Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

On 6/2/2017 at 10:03 PM, x105Black said:

What else do Americans use to celebrate the 4th of July that would be applicable to this series?

Beer Can Boy confirmed.

1 hour ago, Brick Dangerous said:

Beer Can Boy confirmed.

Chug! Chug! Chug!

2 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

Gonna need 6!

Ooh, I was gonna go for 18. Maybe I have a problem?

7 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

You're not leaking that they'll be 18 minifigures in series 18 are you?

16 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

You have several!

:tongue:

But seriously, a Beer Can suit would be really cool, and I can already see it working, but for some reason I have my doubts.  And I really don't think it would be Beer Can Boy...  Maybe we'll get a Soda Can Suit?

8 hours ago, J4ck said:

Now that would be cool.

28 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Maybe we'll get a Soda Can Suit?

Given that Lego Minifigure scale soda cans are rare but are indeed existent combined with the fact that AFOLs love 'em I think it's plausible 

15 hours ago, J4ck said:

Lol, no, just making a dumb joke. It's a neat idea, I guess, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

32 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

My submission is for a dead horse suit.

The costumed characters are a fun novelty 1 or 2 at a time, but too much for a whole series.

10 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Agreed. Costumed characters are nice as a one-off novelty figure in a regular series but are generally useless in terms of parts. It's a shame that this will count as a 'regular' series. Just stick to the usual mix - something for everyone.

Agree

That's why I'm against the themed series, like Series 14. 

But I'm pretty sure they'll try to include something for everyone, even if they are all costumes

Like an alien suit for the Sci-fi fans or maybe a dragon costume for castle fans 

They did it in S14. A Gargoyle is not a monster, but it was there to appeal Castle fans. They even made up some characters like the Zombie Pirate for the pirates fans

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Agree

But I'm pretty sure they'll try to include something for everyone, even if they are all costumes

Like an alien suit for the Sci-fi fans or maybe a dragon costume for castle fans 

They did it in S14. A Gargoyle is not a monster, but it was there to appeal Castle fans. They even made up some characters like the Zombie Pirate for the pirates fans

That's a great point. Precisely why the Gargoyle was the only one I had any real use for from that series. Though I bought the Zombie Pirate too just because he was cool.

A gargoyle is arguably a monster.

I'm hoping for this series to include minifigures that will appeal to different fanbases as well.  I was not excited about series 14, but ended up getting quite a few for various reasons.  I hope this one is the same, and any such themed series should aim for that as well.  Even a fully Castle themed minfigure series should have something for City, Pirate, and Sci-Fi fans, although it's hard to say what that might be.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Agree

But no zombie spaceman for the space fans. :tongue:

16 hours ago, x105Black said:

Best thing for Sci-Fi was probably the Fly.  Not good enough, in my opinion, but cool.

Or with a bit of imagination that ghostlady that still haunts that ghostspaceship in quadrant4 near zodorac13.

I too, think that we'll be getting suits from different themes. There are a lot of collectors that collect all the figs from a series, but i think there are even more people that just buy (or try to buy) the ones that they like or can use. So spreading these figs over more themes is just the smart way to do things.

I just hope that they don't make them too suity.

13 minutes ago, Borex said:

Or with a bit of imagination that ghostlady that still haunts that ghostspaceship in quadrant4 near zodorac13.

I too, think that we'll be getting suits from different themes. There are a lot of collectors that collect all the figs from a series, but i think there are even more people that just buy (or try to buy) the ones that they like or can use. So spreading these figs over more themes is just the smart way to do things.

I just hope that they don't make them too suity.

So you're hoping they'll do something that suits everyone? :tongue:

43 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

So you're hoping they'll do something that suits everyone? :tongue:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I've been thinking I don't think they'll create all the costumes out of big bulky pieces, somebody could be dressed as a castle soldier, that doesn't require those big costume pieces.

Yeah, I'm hoping they're not all novelty mascot suits, because some more serious costumes could possibly be taken out of context.

7 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

Yeah, I'm hoping they're not all novelty mascot suits, because some more serious costumes could possibly be taken out of context.

Ahh so that's the phrase "Novelty Mascots". Yeah I bet Lego won't do that, too expensive to produce all those new moulds unless yall don't want any accessories? I do want to see a variety like people above me have said Sci-Fi, Castle etc. I see it happening honestly.

On 26 June 2017 at 11:32 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

Are we wishlisting in a Rumors thread?

[Packs up clothes in trunk and leaves]

Noooooo. Hahaha

I was giving examples based on what I said so you could understand what I said, I don't explain what I think in the best of ways...

Vader, "pack up [your] trunk" and "mammoth" hint that no one noticed (as you posted in another thread). Would you like to address the elephant in the room?