800x589.jpg

Hello everybody! After several discussion about photos, permissions, I have all the material about the trip to Stuttgart, which was part of the grand prize in the Rebrick "Build your dream Porsche" competition last year (summer). We started to organize the trip from 19th of august in email with TLC's online community specialts, and after a few weeks we fixed the date of the tour: 5-6th of October. To be honest, because of the so many awesome entries, I don't really believed that my entry will became first, so when the email arrived with the possibility to visit the Porsche Museum in Germany, my thoughts were only about this for a few hours, I was really exicted how it will be organized, about the details. I'd like to say a big thank you for both Lego's and Porsche's team, all of them did a really good job in organizing. We had everything in the right time, nothing had to be paid (except some meals), and every of my wishes were fulfilled, like making photos together with the original car, as you will see below. I know, I said, this report will come earlier, even I expected to have the photos (we had an official photographer) much earlier, but it's a longer process to be complete all the work on them, and the Porsche team had to discuss which ones are allowed to publish, etc. So, now I have everything important, and finally some time to write. Let's see what happened, in chronologichal order.

(be patient while the pictures are loading, this topic contains nearly 150 of them, and this is the reduced selection :classic: )

Gallery with all the photos:
http://bricksafe.com/pages/Tamas_Juhasz/lego-technic-porsche-contest-first-prize-trip-to-stuttgart-germany

As they said, my model is allowed to take some photos with Porsche cars in the Museum, I packed it safely to avoid damage during the ~960 km of travel:

1280x960.jpg

cea4b8aab42fbb7571cdba7998d99067.png

The trip was 4 days long: 4,5,6,7th of october. 4th is day one. Since we were allowed to travel by car (fuel and additional cost were paid), this day was all about the journey to Stuttgart. Long motorway stages, all the usual, but it wasn't so boring. I was in Stuttgart before, me and my father visited the Mercedes-Benz Museum, and he was several times there in the last few decades. We did it the same way, two of us went to this trip. All in all, the route was familiar, and comfortable with car. We saw the table of Lego Land, Günzburg was close to the route.

1280x960.jpg

We arriwed about 20:00. This was our Hotel room, we had to choose from 3 five stars hotels, Meridian became the winner with it's great parking house. The room was beside of a big route, but the sealing in the windows were so good that in closed state the room is perfectly quiet.

1280x960.jpg

db25d67b80a51d0e847fd2cf1f166ad9.png

The main day with all the attractions, including Porsche Drive, Museum tour, and exclusive dinner at evening (in the Museum, Christophorus Restaurant). At morning, there was a huge traffic jam, but we arrived in time, and everything happaned, as planned, we met our contacts.

1280x960.jpg

The garage was a Museum inside of the Museum, too, with most of the cars from "Porsche Drive":

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

This is the first you see when entering into the Museum:

1280x960.jpg

First program was the Porsche Drive, which was a surprise, in the contest description there was nothing about it. They give us a 2016 graphit grey Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, with about 420 HP, convertable top. Due to traffic situations, we couldn't reach it's top speed :laugh:, but you can feel it's power even at around 200 km/h. (that stage had no limits in the german motorway) There were routes to choose, we went through the one with a beautiful castle, this contained nearly all the types of tarmac, curves, hills, slopes, so it was a pleasure to drive on. We were courious about the engine (but as both of us are automotive engineers we were prepared to see nearly nothing), but because of the top mechanism, you can see practically only the fans.

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Interesting that you can see the rear wheels outer side from your seat:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

This is the maximum, you can see from the engine (from above, of course):

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Back to Museum, around 13:30. In Zuffenhausen (part of Stuttgart, where the company is located) every second car is a Porsche, you can see many of them (not a surprise):

1280x960.jpg

This was added with the car:

1280x960.jpg

Fees and terms, if somebody is interested:

1280x960.jpg

02fd0f530388521d7b3ed436a70c5c9a.png

I was very happy to take apart in a so exclusive tour, Mr. Dieter Landenberger, the director of the Museum and Porsche Historical Archives was our guide, he talked about many interesting facts about lot of extraordinary types, I have to mention the 909 Bergspyder, which was as light as possible (384 kg!!). The following ~ 20 photos were taken by the photographer, I'd like to say a big thank you for him (Pascal Malamas).

1280x854.jpg

1280x854.jpg

1280x854.jpg

1280x854.jpg

1280x854.jpg

The special exhibition was about the transaxle era, so we found a 944 Turbo Cup with the same color scheme, as my 962C model:

1280x854.jpg

And now, my favorite photo so far, in the Museum's workshop. From left to right: one of the original mechanics of Porsche 962C, Mr. Landenberger, my Father, me, our contact form TLC, and two colleagues from brand entertainment of Porsche. I really like this photos, as it contains every important people and things.

1280x854.jpg

Some more from Workshop:

1280x960.jpg

1280x854.jpg

1280x854.jpg

1280x854.jpg

1280x854.jpg

1280x854.jpg

Then we want on foot a bit further, in a centre, where the (nearly) 1:1 scale Porsche 911 GT3 RS is located. From now, I had in hand my model, so we could took photos with it everwhere:

1280x854.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Back to Museum again, they did an interview with me (even I waiting infos, news about it), and during that the rest of the team made some more photos together with the model and original cars:

1280x854.jpg

800x534.jpg

1280x854.jpg

Finally, the original and my version together:

1280x854.jpg

(ok, it's a 956, but that was the closest to 962C)   : )

1280x854.jpg

1280x854.jpg

Dinner at the evening, with some exclusive food. Since my model was with me, it landed on the table. Some interest appeared from other guests, they saw it couriously:

1280x960.jpg

Through the glass wand, you can see the Museum, some real cars:

1280x960.jpg

SIght from the top of the Museum was really nice, especially at evening:

1280x950.jpg

515e81c5f7a57694fa3b67a2c4f163ff.png

At the third day, we went back to the Museum, to see everthing in detail, and to take some good photos. I made more than 600 of them, to get material for my future Porsche plans, the Museum is very good for it. They even have blueprints for some types in tablets in front of them. Some of the more interesting photos:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

This Beetle looked fantastic, it was really in top condition, this photo was a must have:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Since my father's hobby is collecting automodels, we brought there a 1:43 model about Porsche 356 Nr.1 roadster:
(Nr1 typ is one of my favourites, that was my second plan for the Porsche competition, awesome car in every meaning)

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

I tried to take photos about the types, which were in the Lego contest, like 919, 714, 904, tractor, and 804:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Interesting: :classic:

1280x960.jpg

I found material about my model many times, first here:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

At the speed of 321,4 km/h the 956 shouldn't fall down from the roof:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

I like this exhaust pipe:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Long and racing version from the 928, both are very rare:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Some of the prizes, Porsche had won during the times, in the background the flag was in movie "Le Mans" (Steve McQueen)

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

GT1 street version:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

We saw large scale models, too:

1280x960.jpg

The magic wall, it hides everything, except there, where you are in front of it:

1280x960.jpg

918 Hybrid:

1280x960.jpg

718:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

It has a really nice shop, with lot of model cars, we bought some, too (see below):

1280x960.jpg

Finally a Lego thing: :laugh:

1280x960.jpg

Here was the red-yellow racer, too:

1280x960.jpg

1280x942.jpg

The GT3RS 42056 set wasn't available in the store, but we found the real in the garage, aming "driveable" cars:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

In day 3, we also visited the Factory, we saw the making of nearly all types of current Porsches, but I can't provide any photos, since - of course - there wasn't allowed to take them.

The Museum isn't the only option for car lovers, you can see nearly every type of Porsches in the streets around Stuttgart, too. if you are lucky enough:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

At day 4 we travelled back to Hungary, during we saw Legoland a bit (really just a bit, from the car :laugh:):

1280x960.jpg

1cb47dbdc51b97995ec9287b2aad101c.png

From the Museum's shop:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Small card collection of famous Porsches:

1280x960.jpg

At the middle of day 2, we received a kind gift from entertaining team, a nice book about 2015's motorsport happenings, with Le mans in focus. Big thanks to Porsche for it!

1280x960.jpg

Do you know, what it is?: :grin:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Back to Lego, there are some pages in this book:

1280x960.jpg

ba2344603321cf5097d9a6ab9d94e7a5.png

At 21.12.2016 we received a big misterious box, from Porsche. I couldn't even imagine, what's inside, since all of my prizes arrived, the certificate too, many months earlier. I thought, it's something about the Museum trip, because it arrived after that. But 2 months later. We opened the box couriously, and it's content revealed (everything were packed with lot of care):

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

It's a "simple" picture for hanging to wall, but made partly from metal sheets, really inetersting, and sturdy. Can you tell me, exactly which technique is this?:

800x600.jpg

It's something that fits for a car company.

I hope you enjoyed reading this report, I tried my best in text and photos, it's really hard to select only about 100 from all of those, I took, and got. Any questions, comments are appreciated, as always. The interview should be publicized soon, I'll link here, as it appears, or when I'm informed about it. It seems to be, I'll have more time for Lego, forums from now, this report is some kind of being back. :classic:

Thanks for sharing your experience and the extensive report. I guess you have a lot of footage for future PORSCHE Mocs now.

The gift from Porsche is great. Nice move from the company.

Have been waiting for this report for a long time. Worth the wait! 

That last gift from Porsche is very nice picture actually!

Was the grey cabrio 911 the only car you had a chance to drive or get a ride?

Edited by zux

Thanks for sharing this. I've been to the museum twice and it's a great place with interesting architecture, it's fantastically laid out and they change a couple of main areas in it. I've seen displays on concept cars and 959s.

the roads over by weissach (the village you took pictures in could be there?) are great.

oh I go there quite a bit for my work :)

Excellent report. So well illustrated I felt like I'm there too. Thanks for sharing. And  "gratula" one more time. :sweet:

What a great first prize, thanks for sharing it with us.

P.s. Your extra gift was printed ob dibond. Its a sandwich of aluminium plates with a plastic plate in between.

This is a very cool topic! Thanks for sharing indeed. 

I will frontpage this report tomorrow. Really cool that you had such a great experience :thumbup:

Thank You for the very detailed story, and sharing this exclusive experience with us! I feel now, like all of us were a winner. :classic: :thumbup:

Awesome report and pictures. The model well deserved to win, the I'm still amazed and excited seeing its chassis.

Thank you for detailed trip topic! :classic:

Thanks for the detailed and comprehensive report. It looks like the only way this visit could be improved is if you had the opportunity to meet Norbert Singer himself!

Thanks for sharing! Too bad they didn´t have the real racecar there for display. Did they want to keep your Lego version next to the other scaled down models or order a copy of it?

Brilliant report, thanks for it. So nice someone won who was able to share with us!

Great report of an awesome experience !

Thank you for sharing !

Wonderful! I'm a Porsche owner/racer and lover myself so really loved this post! Thanks for sharing with us! 

14 hours ago, TinkerBrick said:

Thanks for sharing your experience and the extensive report. I guess you have a lot of footage for future PORSCHE Mocs now.
The gift from Porsche is great. Nice move from the company.

Yes, I have tons of pics now. Some famous cars weren't there, like 911 RSR turbo '74, or Moby Dick, but they can't show every of their cars all the time, they told, the exhibition changes frequently, in october the transaxle models were in those places. Anyway, it was really interesting. I recommend to visit the museum for anyone, who has at least a little interest about Porsches.:wink:

14 hours ago, zux said:

Have been waiting for this report for a long time. Worth the wait!
That last gift from Porsche is very nice picture actually!
Was the grey cabrio 911 the only car you had a chance to drive or get a ride?

I'm glad you aren't disappointed because of the long waiting time, I was ready to post it a few days after when we arrived back, but I had to wait a lot of for the images from photographer, and the permissions, which of them are allowed tu publish. I got more than 100 photos, and only about 30 of them were allowed to upload --> and.. it's a great thing, because in most of the cases they send only a couple of photos for people, like me.

Yes, the 911 cabrio was the "only" Porsche, we could drive, but it was perfect, and a 911 type (911 is in the pike of driveable cars pyramid). When we saw online the Porsche drive offers, we hoped we got a 911, and it became true, so we were really glad to try out such a legendary car. Big thumbs up for the Drive team. Of course, we didn't have to pay for fuel.

The only more interesting car could be the purple 911 GT3 RS. :grin:

14 hours ago, Seasider said:

the roads over by weissach (the village you took pictures in could be there?) are great.

That was route 1. from the roadbook, in direction to Öhringen, Castle Waldenburg (that you can see in my photos).

14 hours ago, Attika said:

Excellent report. So well illustrated I felt like I'm there too. Thanks for sharing. And  "gratula" one more time. :sweet:

Thank you! My goal was the same, to give something to you, I think that wouldn't be fair if I keep all of these for myself only. It seems, I reached my goal with the report. Thank you all for the kind comments.

14 hours ago, efferman said:

P.s. Your extra gift was printed ob dibond. Its a sandwich of aluminium plates with a plastic plate in between.

Thanks! I've never seen this technique in pictures.

12 hours ago, Jim said:

This is a very cool topic! Thanks for sharing indeed.
I will frontpage this report tomorrow. Really cool that you had such a great experience :thumbup:

I didi with pleasure, thanks!

4 hours ago, Lipko said:

Awesome report and pictures. The model well deserved to win, the I'm still amazed and excited seeing its chassis.

Do you mean, only the chassis? I can make some renders about it, since I finished the LDD model, I'll put more infor to 962's topic soon. Well, I plan to make renders for all the main structural and technical systems.

4 hours ago, Jay Psi said:

It looks like the only way this visit could be improved is if you had the opportunity to meet Norbert Singer himself!

:laugh: For sure, yes. (*he was the main engineer of 962)

3 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Thanks for sharing! Too bad they didn´t have the real racecar there for display. Did they want to keep your Lego version next to the other scaled down models or order a copy of it?

It has a story, too. The exact same real car was in the US, so it wasn't possible to make photos together. For us, only october was appropriate, but I don't mind, it could be worse, too. :) I talked a bit about Lego models with Mr. Landenberger, he told me, when they require such a Lego model car, they will ask me, but nothing exact was planned. The exhibition is all about real cars. You can see there even the main components, systems:

800x600.jpg

.. or the shape changes in history of 911:

800x600.jpg

20 minutes ago, TheItalianBrick said:

Wonderful! I'm a Porsche owner/racer and lover myself so really loved this post! Thanks for sharing with us! 

Sounds great! What kind of Porsches do you drive/race?

Great report, thanks for sharing! The gift from Porsche was super nice :)

56 minutes ago, Tamas Juhasz said:

Do you mean, only the chassis? I can make some renders about it, since I finished the LDD model, I'll put more infor to 962's topic soon. Well, I plan to make renders for all the main structural and technical systems.

The whole model is impressive but the chassis is the real marvel for me. And not only the mechanical but, but the whole look, colors, etc.

Thank you, this is an amazing report, great photography!

Your model looks great! I love Porsche, my grandad had an Orange GT3 RS, I was extremely annoyed when he sold it! My fave is the 917 in the Gulf scheme.

Kind regards, Ellis.

Thank you very much for the report! One of the most interesting!!