Sign in to follow this  
Legoman

Help choose a Lego Star Wars 10th annaversiry set (2009)

Well, this is the 10th anniversary of Lego making Star Wars sets. So, I would think it should be something related to all 6 movies. The problems with that is the only thing I can think of that was in all 6 movies was R2 and 3PO.

UCS R2 and 3PO anyone?? They represent all 6 movies, well, but, may not be the best choice!

So coming in next on my list would be, in no order.

UCS Imperial Shuttle with minifigs

Ewok Village, like the old Kenner set

Jedi Council Chambers with all 12 Masters, not sure if it should be TPM, AOTC, or ROTS, but, still cool.

UCS Nebulon-B

UCS Venator

Jamie

I think I like the idea of the Lars' moisture farm, complete with the Tusken ambush and maybe Obi-Wan's house as well. Good opportunity for six or seven minifigs, cool buildings, a vehicle or two...plus, easily recognizable, and it appears in both trilogies. They could maybe even include minifigs of Cleeg Lars and YOUNG Owen and Beru...

IMO, the set should include minifigures and be from the OT. Although I'm probably being premature, a minifigures-included Tantive IV that's larger and more detailed than the 7665 Republic Cruiser would be nice. *wub*

A minifigure scale from the OT

I think the Mon Calamari Cruiser Home One will be fantastic with minifigures like Admiral Ackblar *wub* , Mon Mothma, and some new rebels. :-)

arc gunship with 10 arc troopers and 2 pilots :-$ maybe

or a huge battle pack with 30 clones/arcs 10 clones 10 arc 4 commanders and 6 normal clones

30 battle droids

15 normal 10 super 5 spec ops droids and 5 cmdrs

oor a kamonian cloning facility with 100 clones? or 30 with obi wan a kamonian delta squad X) jango and boba

or something a little less optimistic

like a minifig scale at-at oooorr..... a minifig scale ebon hawk?

ooor... from the ot

bigger sand crawler

a hanger from the death star with the tiderian 30 stormies 10 officers darth an the emperor

but the coolest ones would be the kamonian facility with delta squad and the gigantic bp

i just want loads of ep 2 clones and delta squad :-P

LEGO Star Wars Chess as mentioned before is a good idea. I agree with the Tantive IV stuff too; first ship we saw, more iconic etc.

However, while in the same style as the $100 SD, the extra $50 for this set means it can be a little bigger - hallways and rooms anyone (i.e. proper interior, not just a few randomly placed things like in the SD - meditation chamber, hologram and escape pod all in the same room? *wacko*) ?

Oh, and minifigs:

Princess Leia

Antilles

R2, 3PO (possibly different Astromech/Protocols)

2 Rebel Troopers

4 Stormtroopers

Lord Vader

[other - imperial officer?]

TK

Edited by The Kid

this with 100 ep 2 clones and arcs and commanders

Star20Wars20-20Transport20Ship.jpg

or a tank battle pack

the aat with 30 mixed battle droids super normal commanders

and the tx-130 with 20 different ep 2 clones commandos arcs commanders & normal clones

Edited by Looking for a display name

I'd like a better Hoth set... larger, complete with a few Wampas (from the unused scene during their escape), a few snowtroopers with those big battery guns during the invasion, one or two Hoth rebels, Luke, Leia, Han, and a ship or two. Of course specific areas would be the control room, a medical lab and the docking bay... bonus points if it were designed for easy expansion to harbor the Millenium falcon set(s) that came before.

It'd be more of a diorama, with PLENTY of trans-clear and trans-blue elements mixed over top the white bricks... to give it a "frozen" feel but not be completely white or completely trans.

OH YEAH... It NEEDS to have a COMPLETELY trans-light blue Obi Wan kenobi figure... and perhaps 2 Taun Tauns.

As a play feature, moving docking bay doors and or a breakaway "roof" that caves in on the control room.

Here's a good question... what kind of part counts to System sets retailing for $150 usually get?

I frankly would love to see any large scale battle playset :-$ For me, I'd love if it was a clone troopers battle, however, as it would come with a lovely set of clones. Some other ideas here seem great aswell, but don't get too carried away with minifigures or scale - keep in mind the 150 dollar price :-$

Style: Minifig

I would love to see the Jedi Temple during the 501st raid, with lots of cool looking jedi, 501st troopers and a great model that can open up into a playset

Some other ides would be the Invisible hand, the Genosis Arena, Mos Espa Podrace, Battle of Endor.......

As for like 20-30 figs, Yeah Right! Keep dreamin :-D This will be a large set, but not some insane MOC type set with hundreds of figs and vehicles!!

I don't think they will do Hoth again, something different would be better

Plus all we need is a Wampa Cave set

With a Wampa, 2 Taun Tauns, Luke and Han!

*wub*

P

Edited by Piranha

heres to a jedi council building, w/ lots of jedi and clonies! kamino cloning factory sounds good, maybe a geonosis arena. but most likely an OT set. full scale death star? LOLJK :-$ :-P X-D . how about... The Executor? or maybe Yvin 4. although i doubt it, a hoth control room. :-| X-O

I believe it needs to be something iconic; something both hardcore and casual fans can identify with.

For me, the ultimate set would be an Episode IV trench scene with both an extensively redesigned X Wing and an extensively redesigned TIE Advanced (without the blue). As much as I'd love to see a bigger Hoth set, or a Battle for Endor playset; I'm not sure that they represent the best of Star Wars. For me; it needs to be a set that epitimizes the struggle between dark and light sides of the force. The first Death Star Battle does that perfectly. Luke taking that final shot IS Star Wars (Include Leia and C3P0 watching from Yavin IV as a bonus). I feel that a 10th aniversery set should focus on what made Star Wars so popular with millions in the first place.

I believe it needs to be something iconic; something both hardcore and casual fans can identify with.

For me, the ultimate set would be an Episode IV trench scene with both an extensively redesigned X Wing and an extensively redesigned TIE Advanced (without the blue). As much as I'd love to see a bigger Hoth set, or a Battle for Endor playset; I'm not sure that they represent the best of Star Wars. For me; it needs to be a set that epitimizes the struggle between dark and light sides of the force. The first Death Star Battle does that perfectly. Luke taking that final shot IS Star Wars (Include Leia and C3P0 watching from Yavin IV as a bonus). I feel that a 10th aniversery set should focus on what made Star Wars so popular with millions in the first place.

I agree here...but it needs a trans-blue fig. It just needs one! We've wanted a force-ghost for a long time now, and this would be the perfect opportunity. And yes, Luke flying into the trench IS Star Wars, and it needs to be an OT set. Anything else wouldn't make sense.

I provided feedback regarding an Endor battle with an Ewok village, plus a Gold C-3PO to celebrate the anniversary (among other Endor things).

Original Trilogy:

I'm definitely seeing the Rebel Blockade Runner here. It's the first ship in the first movie of the series. It's easy. It's reusing minifigs already in production.

BUT!

Wow, that was a big but. :-$

I have one requirement. Captain Antilles. It's a simple torso colour change and a face, nothing more. Same helmet, standard parts. It's just that for $150, I want someone new.

Leia, C-3P0, R2-D2, Stormies, Rebels.

Prequels, if they insist:

Queen's Starship. A full bodied red r2 finally and at least one new Queen plus the usual suspects, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, maybe a Captain Typho. See how this works? Stick to the prequels and it'll be a cheaper process for LEGO, but with this route, we get more new figures. It's a tough call.

That's it for me, for now. I'll think more on this and come up with a refined proposal before it's all over.

I agree here...but it needs a trans-blue fig. It just needs one! We've wanted a force-ghost for a long time now, and this would be the perfect opportunity. And yes, Luke flying into the trench IS Star Wars, and it needs to be an OT set. Anything else wouldn't make sense.

For the force ghost idea they should just do a small set ala the battle packs with Luke on Endor looking at Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin (OLD ANAKIN of course ;-) ) and throw in a Hologram Emperor and Vader (*edit* and Leia) just for the fun of it *y* .

Edited by blueandwhite

a big UCS space ship is all i need. no figs are required ...

the "$150/150EUR" is strange though... a set valued at 150 EUR, should be at least $200... |-/

How about a set of UCS lightsabers hilts?

have darth mauls, vaders/lukes dookus, obi wans, yodas

includes a gold minifig saber hilt like the golden bricks the 50th anniversary sets get

Stick to a starship. A Geonosian Arena might sound nice on paper but would the ammount of money really be worth spending on a few baseplates with four pillars and a cheap wall? We could always get a more detailed Hoth Base, Mos Eisley Cantina or Jabba's Palace, but isn't part of the joy of Lego being able to MOC them into what we want? The best Star Wars sets Lego has ever produced has been ships and vehicles. Even the non-UCS ones have managed to be amazingly detailed for their size. They should maximize their potential and focus on them. My top preferences would be:

1. Rebel Blockade Runner
    With Princess Leia, Darth Vader, Captain Antilles, C-3PO, R2-D2, about three rebels and four stormtroopers.
  2. Queen Amidala's Royal Starship
    With Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Queen Amidala, Padme/Handmaiden (could always use a double sided head to play both roles) Captain Panaka, Jar-Jar Binks, Ric Olie/Generic Pilot, R2-D2, one or two more astromech droids and possibely a guard or Anakin on top.
  3. Rebel Medical Frigate
    With Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, 2-1B, Nien Numb, General Madine and either some rebel troops, the usual heroes (Luke, Leia, Han etc.) or a mix of both.

I don't see Lego giving us more than 12 minifigures, even if it is a special occassion set.

That is a really interesting thread for once !!

Since its a 10 bday it HAS to be OT and nothing else !!

Now what model ? I would agree on a Tantive/RBR MF ship since its the first ship that launched the SW hype !! That seems to do the trick BUT since its an important set, that RBR would be lame MF wise. Seriously there would be no new fig in there (apart that pearl silver grey R2 dome I really want !!)

So whet ship would be iconic enough and big enough that lets room for a new anticipated MF ?? That is the hardest question after all these years hehe

I know one fig I would love: its Ackbar but in what set ? A MF frigate ? I seriously doubt that !!

Meditate on this, I will !!

*yoda*

That is a really interesting thread for once !!

Since its a 10 bday it HAS to be OT and nothing else !!

Now what model ? I would agree on a Tantive/RBR MF ship since its the first ship that launched the SW hype !! That seems to do the trick BUT since its an important set, that RBR would be lame MF wise. Seriously there would be no new fig in there (apart that pearl silver grey R2 dome I really want !!)

So whet ship would be iconic enough and big enough that lets room for a new anticipated MF ?? That is the hardest question after all these years hehe

I know one fig I would love: its Ackbar but in what set ? A MF frigate ? I seriously doubt that !!

Meditate on this, I will !!

*yoda*

you saying that i think we can only do a rbr, lego has done every other ship to death :-/ i mean the ot has nearly dried out of ships tlg hasn't done but pt has loads of stuff to do,

but it it is ot then i think it should be a large rbr bigger than the sd and the republic cruser

but it would go over the $150 mark

RBR at the end of Ep.III, with Yoda, Obi, pregnant Padme, senator Bail Organa (new)... maybe?

It's PT, but still the same ship!

X-D