Hi guys! Awesome that you want to see my new MOC :classic:. It's a Truck with Tail Gate. This truck has a lift gate which works like a real one. The lift gate works with 3 small actuators and the max. weight is 200 grams. That's not much but for Lego parts it's enough. If the load is more than 200 grams, the connection between the middle actuator and the bed falls apart :blush:

The truck drives with a L motor and steers with a servo. The 3 actuators are powerered by 2 M motors (1 for highering and lowering and 1 for tilting the bed).

Here are some photos and a video. Thanks for watching!

EVVuTkR6bGvg0saoOUHm5QcafJFvZBvBAYgevSUo

tl6naM4Fy1AE4zmMKhkhwzhgqn8E2ErtX41jsXZR

o3EIoAPaU5b9D7rCbkbXLaWpqYFw_l7MqYEa8pUJ

nJV_HM5A4krQvZOnurubuKmdDLFUxpNWghe7OB8V

If you have some questions, feel free to ask!

Edited by Paul Klop

Nice little truck. The the tail gate is great. I really like your presentation with the mockup warehouse.

Could you provide a belly shot?

Edited by TinkerBrick

26 minutes ago, mahjqa said:

Very well done. Love how you got all the functionality in this relatively small scale.

Thank you very much! I expirimented many times with the tail gate. I made it with pneumatics but that was not accurate enough. Large actuators didn't fit well and after many tries I came up with this idea :sweet:.

20 minutes ago, TinkerBrick said:

Nice little truck. The the tail gate is great. I really like your presentation with the mockup warehouse.

Could you provide a belly shot?

Thank you very much! I think you meant this with a belly shot:

VjYf9U6waO07sys2Z0XW3Hsgr8HCD96BNOfAKE2H

3 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Excellent work, the gate is executed well, and fits nicely with the scale. :thumbup:

Thank you very much!

On 4-3-2017 at 11:53 PM, jorgeopesi said:

Small and functional that is why I like Technic, very nice truck.

On 5-3-2017 at 5:47 AM, AFOLegofan66 said:

really nice truck!!

20 hours ago, Brickis38542f said:

Nice presentation and the truck itself of course, it has both style and playability.  I really dig the style :)

Thank you all very much!!! :wink:

Great work on the tail gate. Always interested to see smaller mocs with good functions.

H

Very nice and clean, I like a lot!

I've built tail lifts myself before, but haven't managed to do it with small LA's. Your design is interesting, haven't thought of having the tail gate closed without raising the platform all the way up (as it usually is). Any chance of getting more pictures/LDD of the mechanism?

23 hours ago, Horace T said:

Great work on the tail gate. Always interested to see smaller mocs with good functions.

H

Thank you very much!

19 hours ago, arik said:

I've built tail lifts myself before, but haven't managed to do it with small LA's. Your design is interesting, haven't thought of having the tail gate closed without raising the platform all the way up (as it usually is). Any chance of getting more pictures/LDD of the mechanism?

Thank you! I see that you are right... The tail gate raises all the way up and then the tail gate closes.. (in real life) :sceptic:.

If I tear the truck down I would make some photos from the mechanism. :classic: 

Thanks for your comment!

On 9-3-2017 at 4:39 AM, 2LegoOrNot2Lego... said:

This is a very cool build I love it!

Thank you very much! Sorry for the late reaction... 

On 6-3-2017 at 9:03 PM, arik said:

Yes, here they are! I tried to make a LDD file of the lift gate but it became a great mess :grin: so I try to do it another time. (if you don't want it anymore, please let me know).

QA9ZOL2qzsTMgtQjpbJlGnvSq0Ae4N5chUyTQax5

The side:

vx1wU9sAgeoIkkDEMSwV9YOByCir1pKiH_ENBE60

The loading platform:

mFYyT40wkIYdD4Fi2oLtLZ0ZMJvx7tC2CDfPZ0Cg

And finally the overall view:

zw0OBcCS0R1PJtW-z31jNAb_3_VnbM8LBy6vpTR6

Thanks for your comment! I very like such reactions :classic: (the other ones are also awesome :wink:).

Edited by Paul Klop

Very nice truck. The lift gate is really very, very clever. I have a feeling others will "borrow" the design for other uses. I would not build a truck, but I would like to find a way to incorporate the mechanism into something else.

overall... Great! Thanks for sharing an for such detailed photos.

Andy D

22 minutes ago, Andy D said:

Very nice truck. The lift gate is really very, very clever. I have a feeling others will "borrow" the design for other uses. I would not build a truck, but I would like to find a way to incorporate the mechanism into something else.

overall... Great! Thanks for sharing an for such detailed photos.

Andy D

Thanks! You are free to use this design. It would be very cool when reffering to this post :grin: but that's not an obligation.

Edited by Paul Klop

On 19-3-2017 at 11:13 AM, super-jaschka said:

Is good truck:thumbup: Liked the work of the tilting the bed:excited:

Thank you very much! 

On 18.3.2017 at 11:41 PM, Paul Klop said:

Yes, here they are! I tried to make a LDD file of the lift gate but it became a great mess :grin: so I try to do it another time. (if you don't want it anymore, please let me know).

Thanks for sharing the details. I think I now figured out the mechanism from the pictures (although LDD would still be nice if you manage to do it at some time). I'll probably try to build that myself just for experimenting with it. Btw nice how you routed power to the linear actuators :-)

On 21-3-2017 at 8:38 PM, arik said:

Thanks for sharing the details. I think I now figured out the mechanism from the pictures (although LDD would still be nice if you manage to do it at some time). I'll probably try to build that myself just for experimenting with it. Btw nice how you routed power to the linear actuators :-)

Hi, I made a LLD file but I cannot post it on my site so that's coming soon. But I made instructions for the lift gate, you can find them here: http://paul.klop4you.nl/technic/192/ 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :wink:

Masterpiece, I love these small but technically unique builds. Thank You for sharing! :thumbup:

On 25-3-2017 at 9:01 AM, agrof said:

Masterpiece, I love these small but technically unique builds. Thank You for sharing! :thumbup:

Thank you very much! I also uploaded the LDD file :classic:

Thank you very much for sharing this! I might use this in my next moc.. (Mercedes moving truck with lift gate.)
It's based on the TLG's Arocs B model but converted to RC.