Sign in to follow this  
hellboy

Freebuild Avalonia Hunters'man Inn

Everywhere in the Avalonia there are small tavernas and inns for travelers, traveling merchants and pilgrims.

What is it, after a long day on the street better than a good meal, music and a bit of a hardliqur and then a soft bed? So some travelers remain then a few days longer than originally planned.

The "Hunters'man Inn" can be found on the map, a half day's march north of "Brachfurtheim" the Capital of "Fortes Isles" a small Island in the north of Avalonia under the rule of "Wilhelm Shelby" and lures with good dishes from the surrounding forests, music and the Hunters'mann whiskey known all over "Fortes Isles" and its borders.

32552442300_d277ed856f.jpgHunters'man Inn-03 by Robert Maier, auf Flickr

32892588896_2dfe2d354d.jpgHunters'man Inn02 by Robert Maier, auf Flickr

I hope you like my Moc and I'm look forward on praise, critic and improvement.

Very nice build! I like the small details you have put everywhere, like the book cover as a roof for a birdhouse. The thing I do not really like is the smoke coming out of the larger chimney, made with the small satellite dishes, as it does not seem "smoky" enough, being an odd shape and far too regular; the ice cream scoops look good from the small chimney, though. I like your broken-down stairs in the back, as it is appropriately aged and decrepit. Welcome (back?) to Avalonia!

Really cool build man! The overgrown look makes it very Avalonian, though it also contains an Asian feeling. Great job, nothing to remark (except that I really like the stairs on the backside)!

Fantastic!  I really like the color scheme and the inclusion of plants growing over the entire structure with the olive green leaves.  I like the whole base, too, as the dark bley works well.  I would agree with Henjin that the satellite dishes make an odd smoke, but then again, I have not seen any smoke on any build that has particularly jumped out at me as "perfect".  I think one of my favorite parts is the black roof made from slopes.  I think that the slopes work really well for roofing and it seems like a lot of folks shun them in favor of brick built roofs.  While each have their place, I think that your choice of slopes here is outstanding!

I like this a lot, the architecture is certainly on point and reflects well the Avalonian aesthetic.  I do think that a more purposeful application of the olive leaves would have made this MOC even better.  Perhaps more of a true ground-to-roof vine-covered corners of the building as the random leaves all over don't work so well to my eye.

I really like the building, the color and texture fit Avalonia perfectly. A bit more color on the ground would help but its not a big deal. I am not a fan of the smoke, but I love the windows and rock work.

Tremendous building! The layout is so attractive, with loads to look at on each side :wub:Superb windows, stairs, and doorways, in addition to excellent wall texture to start with :thumbup:

The irregular border is also quite pretty, both the SNOT rock sections and wedge plate designs fit well here. Great to have you back in the guilds!

Wonderful build! :wub: The composition is superb, with the all the various levels and roofs. Excellent color choices as well, the medium dark flesh and dark bley windows go nicely with the tan and dark tan walls.
Fabulous accompanying landscape too :thumbup:

Amazing build, you've nailed this atmosphere perfectly. Just a few things though. The 2x2 tiles don't look quite right on those angles and the smoke from the top chimny is a bit off, as it looks too staight. Other then that this is great, the vines and stairs are wonderful and the tudor work is awsome :wub: