VaderFan2187

Rank The LEGO Batman Movie Sets

Rank the LEGO Batman Movie Sets!  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite LEGO Batman Movie set?

• The Joker's Balloon Escape
    • Scarecrow Fearful Face-off
    • Mr. Freeze Ice Attack
    • Scarecrow Special Delivery
    • Catwoman Catcycle Chase
    • The Penguin's Arctic Roller
    • The Riddler's Riddle Racer
    • Clayface Splat Attack
    • The Joker's Notorious Lowrider
    • Bane's Toxic Truck Attack
    • The Batmobile
    • Two-Face Double Demolition
    • Killer Croc Tail-Gator
    • The Scuttler
    • The Batwing
    • Batcave Break-In
    • Arkham Asylum
    • The Ultimate Batmobile
  2. 2. Least Favorite LEGO Batman Movie Set?

• Mr. Freeze Ice Attack
    • Catwoman Catcycle Chase
    • Clayface Splat Attack
    • The Batmobile
    • Killer Croc Tail-Gator
    • The Scuttler
    • The Batwing
    • Batcave Break-In
    • Arkham Asylum
    • The Ultimate Batmobile
  3. 3. Which do you own?

• Mr. Freeze Ice Attack
    • Catwoman's Catcycle Chase
    • Clayface Splat Attack
    • The Batmobile
    • Killer Croc Tail-Gator
    • The Scuttler
    • The Batwing
    • Batcave Break-In
    • Arkham Asylum
    • The Ultimate Batmobile
    • None :(

Ignoring the polybags and other stuff, here is a list of The LEGO Batman Movie's sets: http://brickset.com/sets/theme-The-LEGO-Batman-Movie/

Here is a topic where you can rank them from favorite to least favorite! I own none of them, so am going by looks of the sets and by reviews.

#18: Scarecrow Special Delivery

70910-1.jpg?201611300919

The minifigs in the set are subpar and playability is lacking. The builds aren't overly exciting either.

Minifigures: 3/5; Builds: 2.5/5; Playability: 2/5; Price: 4/5; Personal Rating: 1.5/5; TOTAL = 2.6/5

#17: Scarecrow Fearful Face-off

70913-1.jpg?201701300619

There's just something I don't like about these Scarecrow sets, I guess XD Batman is beltless in this set, which looks strange, Scarecrow looks great and his helicopter is good, but the Gotham Energy Facility build is pretty lousy in my opinion.

Minifigures: 3.5/5; Builds: 2/5; Playability: 2.5/5; Price: 3.5/5; Personal Rating: 1.5/5; TOTAL = 2.6/5

#16: Mr. Freeze Ice Attack

70901-1.jpg?201611261034

The minifigures are okay in the set (Batman, Mr. Freeze and a security guard), but the build looks too j-u-n-i-o-r-i-z-e-d (the spam filter changes it into "insert that tiresome argument", sorry :grin:) in my opinion, and the small Gotham Energy build eats up pieces and compromises the quality of the mech in my opinion.

Minifigures: 3.5/5, Builds: 3/5, Playability: 2.5/5, Price: 4/5, Personal Rating: 2/5, TOTAL = 3/5

#15: Killer Croc Tail Gator

70907-1.jpg?201611300919

Don't get me wrong, the figures are lovely and the truck is pretty awesome, but the really terrible price drags this set down low.

Minifigures: 4.5/5, Builds: 4.5/5, Playability: 3/5, Price: 1/5, Personal Rating: 2/5, TOTAL = 3/5

#14: The Scuttler

70908-1.jpg?201611300919

The figures included are fantastic, but I'm just not won over by how the Scuttler itself looks. Plus the play features aren't too good and so is the price.

Minifigures: 5/5, Builds: 2.5/5, Playability: 2/5, Price: 2.5/5, Personal Rating: 2.5/5, TOTAL: 3/5

#13: The Riddler's Riddle Racer

70903-1.jpg?201611300919

The figures are really great, but to me they're included just to mask the fact that the car which you get in the set is pretty poor. The spring-loaded shooter missiles, when shot into the air, fly way too far for play, and the car doesn't really relate to The Riddler. Also, the more I look at the car, the less I like it.

Minifigures: 4.5/5, Builds: 2.5/5, Playability: 2.5/5, Price: 2.5/5, Personal Rating: 3/5, TOTAL: 3/5

#12: Two Face's Double Demolition

70915-1.jpg?201701300620

Two-Face is a great minifigure and the GCPD officers are nice, but I don't really like the builds themselves.

Minifigures: 4/5, Builds: 3/5, Playability: 2.5/5, Price: 3/5, Personal Rating: 3/5, TOTAL: 3.1/5

Now we move into the "Great set, but other sets in the lineup are even better" territory…

#11: Clayface Splat Attack

70904-1.jpg?201611300919

Highly poseable (I like it) and the reversing of his eyes makes a comical expression, as can be seen in @makoy's review of the set. Still, I'm not a huge fan of the figures.

Minifigures: 2.5/5, Builds: 4/5, Playability: 4/5, Price: 4/5, Personal Rating: 3.5/5, TOTAL: 3.6/5

#10: Bane's Toxic Truck Attack

70914-1.jpg?201701310204

That marvellous Bane bigfig is the reason I love this set. It's amazing. And the Gatling gun is quite cool as well! However, aside from that, there isn't anything overly special, though I think there is suspension.

Minifigures: 4/5, Builds: 3/5, Playability: 3/5, Price: 3/5, Personal Rating: 3.5/5, TOTAL: 3.3/5

#9: Batcave Break-In

70909-1.jpg?201611261034

The alternate Bat-suits, Bruce Wayne, and Alfred are fabulous, and the Batcave itself is cool, but I feel too many parts were wasted on the vehicles and could've been put into making a better Batcave. And I also don't think it's worth it for the price.

Minifigures: 4.5/5, Builds: 4/5, Playability: 4/5, Price: 2.5/5, Personal Rating: 3.5/5, TOTAL: 3.7/5

#8: The Joker's Balloon Escape

70900-1.jpg?201611040433

Batman AND Joker in the cheapest set? And some cool balloons? If I got this, I would probably use it as a parts pack, but the value of this set definitely cannot be denied.

Minifigures: 4.5/5, Builds: 3/5, Playability: 3/5, Price: 4.5/5, Personal Rating: 4/5, TOTAL: 3.8/5

#7: Catwoman's Catcycle Chase

70902-1.jpg?201611300919

An exclusive Catwoman plus Batgirl and Robin is most welcome in a $19.99 set! The figures and value are awesome, plus Catwoman's motorcycle isn't a bad build either.

Minifigures: 4.5/5, Builds: 3.5/5, Playability: 2.5/5, Price: 4.5/5, Personal Rating: 4/5, TOTAL: 3.8/5

Now we enter the section where the sets beat each other by thin fractions…

#6: The Penguin's Arctic Roller

70911-1.jpg?201611300919

I love this set! The crazy styling of the car is lovely, plus the spring-loaded shooters are well integrated (and in dark blue, which I don't have yet). The minifigures are scarce but quite good.

Minifigures: 4/5, Builds: 4.5/5, Playability: 4/5, Price: 4/5, Personal Rating: 4.5/5, TOTAL: 4.2/5

#5: The Joker's Notorious Lowrider

70906-1.jpg?201611261034

The build is AMAZING, and the figures are extremely detailed! Absolutely a winning set… except for the fact that it is very poorly priced. Still, the sheer quality of the contents secure the set at a relatively high spot on my list.

Minifigures: 4.5/5, Builds: 4.5/5, Playability: 4.5/5, Price: 2/5, Personal Rating: 4.5/5, TOTAL: 4/5

#4: The Batmobile

70905-1.jpg?201611261034

Yep, I love it. It has better value than The Joker's Notorious Lowrider, but it has poorer figures. The wheel positioning is great as well! To me, this set wins over The Joker's Notorious Lowrider by a very thin margin.

Minifigures: 4/5, Builds: 4.5/5, Playability: 4.5/5, Price: 4/5, Personal Rating: 4.5/5, TOTAL: 4.3/5

Let me just say it was incredibly difficult to choose between the remaining three…

#3: Arkham Asylum

70912-1.jpg?201611300919

Great build and great minifigures, and a good price to boot! There are only some minor problems with the set, but overall it is an amazing set.

Minifigures: 4.5/5, Builds: 5/5, Playability: 5/5, Price: 4.5/5, Personal Rating: 4.9/5, TOTAL: 4.78/5

#2: The Batwing

70916-1.jpg?201701300620

Many people on the board disliked the set when it was first revealed due to the inclusion of only 3 minifigures. However, the detail on the figures is great, I think the Batwing itself is a solid build, and the VTOL action feature is definitely lovely.

Minifigures: 4/5, Builds: 5/5, Playability: 5/5, Price: 4.9/5, Personal Rating: 5/5, TOTAL: 4.78/5

And now for the No. 1 set on my list… (though you may have deduced it by noticing it missing from the aforementioned sets…)

#1: THE ULTIMATE BATMOBILE!!

70917-1.jpg?201702100925

Sorry for the caps, but I love the set! The playability is great and the separation feature works smoothly, and I love the minifigures (though another more major Batman Villain could've been included). Currently in my mind, this is the best The LEGO Batman Movie set.

Though I will probably change my mind in a couple of months. :)

Minifigures: 4.9/5, Builds: 5/5, Playability: 5/5, Price: 4.9/5, Personal Rating: 5/5, TOTAL: 4.96/5

Thanks for reading! And post your lists below too!

Edited by VaderFan2187
UPDATE 1: Fixed some errors. UPDATE 2: Added Images. UPDATE 3: Added Poll.

Based solely on the sets alone, not really price (as some such as the Tail Gator I have gotten in deals and sales etc.) here's my ranking of the ones released so far:

1.Killer Croc's Tail Gator: It maybe expensive but I just love the look of the thing with all it's tiny details, it matches the character much better than 2016's awful crocodile mouth thing. The minifigures are meh in my opinion but Killer Croc has grown on me since I've had him.

2. The Joker's Notorious Lowrider: A set I was very hesitant to buy as the minifigures mostly didn't interest me and it seemed expensive, however upon building it, it somehow seemed worth the money. The build is solid and comes together very well and it has some great features and detail. The Joker minifigure is great for fans of the movie design, and the Harley Quinn is fantastic.

3. Arkham Asylum: A set I have yet to get, but it looks fantastic with a brilliant selection of minifigures and accessories and can go great as a movie display or with the old 2013 Arkham as a second building, which is my plan!

4. The Penguin's Arctic Roller: I just love the look of this set, very League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, I just love it! Only thing that lets it down is the character selection.

5. The Riddler's Riddle Racer: great minifigures, decent build, a definitive version of the riddler with cane! All around a fun set

6. Clayface Splat Attack: despite a high rrp (although a lot cheaper in the U.K. Now, wish I had waited) this set is quite good. The clayface build is really nice and I'm so happy we got this rather than a little minifigure. Getting a second set to make the legs a bit better would be great but overall a lovely little set with a rare-great character build in clayface

7. Catwoman Cycle Chase: I surprisingly really like this set despite not being bothered much about it. The bike is very nice and well designed and minifigures are great.

8. I don't really intend to get this set but seeing it in real life in store displays it looks really nice and comes with a great selection of minifigures. I really want the poison Ivy!

9. The Joker's Ballon Escape: a nice little set with a great build that just fits well with the joker character. Also the joker minifigure himself is great.

10. Batcave Break-In: the Batcave itself is not too interesting and not a great build, but the penguin's duck is just ridiculous and brilliant in that sense and I kinda love it! The minifigures are all around amazing and the batboat isn't half-bad either.

11. Mr.Freeze Ice Attack: despite initially being really excited for this set, the much better version of Mr. Freeze in the juniors set and the small volume of stuff really puts this set down. I love the mech but I don't really have a place for it in my display. It is still a nice set for those who love the Movie design of Freeze however.

12. The Batmobile: interting design of it wasn't a batmobile but I just don't like it at all, and the minifigures aren't that interesting either.

13. Scarecrow Special Delivery:  not even sure if I've got the set name right, I never intend to get this set, it just looks boring and the scarecrow minifigure is terrible, a sad thing to have to say about a set revolving around my favourite DC villain.

Since a Top 18 is a bit much, I'll give you my top 5:

1. The Batwing
2. The Ultimate Batmobile
3. The Joker Notorious Lowrider
4. The Penguin Arctic Roller
5. The Joker Balloon Escape

From least favorite to favorite

18. Killer Croc Tail-Gator

17. Clayface Splat Attack

16. Two-Face Double Demolition

15. The Riddler Riddle Racer

14. The Batmobile

13. Scarecrow Special Delivery

12. Batcave Break-In

11. Arkham Asylum

10. Bane Toxic Truck Attack

9. Catwoman Catcycle Chase

8.. The Penguin Arctic Roller

7.. The Joker Notorious Lowrider

6.  Mr. Freeze Ice Attack

5. The Joker Balloon Escape

4. The Ultimate Batmobile

3. The Batwing

2. Scarecrow Fearful Face-off

1. The Scuttler

Edited by Robert8

Here's my listings:

#18: Scarecrow Special Delivery: This one's just kinda lackluster, and I really don't care for that Scarecrow.

#17: The Batmobile: It would be better if they just made some more unique figures for this one but Man-Bat is just so plain. Build's not exactly worth the price either.

#16: Killer Croc tail-gator: A 70$ price tag for a set that should be 55-60 at most. Pass.

#15: Two-Face Double Demolition: Two-Face is magnificent, but everything else...isn't. Except maybe the Batcycle.

#14: The Scuttler: Pros: Poison Ivy. Cons: She's the only thing in that set I actually want.

#13: The Batwing: Sensing a pattern here?

#12: The Ultimate Batmobile: This one's actually quite good, but it's just2expensive.

#11: Clayface Splat Attack: Now we're getting into the better sets. I still probably won't get this one, though.

#10: Arkham Asylum: It's a decent-looking build, and a very generous amount of figs.

#9: Catwoman Catcycle Chase: Catwoman is a nice fig to get, but I already have two Batgirls...

#8: The Batcave: Huge, cool Batsuits, but not exactly worth it.

#7: Scarecrow Fearful Face-Off: Now this is a Scarecrow figure I want.

#6: Bane Toxic Truck Attack: Bane, the Whirly-Bat, and an actually good big-fig vehicle. The only thing that's keeping it from being higher is the price.

#5: Joker Balloon Escape: This meets all my prerequisites for a must-get set: Good minifigs, good parts, incredibly cheap.

#4: The Penguin Arctic Roller: Horrible minifig selection aside, I've always been a sucker for 1930s-style cars.

#3: The Riddler Riddle Racer: 30$ for 5 minifigures. I'm not exactly experienced in these matters, but that sounds like a bargain to me.

#2: Mr. Freeze Ice Attack: See #5, with the added bonus of including one of my favorite Bat-Villains.

#1: The Joker's Notorious Lowrider: It's only one of the best cars LEGO has created, is all. Plus the villain minifigures are incredible.

vaderfan,,... youre reasoning is a bit strange;

Batcave break in price is 2,5  and you give arkam asylum a 4.5,.....        i am stunned,..  i do not get the difference in that?

50 minutes ago, allstyles said:

Batcave break in price is 2,5  and you give arkam asylum a 4.5,.....        i am stunned,..  i do not get the difference in that?

Pretty sure he's refuring to the price per peice rice ratio, batcave is 17c per peice, and arkham is roughly 16c per peice, which may not seem like that big a deal but if we were to use the batcaves price logic we'd end up with a $280 set insead of $260, plus alot of the the pieces in Arkham are quite, big so yeah I think thats what you mean. Also this is done in AUS dollars.

12 hours ago, allstyles said:

I am basing off New Zealand prices.

Batcave Break-in = $199.99; ≈1000 pieces

Arkham Asylum = $279.99; ≈1600 pieces

Here in New Zealand, average ppp is 20c per piece.

Batcave Break-in = average price. I guess I could've given it a 3/5 maybe.

Arkham Asylum = 1600 pieces would translate to $319.99; instead, it is $279.99, which is why I think it is a much better deal.

On 28-2-2017 at 10:38 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

I am basing off New Zealand prices.

Batcave Break-in = $199.99; ≈1000 pieces

Arkham Asylum = $279.99; ≈1600 pieces

Here in New Zealand, average ppp is 20c per piece.

Batcave Break-in = average price. I guess I could've given it a 3/5 maybe.

Arkham Asylum = 1600 pieces would translate to $319.99; instead, it is $279.99, which is why I think it is a much better deal.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor thanks meme \       for the explanation ;)

Literally other than the minifigures the only set that interest me is Arkham Asylum, I managed to pick this up and I can honestly say it's one of the best Batman sets to date. :wub:

This must be deserving of a poll? Would be interesting to see which sets fans loved most.

I'd say, with the exception of the pointless joker balloon set (just duplication), every set is excellent (although for different reasons). Lego have possibly delivered the most consistent theme ever.

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

11 hours ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

This must be deserving of a poll? Would be interesting to see which sets fans loved most.

Poll added. Please vote, everyone!

Ranking just the ones I own:

5. Killer Croc's Tail Gator- Nice looking truck, I like the minifigs, and the Bat jetski is cute, but the price kills this one. I originally wasn't thinking about getting it, only swaying when I found it at Walmart for $30. At that price I'm very happy with it.

4. Batcave Break-In- Mixed feelings about this one. I love the Batman Returns-inspired ducky boat car. Batboat is nicer than the 2016 version. Minifigs are great, especially Alfred. But the Batcave itself is just sort of lacking. I think the jail should have been cut and repurposed those parts to build up the other sections. Maybe move the Batboat to a different set and have those parts also build onto the Cave. I bought this to replace the 2012 Batcave, which I wasn't fond of and is sitting in pieces somewhere, but this one isn't perfect either.

3. Penguin Arctic Roller- Car looks amazing. Brings back memories of the Shanghai Chase set from Indiana Jones. Minifig selection isn't good, could've used another random villain or two thrown in.

2. The Batmobile- Love the design of this car. It just looks so intimidating while still being over-the-top and ridiculous, perfecting fitting this Batman's personality. Wish it was screen accurate, but I guess it's close enough. Good minifig selection, only stinker in the bunch in Man-Bat who didn't get a movie upgrade.

1. Arkham Asylum- My personal favorite set of 2017 so far. It's huge, it finally has all the included villains in jumpsuits, lots of interior details in the different rooms. and expands the GCPD with a nice squad car and officers.

Here's my top five:

5)  The Batwing
4)  The Penguin's Arctic Roller
3)  Killer Croc's Tail Gator
2)  Catwoman's Catcycle Chase
1)  The Scuttler

Boy, picking my least favors is difficult...I chose the Scarecrow Fearful Attack simply because we have two Scarecrow sets. But I really love all of them. 

My favorite I put The Scuttler. I'm both love the vehicle & the Ivy figure-she's my favorite of the theme. But, it may get dethroned when I get The Batwing in a few weeks. 

Riddler Riddle Chase, Batcave Break-In, and Joker Low Rider are the other top in the five that I own. 

Edited by Vindicare

18. Batwing - this may be shocking because of how low this set is, but whatever. There are no new minifigs even though its a $90 set, the build is also boring. 

17. Batmobile - Price is good but the build is trash. Minifigs could also be bettter. 

16. Joker Balloon Escape - You get Batman and the Joker for $12, you also get a nice little build. Not a bad deal.

15. Scarecrow Fearful Faceoff - Scarecrow is a great minifigure, this would be higher if we did not have so many Scarecrow sets in the past few years.

14. Scarecrow Special Delivery - Another Scarecrow set, I like this one more then the $12 set because the builds are better. 

13. Bane Toxic Truck Attack - Bane bigfig is great, has to be one of my favorite figures of the theme. Build is basic. 

12. The Ultimate Batmobile - Not much to say, its not bad but just not my kind of set.

11. Mr. Freeze Ice Attack - Nice little build, also incredible Mr. Freeze. 

10. Clayface Splat Attack - I have been waiting 9 years to get a clayface so we can have all the main villain characters from The Lego Batman Videogame. Too bad we are still waiting on Mad Hattern. 

9.  The Scuttler - Nice build a better minifigs.

8. Killer Croc Tail-Gator - Killer Croc is better then last years version. The build is also really cool.

7. The Riddler Riddle Racer - So many incredible minifigs for only $30. 

6. The Penguin Arctic Roller - The Arctic Roller is one of the best build from this theme. This would be higher if there were more minifigs, but the price is so good I already put it this high. 

5. Catwomen Catcycle Chase - 3 outstanding minifigures along with an awsome little street build for only $20 is perfect.

4. Batcave Break-In - Besides the 2006 version this is the best batcave, the build id fantastic and I dont understand the hate for it.

3. Joker Notorious Lowrider -  Best vehicle build of the theme, and 3 great minifigs. 

2. Two-Face Double Demolition - This being so high on the list is more for personal reasons. Two-Face has always been my favorite Batman villain, and I have always missed my chance to get him. In 2008 I just got into Lego and I wanted the 2006 set, but I could not find it at the local stores. (This was when online shopping was not the #1 source for lego.) In 2012 I was not as big into lego as I am now, and the sets I did get were the Lord Of The Rings. So now that I can finally get a TwoFace set is like a dream come true.

1. Arkham Asylum - Best Arkham yet, and maybe best prison yet. Right now this is my 6th favorite set of the year.