23 hours ago, Victor Imaginator said:

@I_Igor I tried tons of parts combinations for torque tube - to make it small and rigid enough. Dog bone just fits there as no other part) But i opened for suggestions. Width of the model is about 23 studs and with Tumbler tires it will be more. I choose 42000 tires because of smaller width - more life like.

Victor,

My idea how to make U4023/U5023 front axle can be seen here

http://bricksafe.com/pages/igor.ipsa/trucks/mercedes-benz/unimog-u5023

Perhaps I could help you with this...

@I_Igor Almost the same) My variant of torque tube is 3 studs longer, but it's the only difference.

Another update - reinforced many places, chassis is less flexible now. Both anti-roll bars is working. And documented all this in LDD, do not know why. It helps me develop, but i spend one hour to make shocks substitutes... and it was not neccesary)

32821858900_004ea9314f_c.jpg

32821858960_dcc695421a_c.jpg

On 3/2/2017 at 8:40 AM, Victor Imaginator said:

And another question.

32819595430_09ff028c92_z.jpg

Red clutch gear don't make 'click' with old differential in LDD. I just can rotate it as i wish. And gear have overlap with differential. I don't know what it means, maybe old differential isn't properly described inside LDD. Anybody can check - is this configuration working in real life?

Perhaps red differential in set 42070 is a bit different and fits better with red clutch gear :look:

On 3/2/2017 at 0:00 PM, Victor Imaginator said:

@I_Igor Almost the same) My variant of torque tube is 3 studs longer, but it's the only difference.

Another update - reinforced many places, chassis is less flexible now. Both anti-roll bars is working. And documented all this in LDD, do not know why. It helps me develop, but i spend one hour to make shocks substitutes... and it was not neccesary)

Front axle has some similarities, that is true, but I think I'll redesign mine to make 21 studs width (someday...)

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted image from previous post.

Guys, i need some help. I can't find any normal picture of rear bumper( If somebody have it and can share - it will be very helpful)

Edited by Victor Imaginator

Here You can find some technical pics - scroll through:

http://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/media_library/unitedkingdom/mpc_unitedkingdom/Unimog/pdfs/U4000_-_U5000/u_4023_euro_6_spec.object-Single-MEDIA.tmp/U4023-U5023TechnicalInformation.pdf

It looks super practical design - as it should be, so easy to reproduce. And if You don't find pictures, try with videos. :wink:

It drives us here, where excellent images can be seen:

https://www.highend3d.com/3d-model/mercedes-unimog-u4023-u5023-3d-model

Like the project very much, and the photos are really crispy! :thumbup::thumbup: I would give a second try for short shock absorbers on the rear axle, would make the whole chassis more uniform.

Extra video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9fPoK_HxSY

Edited by agrof

@agrof Thanks) I don't want to make chassis uniform, i want nice axles articulation. And front will weight much more than rear. But, i can fit same shocks configuration at rear axle... later... maybe) I seen all this pictures and this PDF is main source of sizes for me. But renders is not so nice as photo. Just strange - why nobody shoot U4023 from back?

Here is a pic of a U5023 rear part, at least this is for the cab-chassis version, and must be the same for the U4023:

855393d1395805073-unimog-u5023-d90_44361

I also found this interesting forum from Benzworld of the U5023 with some other helpful pictures: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/unimog/1955729-unimog-u5023.html

By the way, the front bumper looks very cool, pretty similar to the real one.

Next update.

Rear bumper. I don't sure it's final version. And don't sure how to improve it. And don't sure is it really necessary?

33198193036_3123565c38_c.jpg

And fuel tank. Was a real challenge to make that almost curved shape and close all holes, while hiding blue pins.

33240123735_6e49b77de2_c.jpg

The bumper and the fuel tank look great, everything is coming out nicely, i also saw these pictures of the sides (Of a U5023):

In this side we have the fuel tank (already built), and something that seems to be some kind of storage box or toolbox (What do you think it is?):

Mercedes-Benz-unimog-13C434_023.jpg

And in the other side we have the Euro VI exhaust system and some kind of... box, maybe:

New-Unimog-U5023-Review-CarRevsDaily.com

I must say that your model is looking very good and very accurate, i will see if i can find more detailed pictures.

Edited by Imanol BB

@Imanol BB Haha, i just using this 2 pictures as a reference) Yes, it's some kind of openable box near the fuel tank. For lunch maybe?)

By the way - round things above rear bumper, what is it?

Edited by Victor Imaginator

Just made an exhaust. Proper tubes placement is almost impossible task... Plastic isn't a metal) And this DBG chamfer on top of the box supposed to be some grille, but can't figure how to fit 1x2 grille plates there without building whole structure in bricks. Thin LBG liftarm on top of pipe - it's a placeholder. There will be some bracing to cabin later.

33116530591_70296ba7f4_c.jpg

12 hours ago, Victor Imaginator said:

@Imanol BB Haha, i just using this 2 pictures as a reference) Yes, it's some kind of openable box near the fuel tank. For lunch maybe?)

By the way - round things above rear bumper, what is it?

Good to see they are good reference, lunch box?, i think we could expect something like that in a Unimog :laugh: (After all, functions are the main feature of the Unimog brand).

The round things above the rear bumper, those could be air tanks for a braking system or other kind of function judging by this picture taken from the right rear part of the truck (the possible-air-tanks are in the lower left corner):

171-prueba-furgo-mercedes-unimog-12.jpg

I have received some fresh information from Benzworld, the round things above the rear bumper are indeed air tanks for the braking system, the box in front of the fuel tank is for the batteries, i think it was a good choice to make an account in Benzworld.

On 3/4/2017 at 11:44 AM, Victor Imaginator said:

Wow, great advice) Looks much better now. But i have only 3 black teeth, used one red instead.

Victor, this is nice solution, but could this part be helpful (at least outer side is very similar shape)?

1 hour ago, Victor Imaginator said:

Yes, maybe. But i don't have them(

Sorry :-(

Few years ago (before set 8110) I wanted to make U4000 but did not had parts for torque tube, despite having 8265 set with two mentioned parts for fuel tank... the rest is history...and Unimog implement carrier is on the way, but since you managed to dig some old memmories, probably next model will be Unimog U5023 or U4023 perhaps with crane...:thumbup:

1 hour ago, Kmuffin said:

What happened to the progress on this Victor?

He is probably on some evolutionary design breakthrough :grin:...

...so he needs time to "document" his progress with proper photography