Sign in to follow this  
Legoman

Help choose a Lego Star Wars 10th annaversiry set (2009)

Well, in this topic, the ambassordors asked if we would help choose a 2009 special fan chosen model to mark 10 years of star wars lego

it must be around the $150 US/EUR mark

i was thinking, if we can aggree on a curtian thing, we will have a lot more chance of having it made.

that's why i made this topic, so we can discuss and aggree on curtian ships/places to put forward.Otherwise people will just through around random ideas and the set picked only a few people may have wanted.

also, try to thnk of things lego wouldn't useally make.EG it is almost curtian lego will realase UCS A-wing and B-wing so don't say them as we'll probably get them anyway ;-)

think, well, think abnormal, different to what lego would normally release...

so let us DISCUSS and AGGREE BEFORE we put ideas forward

okay, in about 3 days, can a mod please make a poll of the top 7-12 ideas mentioned and we will vote *y*

Edited by legoman

Well I gues we should lay out ideas for so;

for the PT:

-Venator Class Starship

-Arc Republic Gunship with Arc Troopers

-Jedi Temple (During the 501st Attack or before)

-Invisible Hand (Like the Imperial Star Destroyer)

-Kamino Clone Factory

etc

OT

-Death Star playset

-Battle of Endor Playset

-Rebel Blockade Runner

-Jabbas Palace Playset

-Cloud City Remake

etc

We can contiune added ideas and eventually make a poll and narrow it down to the top 5 or so.

Honestly from all my thinking, i would suggest a minifig Titainive IV would be a good way to go.people have been wanting that for a while.and i really feel they could do a great job on it *y*

UCS George Lucas bust

:P

because it'll be the 10th anniversary of TPM as well, how about the queens naboo royal starship with queen amidala, panaka, jar jar, obi wan, qui gon, R2, and a handmaiden or two

I would like to see the Arena Battle from Ep. II, complete with:

- Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, Mace Windu *wub* , another Jedi or two (or ten)

- Three big creatures

- Geonosians

- Jango Fett MF *wub*

- New Count Dooku

- lots of battle droids

Can you imagine how awesome that would be? *sweet*

U_T

I am all for an endor bunker, and I believe an item from the classic trilogy would be the best, rather then prequel nonsense [/s], i mean stuff! X-D

What if lego produced a collection with every star wars minifigure ever made together in a radical display case? that would be interesting! ;-)

Actually, reguarding prequel stuff, I have nothing against them, but the classic trilogy would be much more fitting for an anniversary. However, I like yoda's idea!

Edited by General Zen

I think Fordo's Jedi Temple idea's very good. We don't see enough starwars buildings. (Only ones I remember are Jabba's Palace (3 sets) and the Cantine. And thelast one was a bit to small.

Since it would be TPM's 10th birthday, like simonjedi said before, a TPM related set would be good as well. But we just had the royal starship. Maybe the queen's palace, based on what we see of it at the end of TPM. This would include:

The room in which Darth Maul died (Obi, Jinn and Maul included)

The throne room (Queen, Panaka, Naboo Soldier, Trade Federation guy)

Maybe even the hanger with a Naboo Fighter and kid Anakin

For 150 USD I would like a set with at least 10 minifigs, and something that is more then something to just look at.

He said discuss and agree before ideas!!!!

First off; should it be Prequel Trilogy or Original?

Second: Should it be minifigure scale or UCS?

PLEASE! Right now if you post, answer those two questions before putting ideas forward!

He said discuss and agree before ideas!!!!

First off; should it be Prequel Trilogy or Original?

Second: Should it be minifigure scale or UCS?

PLEASE! Right now if you post, answer those two questions before putting ideas forward!

Sorry about my previous post...

I think, that since it's TPM's birthday it should be a PT set.

And it should be minifig scale as well.

Minifig scale. OT. Tantive IV.

I agree with legoman. I would love to see a tantive IV with minfigs. Leia, vader, stormies, rebel troops, R2, 3P0... man that would be great. Make it about the same size as the $100 Star Destroyer and then add more figs. About 4 stormies and about 4 rebels. That would get my vote totally. There is no more Iconic of a scene from the saga as the first scene.

You know it's true.

Edited by meschepers

OT

-Death Star playset

-Battle of Endor Playset

-Rebel Blockade Runner

-Jabbas Palace Playset

-Cloud City Remake

etc

We can contiune added ideas and eventually make a poll and narrow it down to the top 5 or so.

I think that this year's DS already is a playset - so it makes no sense to discuss it as a 10th anniversary set.

A Battle Of Endor Playset would be a great idea - but I think TLG would prefer to release a big vehicle. I think Endor stuff could/should be released as "normal" sets - but of course it should be released! X-D

The Rebel Blockade Runner is an excellent idea - I already wrote it down http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...t=0#entry249698.

A Jabba's Palace Playset would be a great idea - with new and old minifigs, with a bigger door and generally better and more outfit.

A Cloud City remake would be a great idea, too - with a silvern C-3PO, these little creatures which run the carbonite machine and a wating room for Leia, Han and Chewy which includes a big round plexiglas window. (Then there could/should be a remake of the Twin Pod Cloud Car in 2009, too?!)

What do you think about a Home One Mon Calmari Cruiser (http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...t=0#entry249698)?

Or what about an Ewok Town or a Temple of Yavin playset with an X-Wing, the Rebel Commander (don't know his name - he is officially Leia's father) and new pilots?

The main thing is that it should be a set from the OT and be in minifig scale and include lots of minifigs - especially new minifigs! ;-)

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Great news!!!

I go for original triology 100 %. When it comes tu UCS or minifig i

It should be Tantive 4, it' was the first vehicle you saw 30 years ago.

It just makes sence, that vehicle doesn't exist on minifig scale and the price area seems alright.

Being Prequel biased, and not owning any UCS stuff :'-( I'd have to say PT and Minifig Scale X-D.

Suggestions: (Listed in no paticular order)

Jedi Temple on Couracsant

Geonosian Battle Playset

ARC Trooper LAAT

Kominoian Cloning Facility

Venator Class Star Destroyer

The Invisible Hand

Palace of Theed

Otoh Gunga..... haha, just kidding :-D Like anyone wants more Jar-Jars anyway X-D

As you can see I can't make up my mind!! Maybe later...

Oh, and if it had to be OT I would have to say Tantive 4, Yavin Rebel Base, or a huge Hoth playset with a NON-motorized AT-AT!

General Tarful

Lars Owens Moisture farm (where it all began)

That'll be a great idea to, if you combine it like follows:

-Uncle Owen Lars' Moisture farm with the farm house, Uncle Owen Lars, his wife, a jawa and a treadwell droid

-Tusken Raiders' Hold-up with some rock pieces, a bantha, the landspeeder, two Tusken Raiders, C-3PO and Luke Skywalker

-Uncle Ben's Home with the house, Uncle Ben Kenobi and R2-D2

And what about a big Mos Eisley Cantina remake with "real" Sandtroopers - meaning with rucksacks - with different shoulder patterns (orange, white and black), a dewback, the landspeeder, Luke, Obi-Wan, barkeeper, the dangerous criminal (don't know his name) and this little droid which flys with the Sandtroopers when they search the streets?

I would like to see the Arena Battle from Ep. II, complete with:

- Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, Mace Windu *wub* , another Jedi or two (or ten)

- Three big creatures

- Geonosians

- Jango Fett MF *wub*

- New Count Dooku

- lots of battle droids

Can you imagine how awesome that would be? *sweet*

U_T

yes, or perhaps a jedi temple *sweet* with every cw jedi, a full council, and a training room and a dozen 501st clones, plus a 501st clone bp!

or a display case with every fig ever made, but all in fleshie(id rather have regular, but lego wouldnt do that :'-( )

however, it shouldnt be ucs unless it comes with figs like the falcon did.

or, a huge kashyyyk playset with a meeting hall and "snail" tank plus lots of wookies, clones, and droids.

perhaps it should be ot, in which case a heavily expanded cantina/ spaceport would rock or a yavin 4 base, or a huge ewok village or cloud city would be cool

my two cents

jifel

I would say say the Emp's Throne Room. Although I don't think it could be a $150 set.

Minifig scale. Should come with Lego Emp (grey skinned), Vader, Fleshy Luke, 2 Royal Guards.

Risen platform with the Throne, big windows behind, below platform, shadowey area where Luke hid, small bridge to the elevator. Must have lots of greebles.

-or-

Mos Eisley Cantina with full band, bar and lots of patrons, not a big set just loaded with mini-figs

Edited by Shacala

UCS - Mon Calamari Cruiser (especially the Home One)

and I hope, that TLC's going to release UCS A-Wing, B-Wing (to complete my rebel fighter fleet) and maybe a Tie Fighter.

Hmm, think I'm too much in UCS... Expensive hobby X-D