Sign in to follow this  
Brandon Stark

[OL - Feb FB5] Fort Philip

33035820016_e31f0a1454.jpgFort Philip 1 by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

32950659541_e9812e682c.jpgFort Philip 2 by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

While Dragonstone continues to be built, Brandon ventured south with a small force of soldiers and some workers. He built Fort Philip, a fortified trading post named after the king at the edge of Oleander territory in Blueton. While the trading post's main goal is to open up trade with the natives and Corrington, it is also fortified, to act as a guard for the border, in case either the natives or Corrington turn hostile.

While Oleander soldiers initially had some trouble with the forest, they were able to clear the forest and get the fort finished. As for now, neither the natives nor Corringtonians have been seen, so the fort is still a fort and not a trading post. 

Edited by Brandon Stark

On 3/1/2017 at 2:50 PM, LegoEomer said:

Nice fort! I like the gate and wooden palisade.

Thanks!

This may be my favorite of your LDD works. The palisade in particular looks natural with those tan cones on top as sharpened ends. One one hand, I like the consistent height, and on the other hand I'd like to see a little variation, which could be easily accomplished by adding a 1x1 round plate underneath some of the cones. Overall it definitely gives the impression of a simple fortress befitting a young settlement. Good work.:thumbup: