Gozer

[MOC] Atlas sculpture- ideas project

Hello everyone,
This is my first moc and for me it's a real honor to be able to show this work to all of you. The idea came after seeing some moc in a showroo in Italy where he played a part of the Imperial Forums, and where there was a statue. Them the idea: to create a fairly large statue but not too much as to become a model to be exhibited in its collection. Then the love of Greek culture gave me the subject to achieve. Basically represents the Titan Atlas supporting the world on his shoulders inspired by the homonymous greek myth.

I hope you enjoy it and if you want to have it in your collezzione please please vote on ideas.
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/155686

Thank you so much attention to all of you.

P.s. @Slegengr this is my moc :thumbup:

33091924015_ed1c7e4b5d_c.jpg

33091923775_01e25fdd71_c.jpg

Edited by Gozer

Interesting sculpture, Gozer!

The columns look very Greek!  I like the appearance of Atlas, with a simple shaping achieved with some more complex connections.  Good work on the world, though I think the corners could be closed in a bit more to better achieve a spherical shape.  I have never built a LEGO sphere, though, so I do not know how easy this would be at this scale.  It might look better without the supports for the world or Atlas, but I imagine that it would be difficult to eliminate those.

@Slegengr Yes for the supports it's very difficult eliminate those because they are important for supporting the sphere. I'm happy that you like my project!!!

There are definitely better ways of doing spheres at that scale. Take a look at JKbrickwork's Sisyphus for example ... http://jkbrickworks.com/sisyphus-kinetic-sculpture/

If there is no motion in your model, I imagine you will need to get Atlas more human looking to get votes. The pins / joints are not necessary if there is no motion.

3 hours ago, BrickByBrick Official said:

Though it's very nice, Atlas looks kinda fat. I'll be sure to support this! 

@BrickByBrick Official thanks 

1 hour ago, MAB said:

There are definitely better ways of doing spheres at that scale. Take a look at JKbrickwork's Sisyphus for example ... http://jkbrickworks.com/sisyphus-kinetic-sculpture/

If there is no motion in your model, I imagine you will need to get Atlas more human looking to get votes. The pins / joints are not necessary if there is no motion.

@MAB thanks for your suggestion. I think that I will do it.