Bob De Quatre

contest Braaiiinnss!!! Sci-Fi Contest

32628391620_830e864cec_o.png

Since the beginning of time, minifigs have suffered from illness. Throughout the world, all plastic populations had to face plagues, curses or infections, with massive casualties... But what would have been the world if at any time the dead had risen back?... The world was, is or will be a place where the Survivors have to fight the Undeads!

About the Braaaiiinnns contest

This contest is about zombies, all kind of zombies, but more importantly all time period of zombies! Medieval zombies, Pirates zombies, Space zombies, Friends zombies, City zombies... they are all welcome in this contest!

Categories

A: The Wastelands - Create a scene, no bigger than 48x48 studs, where the Undeads roam and the Survivors fight for their life. 

B: The Shelters - Create a scene, no bigger than 24x24 studs, where the Survivors feel safe enough to call it their home.

C: The Machines - Create a vehicle used by the Survivors or the Undeads (yes, some zombies still have enough brain to drive a vehicle)

D: The Survivors and Undeads - Design and assemble a group of five Survivors or five Undeads.

Rules

• First rule: have fun!
  • Second rule: no, Galidor doesn't count as a Lego plague.
  • Categories A and B have size limitations that have to be respected. Some overhang is allowed, but don't abuse it.
  • The contest will run from 27th February to 9th April 2017. As long as it's still April 9th somewhere in the world, you can still enter.
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified.
  • This contest is open to all EB members, even if they joined EB after the contest has begun, with the exception of the Sci-Fi staff, who is not eligible to win prizes.
  • One entry per member and per category. You can enter all categories with different entries, but you'll be eligible to receive only one prize.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the contest. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO. No clone brands, but third-party custom parts are allowed, no digital entries.
  • Custom sails and rigging are allowed.
  • Non-Lego light sources are allowed as long as you mention it in your entry description.
  • You can use official stickers or custom stickers.
  • All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Sci-Fi forum, the title prefixed by, "[Brains] Cat X - Xxxxx". (For example, "[Brains] Cat B - A place to rest".)
  • Post pictures no larger than 800x640, but you may link to bigger pictures.
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.
  • Winners will be decided by public vote from April 10th to April 18th.

Prizes

Prizes for this contest are provided and shipped by TLG.

Prizes for category A:
1st place:
32165327934_345bf1df51_m.jpg #70626 Dawn of Iron Doom
2nd place:
32194958283_e0109ece47_m.jpg #70350 The Three Brothers

Prizes for category B:
1st place:
32165327194_e3cbbfedf6_m.jpg #70625 Samurai VXL
2nd place:
32165327444_755d842265_m.jpg #70358 Aaron's Stone Destroyer

Prizes for category C:
1st place:
32165327604_72e020c01b_m.jpg #70351 Clay's Falcon Fighter
2nd place:
32194957953_e0236288e3_m.jpg #70624 Vermillion Invader

32892186422_97b2edffe1_m.jpg The guys at BrickWarriors are kindly providing prizes for Category D, and they'll also choose their two favorites entries in the categories A to C and offer them additional prizes!

Prizes for category D:
1st place:
33010317055_1549fc0224_m.jpgPrize offered by BrickWarriors
2nd place:
33010316395_e423b8e057_m.jpgPrize offered by BrickWarriors

Prizes for BrickWarriors favorites:
1st place:
33010317055_1549fc0224_m.jpgPrize offered by BrickWarriors

2nd place:
33010316395_e423b8e057_m.jpgPrize offered by BrickWarriors

27 minutes ago, Bob De Quatre said:

This contest is about zombies, all kind of zombies, but more importantly all time period of zombies! Medieval zombies, Pirates zombies, Space zombies, Friends zombies, City zombies... they are all welcome in this contest!

If I understand this correctly, there is no obligation to have sci-fi elements in the entry, the contest just happens to be in the Sci-fi forum, right? (How am I supposed to choose between castles and spaceships!? :cry_sad::tongue:)

Anyway, sounds like fun! 

Just now, Exetrius said:

If I understand this correctly, there is no obligation to have sci-fi elements in the entry, the contest just happens to be in the Sci-fi forum, right? (How am I supposed to choose between castles and spaceships!? :cry_sad::tongue:)

Anyway, sounds like fun! 

The only Sci-Fi element that is mandatory is zombies, undeads, or whatever you call them :wink:

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

How am I supposed to choose between castles and spaceships!? :cry_sad:

Someone at LEGO had the same dilemma and Nexo Knights was born. :-)

Aww man, no digital entries! This might've been the first EB contest I joined... and I have no zombie minifigures.

Any reason for the prohibition of digital entries?

@VaderFan2187 The reason is that you can use any color you wanted with any part, and could make things that couldn't really exist in real life. Just my reasoning here, Bob, feel free to clarify with your reasons, as you are the boss man in this contest.

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki
Left out a word.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Aww man, no digital entries! This might've been the first EB contest I joined... and I have no zombie minifigures.

Why not just buy a few? There are affordable options on BrickLink. 

9 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

Do we have to use a zombie figure/head?

You can use any heads that you see fit, it doesn't have to be grey. Current Nexo Knight sets have nice bluish heads that could be used. You could even go yellow vs fllesh :wink:

5 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Ok, @Bob De Quatre if you build figs, can you make a setting for them to be in? Like a base and background wall for the Survivors, or a field for the Undead?

I assume you're talking about Category D? No background is required, but you can add one. But note that only the figs will be considered for the voting.

5 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

That's a choice we have to do for every contest. I prefer to separate bricks and digital entries, but I couldn't have a 5th category for digital entries, so...

8 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

I assume you're talking about Category D? No background is required, but you can add one. But note that only the figs will be considered for the voting.

Yes, sorry, I should have specified. Thanks for the clarification.

Hey, @Bob De Quatre. Can I build some brick-built giant zombies because I don't have a lot of normal zombie minifigs (I have only one). And, If I enter the veichle category, can I build one main vehicles and one or two small support ones (e.g. motorbike or small buggy near a huge truck). Also what about time and space bending. Like guys from the future and steampunk people trying to save the world? 

Edited by Crabster

Awesome contest & perfect timing with the start of TWD! :laugh:

14 hours ago, Crabster said:

Can I build some brick-built giant zombies because I don't have a lot of normal zombie minifigs

Not for Category D. And I'm not sure a giant zombie fits the theme of minifigs raising from the deads.

And, If I enter the veichle category, can I build one main vehicles and one or two small support ones (e.g. motorbike or small buggy near a huge truck).

Only if the support vehicle can be part of a main vehicle. Like a motorbike that can be detached from a truck body.

Also what about time and space bending. Like guys from the future and steampunk people trying to save the world? 

There's no restriction regarding theme or era, so yes!

Oh wow Bob, I was thinking about creating a similar contest... ideas are like a fountain in my head. I'm in!

Excellent contest theme! I am sure we are bound for some good laughs looking at the different entries!!!

On 2/27/2017 at 4:24 AM, Bob De Quatre said:
All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Sci-Fi forum, the title prefixed by, "[Brains] Cat X - Xxxxx". (For example, "[Brains] Cat B - A place to rest".)

@matoli Here is your answer. Good luck, and have fun!