWC troops are just awesome!  Captain Cookie's got to like the shade of that tree which spontaneously popped up while he was fishing! :pir-grin:

Thanks a lot for doing this collaboration, mate! :pir-sweet:

:laugh: :rofl:

I think I will go for a patent for fast growing trees!

It was a pleasure working with you. :sweet:

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

I love it! You managed to maintain your typical rather classic style, not much snot or exaggerated stuff, blue water - really typical for what you usually do, and I like it.

But in this MOC you managed to mix this perfectly with other techniques, e.g. for the house or ot the bridge. The oat plants are quite fantastic, as is the overall flair and appearance of the MOC.

Mix in some humor and monkey business, and you get a typical Captain Braunsfeld with some new touches, and it's just amazing. Great work!

Great work on that one Captain Braunsfeld !

I really like how the oat plants are disposed along the MOC !

"Trees growing by night" !? It seems your plantation is suffering the same problem we've already seen in Berelli with overgrowing and too active plants (and plant monsters)... Is it a global warming prelude ?? I think some of our Oleon friends are working on this potential threat. :laugh:

Very nice! I especially like the bridge :wub: and the oats (I am not sure about the golden oats but the tan ones definitely worked out alright)

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 at 9:22 PM, Elostirion said:

I love it! You managed to maintain your typical rather classic style, not much snot or exaggerated stuff, blue water - really typical for what you usually do, and I like it.

But in this MOC you managed to mix this perfectly with other techniques, e.g. for the house or ot the bridge. The oat plants are quite fantastic, as is the overall flair and appearance of the MOC.

Mix in some humor and monkey business, and you get a typical Captain Braunsfeld with some new touches, and it's just amazing. Great work!

Thanks for this very elaborate feedback.

Much appreciated!

On Thursday, March 09, 2017 at 4:33 PM, Faladrin said:

Great work on that one Captain Braunsfeld !

I really like how the oat plants are disposed along the MOC !

"Trees growing by night" !? It seems your plantation is suffering the same problem we've already seen in Berelli with overgrowing and too active plants (and plant monsters)... Is it a global warming prelude ?? I think some of our Oleon friends are working on this potential threat. :laugh:

:laugh: 

Merci bien!

Plant monsters???

21 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Very nice! I especially like the bridge :wub: and the oats (I am not sure about the golden oats but the tan ones definitely worked out alright)

Feel free to copy the bridge. 

I tried some oat variations mostly in form but also in.colour.

:pir-grin:

I think Elostirion's comment hit this one spot on, it's a great mix of your usual style with a new twist to make it fit in with Garmadon's own style. As I said in your 5B entry, I really like those soldiers, I think they may be my favourite of your Eslandolan troops, also I am insanely jealous of all you people who own Lego goats. Bring on a re-issue TLG!!!

Great work and it's nice to see the EWTC getting some attention!

On 10/03/2017 at 8:44 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Merci bien!

Plant monsters???

Yes ! We have seen plant monsters in Berelli attacking some Oleon guys. And the island is well known for its hard jungle path... I think your issue with "Trees flourishing on one night" could be linked to this phenomenon... :laugh:

10 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I think Elostirion's comment hit this one spot on, it's a great mix of your usual style with a new twist to make it fit in with Garmadon's own style. As I said in your 5B entry, I really like those soldiers, I think they may be my favourite of your Eslandolan troops, also I am insanely jealous of all you people who own Lego goats. Bring on a re-issue TLG!!!

Great work and it's nice to see the EWTC getting some attention!

Ok, my MOC was first - and then Garmadon twisted his usual style so that both would somehow fit :laugh:

Thanks for your kind comment!

9 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Yes ! We have seen plant monsters in Berelli attacking some Oleon guys. And the island is well known for its hard jungle path... I think your issue with "Trees flourishing on one night" could be linked to this phenomenon... :laugh:

I've been checking that out. I actually missed the MOC when it came out :pir-cry_sad:

Nice plantation. You've covered quite a bit of area with those oat plants, and the whole thing is deceptively large. The chicken coop in the corner is neat, but I have to wonder if Captain Cookie is planning to raid the place after dark... My favorite feature is that bridge. It looks too narrow for anything besides foot traffic, but it's a brilliant design and placed centrally it provides a very good focal point. Great work overall, and good to see the company hard at work. :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Nice plantation. You've covered quite a bit of area with those oat plants, and the whole thing is deceptively large. The chicken coop in the corner is neat, but I have to wonder if Captain Cookie is planning to raid the place after dark... My favorite feature is that bridge. It looks too narrow for anything besides foot traffic, but it's a brilliant design and placed centrally it provides a very good focal point. Great work overall, and good to see the company hard at work. :thumbup:

I like your feedback.

Pls. don't hesitate to write more :sweet: