Many people have complained about the Duel on Naboo set, as it looked unfinished and some parts didn't look good.

• The plasma purification chamber was way too tiny
  • The catapult was not attached to the main build
  • One wall looked kinda weird
  • The laser gate should be solid and not bars
  • Should be larger and at higher price point for more impressive model

So I created a 284-piece MOC that, if sold as a set, would probably be around $30. The reason I did not go to Final Duel-size was because there were only 3 characters in that scene, and large sets rarely have so few minifigures (aside from TLBM's Batwing…)

Here it is:

79114%20Duel%20of%20the%20Fates_zpscedjl

The plasma purification chamber is much bigger now, the laser gates are solid and swing open on hinges, and there is a catapult that is attached to the main build with Technic pins. The reactor shaft is also slightly larger (from 6x6 to 8x8).

Comments & Criticism & Questions all welcome! :sweet:

VaderFan2187

I like the fact you've designed it with the idea of it being sold as a set! With this in mind my only suggestion is the 2nd platform (where Qui-gon dies) should be a little larger to allow for dueling. Great MOC otherwise, definitely better than TLGs version! 

2 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Wow, much better than the original. Is there a switch to open and close the laser beams or is it just manual?

Thanks! The laser gates are just manual. I was too lazy to build a more advanced mechanism :grin:

The problem is the size of this MOC makes me not like 75169 anymore, but I do need to get that set for the figures… I guess I can only blame myself :snicker:

Hello, VaderFan!

This is much better, I love the plasma chamber!

However, I wonder if it would be better if the abyss that Darth Maul falls down would be better as a half for playability. Also maybe redesign it using hinge bricks, there is something that I despise about those curved bricks.

Kind regards, Ellis.

4 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Hello, VaderFan!

This is much better, I love the plasma chamber!

Thanks! :classic:

4 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

However, I wonder if it would be better if the abyss that Darth Maul falls down would be better as a half for playability.

When Carbon Freezing Chamber was only a half people complained! :laugh: But I see what you mean

5 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Also maybe redesign it using hinge bricks, there is something that I despise about those curved bricks.

You mean use hinges sideways to create a curved shape?

I don't really understand, sorry :blush:

9 hours ago, jamiejme said:

I like the fact you've designed it with the idea of it being sold as a set! With this in mind my only suggestion is the 2nd platform (where Qui-gon dies) should be a little larger to allow for dueling. Great MOC otherwise, definitely better than TLGs version! 

Sorry about the late reply, but thanks @jamiejme! :classic:

Dude, this is so much better than the official set. The only addition I could advise would be to maybe add another laser barrier (or whatever), it looks like it would fit.

Pretty nice! I like the solid barriers!! I feel like the only thing that could be added would be maybe a little bit more detail on the platform over the abyss it just looks a little to black. Other than that I like it! The real question is does it come with snarling Maul? :laugh: