Oh it was you who built this. I did not realize it when I saw the MOC in flickr.

I particularly like the legs. In so many builds you can see open ball joints which does not look natural. With you technique, however, the legs look very realistic. Is it still poseable?

Edited by Wardancer

I love everything about this MOC!  The color works well, the joints are clever and subtle, the overall size and shaping is excellent, and the horns and bony plates all look fantastic.  Bravo!  :sweet:

That looks fantastic!:wub:

The shape of the Triceratops is really nice and I like the color of the dinosaur.

Are you planning to build an Adventurers Dino Island layout?

Thank you, everyone!
Glad y'all like it. There's more on the way. :wink:

On 2/27/2017 at 5:19 PM, sander1992 said:

Are you planning to build an Adventurers Dino Island layout?

I have no plans for that, I figured I wanted to use my Johnny Thunder figure somewhere and decided this would be a great opportunity to sneak him into one of my MOC pictures.
However, I don't plan on taking my dinosaur(s) apart anytime soon, either, so I can always include them in smaller Adventurers MOCs - that's something I might like to do sometime in the future.

On 2/25/2017 at 8:36 AM, Wardancer said:

I particularly like the legs. In so many builds you can see open ball joints which does not look natural. With you technique, however, the legs look very realistic. Is it still poseable?

Yes, it still is, but it's more difficult than with, say, ball joint connections. The legs don't move as easily and the hind legs may need to be taken off in order to pose them without breaking things off,
but I gladly made that sacrifice in order for the overall look to flourish in the way I wanted it to.

5 minutes ago, General Magma said:

Yes, it still is, but it's more difficult than with, say, ball joint connections. The legs don't move as easily and the hind legs may need to be taken off in order to pose them without breaking things off,
but I gladly made that sacrifice in order for the overall look to flourish in the way I wanted it to.

I really appreciate not using the ball joints in order to get a more accurate look. The triceratops turned out great. That tongue is a nice touch too, which reminded me of the slimy tongue that the sick Triceratops had in the first Jurassic Park movie. Perhaps a scene of Ellie and Alan along with a park ranger tending to this sick dino. Don't forget the dino dropping. :)

Miro

Olive green and dark tan! Great colour combo.

Without using Google, that's how I recall Triceratops too. Great job using the clip and t-piece for the joints. 

16 hours ago, General Magma said:

Thanks, I have been looking at leg techniques for making a treeman. Hopefully I can use your idea.

On 3/2/2017 at 4:36 PM, Miro78 said:

I really appreciate not using the ball joints in order to get a more accurate look. The triceratops turned out great. That tongue is a nice touch too, which reminded me of the slimy tongue that the sick Triceratops had in the first Jurassic Park movie. Perhaps a scene of Ellie and Alan along with a park ranger tending to this sick dino. Don't forget the dino dropping. :)

Miro

Thank you! I might just do that someday, but I'm currently working on concepts for the next ones...

On 3/2/2017 at 4:47 PM, makoy said:

Olive green and dark tan! Great colour combo.

Without using Google, that's how I recall Triceratops too. Great job using the clip and t-piece for the joints. 

Thank you - I'm glad!

On 3/3/2017 at 8:48 AM, Wardancer said:

Thanks, I have been looking at leg techniques for making a treeman. Hopefully I can use your idea.

Sure, if you can see how I did it, that is!

I love the stance and general build ,it`s far better than the official creator version, really nice ! 

On 3/5/2017 at 7:20 PM, r5-j2 said:

I love the stance and general build ,it`s far better than the official creator version, really nice ! 

Thank you! Much appreciated. :classic:

This one looks really cool, reminds me of the Triceratops scene from Jurassic Park (yes, the one with the pile of dung).