SollX

New Caesar Cinema and sneakershop (+portal) modular.

Some time ago i posted a B-model of palace cinema which i called caesar cinema.
I wassn't totaly happy about it and i got some other ideas for modulars i wanted to build.

and so i created the new Caesar Cinema with next to it a sneaker store called "SNKR"

DSC_0769.jpg

DSC_0773.jpg

I am a huge sneaker fan. (i have 25 pair of nike's and Jordans) so i really wanted to make a sneakerstore modular. an this is what i came up with:

DSC_0780.jpg

DSC_0779.jpg

I figured that the best pieces to represent sneakers would be the up side down 1x1 plate and the 1x1 slope

DSC_0776.jpg

Some limited golden and bleu sneakers behind glass

DSC_0777.jpg

Upstairs there is storage for some shoeboxes and... a companion cube?? and a locked door...

DSC_0783.jpg

To open the door, some one already got to the 2nd floor where some test must be done.

DSC_0789.jpg

DSC_0788.jpg

but if you complete the test, the door will be opened and there wil be cake! CAKE!!  so yes i am also a portal fan! LEGO, PORTAL and Sneakers all in one modular!!
(have you figured out how to open the door yet?)

DSC_0785.jpg

The cinema is mostly build form the pieces from palace cinema, the City Pizza truck and some extra red parts for the theater room.

DSC_0770.jpg

in the entrance room there is a City Pizza where you can buy and eat pizza, but also drinks and popcorn for the movies, and a desk to buy your movie tickets. don't be afraid by the life size ET, Egyptian and BRICK SEPARATOR!

DSC_0790.jpg

DSC_0782.jpg

DSC_0781.jpg

and here it is in my city

DSC_0751.jpg

This is really a charming build. The cheese-wedges for sneakers work very well. About the upside-down tiles, I am not so sure. Maybe just 1x1 plates instead? Anyway, the store looks very proper. Just like what you find in every city :classic: I also like how you implemented the Pizza Van-set into the build. Made me smile! Also very nice interior of the cinema. Maybe a darker red for the floor though? Also the facade of the upper floor of the cinema looks quite dominating compared to the ground floor. I would consider make it look a bit lighter and less massive.

All in all though great work - and a cute portal robot! :thumbup: :wink:

This is great! The details in the sneaker shop are top notch. I especially like the narrower cinema. I felt the lobby was too big in the Palace Cinema set. I especially like how the second floor much feels more cozy and like a movie theatre. Great work! You've planted the idea of MODing my PC set, and you made me look up what Portal is! :) thanks! 

8 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

This must be the first Shoe shop made in Lego I ever seen! Good job!

haha i think so too. i did saw a other moc with sneakers, but it was more a walk in closet kind of idea, and not in minifig scale

22 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

This is really a charming build. The cheese-wedges for sneakers work very well. About the upside-down tiles, I am not so sure. Maybe just 1x1 plates instead? Anyway, the store looks very proper. Just like what you find in every city :classic: I also like how you implemented the Pizza Van-set into the build. Made me smile! Also very nice interior of the cinema. Maybe a darker red for the floor though? Also the facade of the upper floor of the cinema looks quite dominating compared to the ground floor. I would consider make it look a bit lighter and less massive.

All in all though great work - and a cute portal robot! :thumbup: :wink:

thanks, using the 1x1 tile as shoes didn't work for me. they where to plain.
I dind't have enough dark red for the floor. and i wanted to make a bricklink order as small as possible. for the trans clear pieces in the sneaker wall

19 hours ago, Pickbricker89 said:

This is great! The details in the sneaker shop are top notch. I especially like the narrower cinema. I felt the lobby was too big in the Palace Cinema set. I especially like how the second floor much feels more cozy and like a movie theatre. Great work! You've planted the idea of MODing my PC set, and you made me look up what Portal is! :) thanks! 

If you do, please show us your creation.

great to hear that i inspired people.

now don't just look up portal... play it! portal 2 is just the best! awesome game :P