Sign in to follow this  
Leonardo da Bricki

[Freebuild] Final Words

The Reneshkit Clan traveled annually to a small cove on the edge of the Great Southern Sea. For here, the water was shallow, and the fish were plentiful. But the journey was hard, crossing miles of barren rock and shifting dunes. Still 3 days travel from the sea, smoke was spotted by a scout. Angmeroth was sent ahead with the man, for he, aside from the elders, was most fluent in the trader's tongue. The source of the smoke was a small fire built in the hearth of an abandoned inn, the only remnant of this waypoint. Near the hearth lay a hooded man, tattooed and dressed in unfamiliar clothes. He was alive, but only just. Angmeroth offered him water, which he took, and in a croaking whisper, he told his tale...

"I have... c... come from... from beyond the south.... Two weeks by...by ship... Mar...marvelous land.... A storm ca...came and... the mast... mast was broke.... Swept away... and...and washed...ashore.... Traveled far....*cough*... So...thirsty...Here...you must...must see...know...know the...the truth."

He offered Angmeroth a strange piece of fabric. It glittered, as if it was woven from glowing metal.

32901205361_8a84a2019e_c.jpgFinal Words 2

"What is this?" asked Angmeroth, awed by the fabric in his hand.

"I...do not kn... know. *cough* It was...given to... to me.... Take my...journal.... It has the...*cough*...the answers...that you seek.... Follow...*cough*...the Trident... s...south." *cough*

He reached weakly for one of his many pouches,trying to grab the book.

"What is the Trident?" asked Angmeroth, "How do I find it?"

"Look...*cough* to the...sky.... At the...*cough*...hor...horiz...*cough*... the horizon...*cough*.... Search for...for the bri...the brightest...." *death gasp*

The tattooed stranger settled limply on the sand.

Angmeroth reached out and took the small,weathered journal. He turned to the scout, "I will take this fabric and journal to my father. Stay and guard him from the buzzards. He will be buried according to our customs."

32182422974_32f16b43c6_c.jpgFinal Words 1

Well, this is my first freebuild for GoH, so give C&C. I will be developing this storyline for the "A Safe Haven" Challenge, I will also be adding to my character's background. He was introduced here. Also, here are some bonus photos:

32645477600_0a37858ee1_c.jpgFinal Words 4

From the back.

32872049962_2e743810a1_c.jpgFinal Words 5

Without minifigs.

Excellent base and the way the landscape matches the shape is quite a nice touch. Excellent bit of ruined wall too :thumbup:

And quite a dramatic story to start off your builds!

Excellent vignette, the crumbling stonework looks great :thumbup: The mixing of tan and dark tan for the sand works well here, and I like the occasional olive green stem.
I'm not a big fan of the tilted tiles on the back of your wall, keeping at least the majority of them straight would have looked better I think. Great job with the base and fire as well :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

Good little build, and a good start to your story. I am curious to see where you take it. Nice job mixing the studs and smooths on the wall to create an interesting, run-down texture. The landscape is simple but effective. My only question is how a man so weak and close to death managed to build a big fire like that...

10 hours ago, TitusV said:

great build, i really love that base! The story is Nice as well

Thanks!

3 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Excellent base and the way the landscape matches the shape is quite a nice touch. Excellent bit of ruined wall too :thumbup:

And quite a dramatic story to start off your builds!

Thank you! The story was fun to write.

3 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Excellent vignette, the crumbling stonework looks great :thumbup: The mixing of tan and dark tan for the sand works well here, and I like the occasional olive green stem.
I'm not a big fan of the tilted tiles on the back of your wall, keeping at least the majority of them straight would have looked better I think. Great job with the base and fire as well :classic:

Thank you! On the back, since all the tiles are at different heights, it looked better if they were angled, otherwise they wouldn't all fit.

1 hour ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Good little build, and a good start to your story. I am curious to see where you take it. Nice job mixing the studs and smooths on the wall to create an interesting, run-down texture. The landscape is simple but effective. My only question is how a man so weak and close to death managed to build a big fire like that...

Thanks! I have some plans for this story... Concerning the fire, well, dehydration takes a while to set in. However, I guess it could have been smaller.