Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 18 Rumors and Discussion

14 hours ago, Cagast said:

Bee suit girl's headpice in black/brown can be reused for an ant suit guy, with new arms.

i would envisage a 'Ladybird/bug Girl' before an ant suit...

2 hours ago, 22kane said:

I have wondered for a while if Lego would ever do a costume series. Those are typically the most popular figures in the standard CMF line. I'm amazed at how much people are willing to pay for some of the older ones like the Bunny suit from series 7 to the Hot Dog Guy in 13. If this is truly the case and we do get a full "costume series" I imagine it will be a huge hit.

I agree. I remember when I went to look for series 16 right when it was released, the TRU worker that was the asked me if I could find a banana man for her. Later a lady came into the store, saw the box and designs seemingly for the first time, and asked for one as well. By the time we left the store, all 5 banana men from the box were gone, and it was the day they put the box out.

So this series could sell like hot cakes, assuming they do choose 16 solid designs. They do run the risk of saturation; usually the costumed figures stand out because they are unique in the series. But I think it has great potential, and I'll most likely than not get them all, since I collect all the costumed figures.

Edited by BrickHat

I just might be tempted to buy a whole box.  We'll see how nice the costumes look, and which ones appeal to me.

Or maybe we are taking this wrong and they won't be animal costumes

Maybe it will be like a Halloween party? And they all will be dressed as monsters, like Dracula, Frankenstein's bride, Mummy, etc

We all know LEGO loves Halloween 

37 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Maybe it will be like a Halloween party? And they all will be dressed as monsters, like Dracula, Frankenstein's bride, Mummy, etc

I wonder what a party themed line would look like... If only we had someone that made really cool potential CMF's :sarcasm:

38 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

That would basically be series 14 part 2 then.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Um... isn't that what series 14 already is? What's the difference between actual monsters and people dressed as monsters, when it comes to Lego minifigures? Think about it.

Anyway, just please no, no more Halloween, monsters or anything related. I'm sick of it!

Also nobody suggested that every minifigure will be an animal. Surely if they do a costumed 'party' series it would be logical to throw in food costumes, or any cool looking, vertical object, like the rocket suit boy.

My idea is a summer-themed series for Series 18: a new surfer minifigure, a kid in a swimsuit, an ice cream vendor, a new Grandpa minifigure, a cruise ship captain, a new life guard minifigure, a sports coach, a Hawaiian dancer, a male pop star with sunglasses, a movie star, a crab suit guy, a starfish suit guy, an artist, a barista, a vacationer, and a hot dog vendor.

13 hours ago, Cagast said:

Um... isn't that what series 14 already is? What's the difference between actual monsters and people dressed as monsters, when it comes to Lego minifigures? Think about it.

Anyway, just please no, no more Halloween, monsters or anything related. I'm sick of it!

Also nobody suggested that every minifigure will be an animal. Surely if they do a costumed 'party' series it would be logical to throw in food costumes, or any cool looking, vertical object, like the rocket suit boy.

Sorry, I for one would enjoy more Halloween/monster mninifigures so I say bring it on. Not that I necessarily want a whole series dedicated to it again, but there's still a great deal of potential in that theme.

I would expect that if they do indeed plan on releasing a "costume party" series then this would be an ideal place to include one or two more.

13 hours ago, kungfulegolover said:

My idea is a summer-themed series for Series 18: a new surfer minifigure, a kid in a swimsuit, an ice cream vendor, a new Grandpa minifigure, a cruise ship captain, a new life guard minifigure, a sports coach, a Hawaiian dancer, a male pop star with sunglasses, a movie star, a crab suit guy, a starfish suit guy, an artist, a barista, a vacationer, and a hot dog vendor.

A hot dog vendor is already coming in Series 17, so one of your wishes has been granted.

I still don't see why everyone is so confident about this series being costumes - correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't even have any rumours for it being costumes, let alone confirmation.

Also, Itaria No Shintaku said that this series was NOT necessarily themed,even, in this thread;it could be that the themed rumour is meant for another series, who knows?

I don't know anything more about this series than anyone else, and my theories may be completely wrong, it's just that I think we all should be more carefull in what we start to confirm through multiple posts.

Just my personal thoughts, ?

The lego fan

Well, true, and frankly, it's a year away if all of the rumblings are to be believed. So I'm not getting my hopes up on anything until we hear more ...

As it's the 40th anniversary of the minifigures could the 18th be a range of updated minifigures & licenses?

I now think that we will have a themed costumed series and one mysterious series which is not regular for fall 2018, which means no regular series in 2018, which means I'm sad and I'll save a lot of money.

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I now think that we will have a themed costumed series and one mysterious series which is not regular for fall 2018, which means no regular series in 2018, which means I'm sad and I'll save a lot of money.

But the Ninjago series is still confirmed right??

1 minute ago, LegoShroom said:

But the Ninjago series is still confirmed right??

Yeah that's 2017 and the only news is that they were 20 minifigures but somehow they were decreased to 16.

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Yeah that's 2017 and the only news is that they were 20 minifigures but somehow they were decreased to 16.

Only 16 for ninjago?? Well at least I'll save a little there then.

Could it be a presidential series because it would give lots of nice new hair pieces

And who doesn't want Donald Trump has a minifig?

6 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Could it be a presidential series

I don't see that happening, it would not make any sense for TLG to create an America-specific CMF series like that. Possibly world leaders, but even then it seems like it could create some issues (who was left out and why?).

13 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Could it be a presidential series because it would give lots of nice new hair pieces

So I could sacrifice it by fire on the mid-terms election day?

2 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

I don't.

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't get why people are speculating about ideas for the series, if we already have a seemingly reliable rumor about what it'll be. Speculation about the specific suits would seem more appropriate at this time.

Well Lego did make abe Lincoln but I think America should get a minifig series because the UK and EU got there minifig series I can even make a list

1Ronald Reagan 

2Donald Trump

3 John f Kennedy

4 Obama

5 Thomas Jefferson

6 James Madison 

7 John Adams 

8 Andrew Jackson

9 general Washington

10 teddy Roosevelt

11 Franklin Roosevelt

12Clavin Coolidge