Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

That's not going to happen IMO

There would be no way to tell them apart if you use the feeling method 

Edited by Robert8

Well, we do had the DFB Figures, where you couldn't tell some of the Players apart due to the same accessory (ball) and the same hair pieces just in different colors. So Lego won't have a problem with that.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Can't tell them apart = accidental repeats = more money for LEGO

5 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I know what you mean...

Do you know what has always amazed me? That there were people believing that nobles had blue blood. When we know blood is red. 

37 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Do you know what has always amazed me? That there were people believing that nobles had blue blood. When we know blood is red. 

You're killing me :grin: 

Ah well, if you look on this page and the previous one, I think that's pretty much all we need to know for those figures. I better stop hinting tbh.

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

If there are 2 of the same costume, I would really hope for different accessories to help with feeling.

7 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

To anyone hoping for a brick suit...

We won't be getting one. :wink:

He is using the wiking face! He knows something!

Someone grab him!

I'll get the torches and the pitchforks

14 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

We'll be getting two. 

Classic misinformational misdirection.

Nice try, VaderFan. We know what's what around here. 

17 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

To anyone hoping for a brick suit...

That wink better mean what I think it means. WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!

Sounds like we'll be getting two brick suits then - one red and one blue, with one of each gender. Disappointing to have an all costume series though. Don't get me wrong the costumed figures are great but I think a whole series is a bit overkill. They work well as a unique figure in each series but don't have a great deal of practical purpose I feel. Particularly annoying they will replace a regular series which usually  provides enough variety for everyone.

I hope we can integrate the brickcostume guy/girl into actual builds. It is a bit morbid, but also very funny. 

Oh, boy. Look, I get the appeal for a themed series and all, but I'm really beginning to wish this one wasn't, because Series 17 was boring to me, and I don't know if I'm going to want any of these. I guess this is my payback for my fanaticism about Series 14. 

Please, just introduce some new parts and full-costume minifigures I can pretend are real... I imagine this would be billed as a "Costume Party" series rather than just "Costumes".

17 hours ago, Borex said:

I hope we can integrate the brickcostume guy/girl into actual builds. It is a bit morbid, but also very funny. 

If it isn't possible to do that I'd be disappointed. If it is possible, I wonder how it would look sticking 2 together?

Ooh, I just had a strange thought. One brick costume with studs facing forward (guy) and one brick costume with studs facing back (lady), and that both costumes connect. That may be going too far, but it's what popped into my head.

Even if there ends up being 2 genders with the same costume, the bump code on the package should be different for each gender. Open one, see which gender you have, then check to see if the bump code is different on the next one you feel. If it is, then you've got the other gender. If it is the same, move on to the next bag.

- MJ

5 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

Oh, boy. Look, I get the appeal for a themed series and all, but I'm really beginning to wish this one wasn't, because Series 17 was boring to me, and I don't know if I'm going to want any of these. I guess this is my payback for my fanaticism about Series 14. 

Please, just introduce some new parts and full-costume minifigures I can pretend are real... I imagine this would be billed as a "Costume Party" series rather than just "Costumes".

I imagine that wil be the case. Also, I expect the artwork for this series will be party-themed overall, like with confetti and such

I'm not a fan of themed series either, but I expect this series to have a lot of innovations, like Hot Dog Guy, Skeleton Guy, Gorilla Suit guy and Rocket Boy were at their time

1 hour ago, gedren_y said:

Ooh, I just had a strange thought. One brick costume with studs facing forward (guy) and one brick costume with studs facing back (lady), and that both costumes connect. That may be going too far, but it's what popped into my head.

I cannot unsee. *oh2* 

The more I read about this series the more it sounds ridiculous. I hope the end product is charming and not over the top... I really hope.

37 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I'm not a fan of themed series either, but I expect this series to have a lot of innovations, like Hot Dog Guy, Skeleton Guy, Gorilla Suit guy and Rocket Boy were at their time

Speaking of Skeleton Guy -- he does not even wear a costume. The printed skeleton on torso and legs make up the costume. So, do you think we'll get some costumes done the same way? 

Yeah, I imagine a whole series of tacky huge suit pieces is very unlikely. I expect a couple "tail/wings-and/or-mask" versions, and if they can manage it, perhaps some with no special costume parts at all, but clearly costumey printing

The more I hear about this concept, the less interesting it becomes. Wish we could just have a regular series.