knight_40k

[MOC] Bluecoat Ship

Hi everyone,

it is long overdue but I finally got around to constructing the Bluecoat ship we never got in the 2015 Pirates wave. I have been working on this on and off since The Brick Bounty was released but time/money restraints were holding me back for a while. This ship was created using a hybrid design of both The Brick Bounty and Brickbeards Bounty as I wanted it to look like an official Lego set. After many Bricks & Pieces orders and a few Bricklink orders, I present to you my Bluecoats new home.

3G1tz1I.jpg

GYpQIet.jpg

ApZIBVd.jpg

8qpDwjH.jpg

WwsT3OZ.jpg?1

5xUhGAn.jpg

ek6bJDl.jpg

HRT6dDN.jpg

FWurjVE.jpg

Cnk7gv7.jpg

bil65cc.jpg

cqqC1DI.jpg

BKHCQXU.jpg

Edited by knight_40k

This reminds me so much on the first wave (no pun intended!) of pirates back in 89/90. So good to see this! It is such a beautiful ship. The colour combination works very well on it. :classic: :thumbup:

Really nice job on this ship.  I would like to see it side by side some of the official LEGO pirate ships.

Very nice ship! It would be great if there was an official set like this. Having just got back into Lego a year and a half ago I missed all the old ships. I would love to have one with a full hull like this.

On 2/24/2017 at 4:26 AM, lomis said:

This looks terrific.

Great job!.

Thank you. Glad you like it.

On 2/24/2017 at 3:20 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Nice one! I was wondering how such a ship (bluecoat) would look like. 

Thank you. I wasn't sure how it would turn out when I first started but it far exceeded my expectations.

On 2/24/2017 at 5:00 PM, Littleworlds said:

This reminds me so much on the first wave (no pun intended!) of pirates back in 89/90. So good to see this! It is such a beautiful ship. The colour combination works very well on it. :classic: :thumbup:

Thank you. I got a lot of ideas for it from this forum. The only ship I have from the early days is my childhood 6271 Imperial Flagship.

On 2/25/2017 at 2:55 AM, j30spiff said:

Really nice job on this ship.  I would like to see it side by side some of the official LEGO pirate ships.

Thanks, I would like to be able to show a 3-way comparison between this, Brickbeards Bounty and The Brick Bounty, however I have modded all my ships so unfortunately nothing is in its original state.

On 2/25/2017 at 2:06 PM, kurigan said:

Nice build, but i gotta move it over to the MOC forum.

Thanks, and no worries

On 2/25/2017 at 2:35 PM, NewTown said:

Very nice ship! It would be great if there was an official set like this. Having just got back into Lego a year and a half ago I missed all the old ships. I would love to have one with a full hull like this.

Thanks, I also missed out on a lot of the older ships and wanted the Bluecoats to get sort of ship from the 2015 wave but TLG failed to deliver, so I was forced to make my own.

On 2/26/2017 at 2:29 PM, GeoBrick said:

It strikes me as an Imperial Flagship/Brick Bounty hybrid. Nevertheless, beautifully done! :pir-classic:

Thank you, I suppose it is partially a hybrid of all 3 ships.