Hi everyone,

Me and my brother are planning to build an Adventurers layout based on the Desert and Jungle series. My brother will build the Desert part of the landscape and I will build the Amazon part. I have started with the vehicles, because if I start building the landscape, I do not have the parts for the vehicles. :laugh::tongue:

I have built several cars (I think 12). 4 of those cars will be used in a town 

The left car is a little based based on the Island Racer of the Dino Island. 

32474038003_4dfdd0552c_c.jpg

I have created one jeep inspired from a jeep of Indiana Jones.

It was the idea to make the jeep 7 studs wide.

32947898401_098f8986c9_c.jpg

I have created another car and someone compared it with the car of Donald Duck. :laugh:

The focus was on the mudguards.

33074655185_88db411413_c.jpg

I have created a ship/boat based on the River Expedition set of the Amazone.

The boat has another color scheme than the set, but the structure is almost the same.

32474038973_edc4f8dd74_c.jpg

For more pictures you can see them in the Flickr album.

Various Adventurers Creations

I still need to take some pictures of other cars. 

I will do that at the end of the week.

Questions and feedback are welcome. :classic:

Sander

Looking good! I especially love the ship and white car. Great work, can't wait to see what's next!

Thank you, Murdoch17.

I have to build a small scene for the other cars. Tomorrow, I have everything finished.

Yesterday I had the time to create some small scenes for the cars and I had time to take pictures of it.

The first scene has a jeep and a truck. Both of the vehicles are inspired from the vehicles of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I wanted to create a sloping front for the truck. That was quite the challange with Dark Green.

32557586103_c09cc9e697_c.jpg

I have created another scene with two cars. One of them is inspired from Indiana Jones. The smaller car is inspired from the 5978 Sphinx Secret Surprise.

32557582823_587387da2b_c.jpg

The next scene has a car and a truck. The truck is inspired from 5988 The Temple of Anubis and the car was a little bit inspired from 5936 Spider's Secret. I have received a lot of 1x2 curved slopes in the metallic color and I wanted to use them for mudguards. 

33331301266_e5cd7a9cdc_c.jpg

The last scene is the smallest. The scene contains a car that is inpired from the 3722 Treasure Tomb set. To me that was the most terrible set of the Desert series, but the car had an interesting shape and I have seen recently a car in a layout with the same shape. That was the motivation to create this car.

32557583073_21c3cd63b5_c.jpg 

For more pictures you can see them in my Flickr album.

Feedback and questions are welcome. :classic:

Sander

looks very good @sander1992! I really love what you've done here, it inspires me to build more adventurers things... maybe a yellow submarine in black / dark bluish gray instead of yellow, like this Bat-sub (not mine!):

17155640_1490138347686842_54106522597481

On 12/3/2017 at 2:04 AM, Murdoch17 said:

Where's the bat-shaped piece near the front of the submarine from? I don't think i've seen it before. Or is it just the batarang?

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

oh, I was thinking it could be that as well, but from this angle it looked like the ridges outlining the batarang "wings" were longer than usual. I thought it resembled this kind of logo.

I think anything with a classic era color scheme just looks really good. No mater how sophisticated or modern it looks, that color scheme can make it look classic.

Edited by gamejutzu

Thank you for the comments. 

About the submarine, that is not an official Lego batarang piece. The shape is different.

I have finished another build for the coming Adventurers layout. I have built a seaplane based on the Island Hopper set of the Dino Island series.

I wanted to use the 2x2 metallic curved slope pieces for the wings and roof. It was quitte the challange to create the right shape.

32639388993_d128a7a155_c.jpg

There are more pictures in my Flickr album.

Comments and feedback are welcome. :classic:

Sander

2 hours ago, sander1992 said:

Thank you for the comments. 

About the submarine, that is not an official Lego batarang piece. The shape is different.

I have finished another build for the coming Adventurers layout. I have built a seaplane based on the Island Hopper set of the Dino Island series.

I wanted to use the 2x2 metallic curved slope pieces for the wings and roof. It was quitte the challange to create the right shape.

SNIP

There are more pictures in my Flickr album.

Comments and feedback are welcome. :classic:

Sander

That looks awesome! I'm glad the island hopper is getting some love too. It's a great set and one of the best seaplanes around, except for the new Creator one, which is now number one (on my list, at least).

I have received some feedback from people about the Pontoon Plane.

After a "critical" look on the plane I changed the roof and propellers a bit.

Here is the updated version of the Pontoon Plane.

33371397810_da7b2a0ac1_c.jpg

Feedback and questions are welcome.:classic:

I have created two cottages for the upcoming Adventurers layout.

The cottages are for a fishing village. 

33134975764_7819fd72e3_c.jpg

One cottage is damaged and has some wedge plates on the roof.

I have some other ideas for a few houses with cheese slopes as woodwork, but that has to wait.

The next update will be the first part of the landscape.

Questions and feedback are (still) welcome. :classic:

I have exhibited on an event in the Netherlands and we (me and my brother) were working on the new landscape at the event. I still need a lot of trans light blue 1x2 plates and tiles for the river, but we have managed to create a part of the landscape.

33260021814_8d4374d501_c.jpg

At the back is a mechanism to move the car around the tree and the flames can turn. 

Those two mechanisms are controlled with IR from Power Functions.

Feedback and questions are welcome.

Sander

That layout is awesome, and the car going round the tree sounds even cooler. I am glad there are people keeping the Adventurers spirit alive!

Thank you Murdoch17. :classic:

In the next month I will exhibit on another event.

The plan is to finish this part of the layout and to start expanding it. 

I need some more tranparant light blue. :grin:

While some parts are on their way for the landscape, I have created another house for the fishing village.

I wanted some details in the woodwork of the house and I used cheese slopes for it.

I am not sure olive green is suitable. :look:

Here is an picture of the house.

33921792830_fe70a2ca43_c.jpg

There is one more picture of the side with the chimney. It is in my Flickr album.

Questions and feedback are welcome. :classic:

Sander

Great work on remakes of the Adventurers theme!  That layout is really beginning to take shape.  I like how you updated the jeeps and cars.  The houses and shacks will be great additions to the layout.
The updated Island Hopper is absolutely stunning!  I really like the look that the pearl curved slopes give to the shaping!

Thank you for your comments. :classic:

On 27-4-2017 at 9:19 PM, Slegengr said:

That layout is really beginning to take shape.

Coming weekend I have the time and space to build. So I can give an update in the next week. :wink:

On 27-4-2017 at 9:19 PM, Slegengr said:

The updated Island Hopper is absolutely stunning!  I really like the look that the pearl curved slopes give to the shaping!

Thanks. I am glad that I managed to keep the shape well. I received all the 2x2 curved slopes and I thought those would be suitable for old vehicles or planes. 

On 29-4-2017 at 11:45 PM, TheLazyChicken said:

The house for the fishing village is simple but you managed to add much detail to it. Keep it up! :wink: :thumbup:

Thanks. If you actually think about it, a lot of builds are simple. :wink:

You just need the right ideas and inspiration. 

In the weekend I had the time and space to build the landscape further. 

I filled some gaps of the landscape and I have expanded it a bit.

A lake is added to the landscape and that is where the Pontoon Plane has 'landed'. 

One of the three house/cottages has a place and the other two will be placed near the lake.

Here is a picture of the update.

34526931025_e737e58c69_c.jpg

I hope to build again very soon to "complete" this part of the landscape. :classic:

Sander

It took some time, but finally an update of the landscape.

I have started to build on the other side of the landscape with mountains and caves. On the mountains is a temple based on 5986 from 1999. The use of colors is inspired by the set. Inside the cave there are 3 blades/razors from the 7572 of Prince of Persia. Those can move and turn and are motorized. In the temple is a curved wall that can turn and it hides a scepter. In the sacrificial chamber is a statue that can turn. Those are both motorized with Power Functions.

The first picture is of the front of the temple with a river at the front.

35531964785_d226a68f97_c.jpg

The other picture is of the cave with the temple above.

35531965125_d0d4800f77_c.jpg

For more pictures you can visit my Flickr album.

Hopefully I can finish the temple soon.

Questions and feedback are welcome.

Sander

Absolutely love the build you have made, one of the most impressive use of colour cordination and overall style! Im in love with it :laugh:

Thank you both. :classic:

16 hours ago, SodorBricks said:

Absolutely love the build you have made, one of the most impressive use of colour cordination and overall style! Im in love with it :laugh:

I was a bit afraid that I used to much colors. :look:

I am glad it worked out this way. 

6 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Hello @sander1992, great work! Can't wait to see more :wink:

I hope I can finish the build at the end of the month, but I am not sure if that is possible.