Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I think it's way too early for that, considering Series 18 will be released on May 2018 :laugh:

Oh nooooooo, i meant series 17 and wrong thread. lmao. :laugh_hard: :cry2:

Edited by BrickFit26

On 25/03/2017 at 10:35 AM, gedren_y said:

I have been giving the Cake Suit Guy idea some thought, and if they do it, it could have printing celebrating the minifigs' 40th.

For some reason, the idea of a cake-costumed minifig would not leave me alone yesterday, and I thought of a way it could be achieved.

A three tier cake. The bottom level could be done using a mould similar to the new skirt piece as used on Minnie Mouse. The middle level could be created with an armour-type piece, that goes over the neck and leaves the arms free to have a little movement. The top could be done using a white head and a new accessory, like a melted candle shaped helmet,  to allow the "plume feather flame" [64647] piece to attach. Wouldn't look as good as if it were a one piece, like the hotdog, but better than nothing.

7 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

For some reason, the idea of a cake-costumed minifig would not leave me alone yesterday, and I thought of a way it could be achieved.

A three tier cake. The bottom level could be done using a mould similar to the new skirt piece as used on Minnie Mouse. The middle level could be created with an armour-type piece, that goes over the neck and leaves the arms free to have a little movement. The top could be done using a white head and a new accessory, like a melted candle shaped helmet,  to allow the "plume feather flame" [64647] piece to attach. Wouldn't look as good as if it were a one piece, like the hotdog, but better than nothing.

My idea was very similar, hip wear bottom, torso wear middle, but I would go with just a top hat in white (with printing). A candle representation wouldn't be necessary. The fig I would make female in a sparkly leotard. Cliché, I know, but it adds to the fun.

I was thinking "Nah, have it like the hot dog guy" but that means having the sides (part from the head) cut out to slide the minifigure in as the arms stick out so yeah the idea of having it in separate pieces will be better, I know I'll buy it anyway; I know the designers will make a good job of it nevertheless.

Thank you all vey much for this information! :classic:

I'm a huge fan of these custome minifigs. And I'm a huge CMF fan in general. Having one or two custome minifigs per series is really great and these are next to the historic minifigs and the City compatible minifigs the ones I'm always the most looking forward to.

But a whole series of only custome minifigs is some sort of sale of these minifigs. I wish TLG went back to its CMF roots when there were two regular, unlicensed and unthemed series a year! :cry_sad:

On 30/3/2017 at 3:39 AM, BrickHat said:

Yeah, and we don't even have pics for the Ninjago series, or TLBM 2!

TLBM 2? Is that confirmed?

On 3/4/2017 at 1:50 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Please do remember that we had a new "only arm" piece that came with nexo knights.

Are you suggesting that they could use those arms on a molded torso to make a "minifigure"?

Because that would butcher the meaning of a minifigure 

I hope they won't do that. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

31 minutes ago, x105Black said:

What piece are you guys talking about?  The robot arms?  Or maybe Axl's torso?

This arm piece

Image result for lego brickster nexo knights

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

This arm piece

Ah, I see.

It is my opinion that the brick in the above post is decidedly not a minifigure.  Is it a character?  Yes, absolutely.  But it is not a minifigure.

There is a very fine line as to what should be included as a minifigure part.  The skirt slope is on the edge of that definition.  The ghost legs and snake tails from Ninjago, rock legs from Nexo Knights, and the genie tails are definitely acceptable, and other pieces like satyr legs and peg legs are even moreso.  These are made to replace minifigure parts in a minifigure assembly.  But I wouldn't consider Jeremy from the Yellow Submarine set to be a minifigure, nor would I count any of the Angry Birds characters.

Anyways, I think I'm getting a little off topic now, into the territory of "what is a minifigure?" rather than discussion of series 18.  I'd say that I hardly expect to see anything like the above arm pieces used in a CMF series, and I surely don't expect them in series 18 (despite the costume theme).

This book limits the term minifigures to a character that has at least 2 of the following three elements: Minifigure head, minifigure torso, minifigure legs. 

By that definition a minifigure with a cakeshaped torso with the brickster-arms would comply if it had a normal head and standard legs

A Brick Costume fig could be done with a new torso assembly that has a shoulder width of a 1x2 brick, studs on the front, and stud connection points on the back. A few plates could then fill out the fig.

It'd make me really happy if there was a creature costume to go with every animal and a food mascot to go with every food piece. They do seem to almost doing this anyway with costumes like hot dog and the hot dog bun or the penguin and penguin sit;

pizza slice guy/gal, ice cream guy/ gal and so on.

Owl suit, dog/puppy suit, and so on.

(Completionist here)

if they went in this direction- which suit would anyone else like to see paired up with the correspinding mini animal/food?

5 hours ago, jonahtron said:

It'd make me really happy if there was a creature costume to go with every animal and a food mascot to go with every food piece. They do seem to almost doing this anyway with costumes like hot dog and the hot dog bun or the penguin and penguin sit;

pizza slice guy/gal, ice cream guy/ gal and so on.

Owl suit, dog/puppy suit, and so on.

(Completionist here)

if they went in this direction- which suit would anyone else like to see paired up with the correspinding mini animal/food?

I'd love to see that, too.  Unfortunately, this will likely take years to achieve, as there are already many animals and food without corresponding costumes.  They are also adding new ones every year.  For example, this summer's City wave will bring a Leopard and a Black Panther.

7 hours ago, gedren_y said:

A Brick Costume fig could be done with a new torso assembly that has a shoulder width of a 1x2 brick, studs on the front, and stud connection points on the back. A few plates could then fill out the fig.

I'd imagine the costume would be the same as most others, with a brick piece that slips over the torso.

9 hours ago, Johnmeel said:

This book limits the term minifigures to a character that has at least 2 of the following three elements: Minifigure head, minifigure torso, minifigure legs. 

By that definition a minifigure with a cakeshaped torso with the brickster-arms would comply if it had a normal head and standard legs

Well that's refreshing news.  Still, I wouldn't expect to see a cake shaped torso.  I think, again, that it would simply be a cake costume that slips over the torso.

The way I'm imagining a three-tier cake minifigure is for it to have a specialized mold for the lower body that replaces the legs (similar to the S15 Queen) and then a single mold of the top two tiers that fits over the head and torso.

14 minutes ago, Mr bricking it said:

The way I'm imagining a three-tier cake minifigure is for it to have a specialized mold for the lower body that replaces the legs (similar to the S15 Queen) and then a single mold of the top two tiers that fits over the head and torso.

I could see that working, or using a printed top hat for the top tier, but I don't think they'll do it any differently from previous costumes.

IF we get a Cake Costume fig it should be like this: The bottom layer should be hip wear, and only about half the height if standard legs. The middle should be body wear, and sloped to give good arm movement. The top should be the standard top hat in an appropriate color. For the fig itself, I'd like a female in sparkly leotard.

I think I'm personally done with the non-franchises series minifigures. I've noticed that I just kind of... get sick of them. I like them at first. But then I have a pile of minifigures I don't really ever use, not even for display. While franchise ones are like... the Simpsons... or Batman... or Disney... and they're the kind of minifigures you can display and everyone will know what they are. Also those characters often have a place in my heart so I don't get sick of them really. Whereas the random series non-franchise ones can be quite cool they're not exactly characters with a story. I'll keep getting a couple in every series maybe, just the best ones. But I think I'm just pretty much done with them.

That said I really hope for more Simpsons, Disney, Batman, or any other theme I'd love the characters for. Doctor Who, Star Trek, whatever lol (those have no chance!). Either that or make me care about the characters in the generic themes. Like the Lego movie ones were nice because I knew a lot of those characters and won't get sick of them either because they're not bland (I appreciate a lot of the designs here though, I just need something more myself).

11 hours ago, BrickG said:

I think I'm personally done with the non-franchises series minifigures. I've noticed that I just kind of... get sick of them. I like them at first. But then I have a pile of minifigures I don't really ever use, not even for display. While franchise ones are like... the Simpsons... or Batman... or Disney... and they're the kind of minifigures you can display and everyone will know what they are. Also those characters often have a place in my heart so I don't get sick of them really. Whereas the random series non-franchise ones can be quite cool they're not exactly characters with a story. I'll keep getting a couple in every series maybe, just the best ones. But I think I'm just pretty much done with them.

That said I really hope for more Simpsons, Disney, Batman, or any other theme I'd love the characters for. Doctor Who, Star Trek, whatever lol (those have no chance!). Either that or make me care about the characters in the generic themes. Like the Lego movie ones were nice because I knew a lot of those characters and won't get sick of them either because they're not bland (I appreciate a lot of the designs here though, I just need something more myself).

I'm actually quite the opposite. The reason why I like minifigs to begin with is because they are representative of untold stories. The non-licensed minifigs can mostly be switched around to make even more minifigs whereas the licensed minifigs are usually not as adaptable. I guess it comes down to either being a creative type or just a collector since I use my minifigs more as brainstorming props and never display them without a brick built environment.

On 4/9/2017 at 3:48 AM, Mr bricking it said:

On 4/9/2017 at 5:07 AM, gedren_y said:

IF we get a Cake Costume fig it should be like this: The bottom layer should be hip wear, and only about half the height if standard legs. The middle should be body wear, and sloped to give good arm movement. The top should be the standard top hat in an appropriate color. For the fig itself, I'd like a female in sparkly leotard.

Why would they go this route when all the other food costume figures have been over-body headgear. I would think they'd stick with the single mold method and not get too complicated for just one figure.

2 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

Why would they go this route when all the other food costume figures have been over-body headgear. I would think they'd stick with the single mold method and not get too complicated for just one figure.

I considered that, but if you make the second and third tiers a single piece then you have a slot on the bottom layer for the arms to fit through. The way I described it preserves the full cake look, given I described the body wear piece as matching the torso slope.

4 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

I agree completely, though I think the sectioned version would probably look better.