Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

They already made abe Lincoln in the Lego movie series

But he was used more as an historical figure (like Shakespeare) than a political one.

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I know 2 things about this series

1. It won't be licensed

2. It will be themed

Rumor has it this will be a "Costume Party" themed series

That's it what we know so far

Thank you. Seems like a reminder was needed...

"Costume party" seems as if it might have specific connotations for people. To clarify, the term "party" was only introduced in order to steer someone to "costumes". What kind? All kinds.

Edited by rob-ot5000

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I know 2 things about this series

1. It won't be licensed

2. It will be themed

Rumor has it this will be a "Costume Party" themed series

That's what we know so far

Where is this information from?

Many thanks,

The lego fan

Ok, so the costume party series is no longer a rumor!

Cake suit guy? Hm... I can't think of any shape of cake that would fit a minifigure costume. 

Edited by Cagast

Apropos of nothing, a thought just occurred to me of how funny it would be if they had a Bowling Ball Suit Guy and a Bowling Pin Suit Guy - you could have the one chasing the other around trying to knock him down.

Yes, I know: I have a silly sense of humor.

On 20. 3. 2017 at 10:43 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I now think that we will have a themed costumed series and one mysterious series which is not regular for fall 2018, which means no regular series in 2018, which means I'm sad and I'll save a lot of money.

Does it mean, that it's confirmed, what will be in January 2018?

56 minutes ago, Pop Star c o said:

Does it mean, that it's confirmed, what will be in January 2018?

Batman Movie serie 2 

6 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

Apropos of nothing, a thought just occurred to me of how funny it would be if they had a Bowling Ball Suit Guy and a Bowling Pin Suit Guy - you could have the one chasing the other around trying to knock him down.

Yes, I know: I have a silly sense of humor.

That's the kind of pairing that would appeal to me. I like to have "foils" in displays, like Clumsy guy and Banana Suit guy.

Forgive me if I'm "late to the party" but what are the other two series in 2018 besides S18? I was under the impression that there would only be normal series next year.

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Cake Suit Guy  :oh:

That sounds delicious.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Is that even confirmed?

I would say it's as strong a rumor as we have.  Nothing has been 100% confirmed, but there are some good rumors from fairly reliable sources.

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

That sounds delicious.

I would say it's as strong a rumor as we have.  Nothing has been 100% confirmed, but there are some good rumors from fairly reliable sources.

I see, well tbh there's alot that we're missing.

as for the cake fig. HOW about a slice of a cake fig. 

Just want to confirm if @rob-ot5000 is not pranking us. :wink:

I have been buying boxes of CMF... And for the first time I might keep the whole box for myself.

12 hours ago, makoy said:

Just want to confirm if @rob-ot5000 is not pranking us. :wink:

Nope, not pranking. Maybe later? :tongue:

(NOTE TO ALL: I don't find lying about rumors and info to be particularly fun, so that ain't gonna happen from me. Except for that one figure you all wanted. WE'RE TOTALLY GETTING THAT :innocent:)

13 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

HOW about a slice of a cake fig. 

I dunno, I'm feeling pretty hungry. I think I could eat a whole cake. One of those big tiered cakes. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Cake.

45 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I dunno, I'm feeling pretty hungry. I think I could eat a whole cake. One of those big tiered cakes. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Cake.

Cake is good.

In all seriousness, I'm not exactly looking forward to this series. Of ALL the suits, only 2 have ever really resonated with me (Devil and Rocketship). Besides, they've already done pretty much every suit-worthy animal or food already. So I am left to wonder how they're going to manage a full series of costumes.

On 3/21/2017 at 10:07 AM, rob-ot5000 said:

"Costume party" seems as if it might have specific connotations for people. To clarify, the term "party" was only introduced in order to steer someone to "costumes". What kind? All kinds.

I guess that is correct, on all accounts. Saying that it is a 'costume party' theme still opens it to a lot of potential designs. And if this is a sort of celebration of LEGO's minifigures through out the years, then it is reasonable to assume that each particular milestone may well be represented - only with the twist of having them as 'costumes'. 

just2good is reporting about this now

So.... You know what that means :wink:

Well, now 4 people, 3 of them already known to be extremely reliable, said the same thing, so yeah, costume series confirmed!

2 hours ago, albertbalanza said:

I guess that is correct, on all accounts. Saying that it is a 'costume party' theme still opens it to a lot of potential designs. And if this is a sort of celebration of LEGO's minifigures through out the years, then it is reasonable to assume that each particular milestone may well be represented - only with the twist of having them as 'costumes'. 

He just said that it is not a party. So it's not a "40th anniversary of minifigure party series", there are costumes of all kinds.

4 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

(NOTE TO ALL: I don't find lying about rumors and info to be particularly fun, so that ain't gonna happen from me. Except for that one figure you all wanted. WE'RE TOTALLY GETTING THAT :innocent:)

Awesome.  Glad to hear this is confirmed!  Can't wait for that figure!

:tongue:

So a themed series huh...so many ways it could go and so many different costumes to pick. Im guessing a mix of halloween, animal, and food costumes. Only thing that bums me out is that the costumed minifigures rarely come with an accessory that they can hold. Also, I would like to see a someone in a masquerade costume.