Jim

[TC11] Technic Contest Battle Bots - Discussion Topic

43 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

i mean son of aminnich, maximum impact, and regicide.

i mean this not to degrade either of your bots rennuh and pkw. both of your bots are awsome!!

Two of those have exposed batteryboxes and could be easily switched off by a hit meaning they would lose, so just being powerful is not everything. 

Also I didn't take your comment like that, no problem, there are definitely some votes for bots I wouldn't have even near my top 6 so there you go :laugh: Like I said everyone could have a different opinion on what is better, and even in the real battlebots/robot wars the most powerful bots often hurt themselves the most or lose to something small or unfortunate. 

My bot is now in pieces, but the battery box that were actually supplying power were exposed, but getting to them when the arms were spinning would have been difficult.  

Sure, I was hoping to get more votes, but hey, everyone did a great job. 

Voting is still open as well so who knows what the final score will be, and at least everyone had fun building their bot!

yeah, it is still open. your bot is good @aminnich but some people must not have liked it :hmpf_bad:

Edit, why me writing this?

Edited by Aventador2004

4 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

i mean son of aminnich, maximum impact, and regicide.

i mean this not to degrade either of your bots rennuh and pkw. both of your bots are awsome!!

Regicide is just not too powerful, I think SoA impact speed and look affect the "low vote" factor for maximum impact, go read the voting topic, you are wrong ;)

I am not mad that I am not getting as many votes as I thought I would get, ya I spent a lot of time working on it, but this contest is a lot different than others.  Voters are all not voting on the same thing. Some are voting for the not that looks the coolest, some on the durability 

im not trying to sound rude here, but some bots look like they were built in a day and they have more votes. 

No matter what, I am glad I participated. 

EDIT: 

@PKW  I only looked quickly but the voting topic does not tell how you should be picking who to vote for. 

Edited by aminnich

3 hours ago, aminnich said:

@PKW  I only looked quickly but the voting topic does not tell how you should be picking who to vote for. 

I' using a program to calculate votes...removed.

Is this is too much Jim? Should I remove this?

Edited by Milan
Removed info.

I don't know what you are doing pkw but that doesn't seem like it is needed to figure out voting. That may get you banned. Why not wait and figure out after?

1 hour ago, PKW said:

I' using a program to calculate votes.

Should I remove this?

No more posts about placed votes so far, and who is better scored etc..Let's not spoil the whole thing. You can count votes privately, but don't post them public.

I agree, I only just look once or twice. You don't need to reveal everything,That would spoil it all.

Edited by Aventador2004

So guys , I have done the counting and I got the preliminary results (overall score):

...removed info about the top three in categories...

Edited by Milan
Removed info.

14 hours ago, Milan said:

No more posts about placed votes so far, and who is better scored etc..Let's not spoil the whole thing. You can count votes privately, but don't post them public.

12 hours ago, IA creations said:

So guys , I have done the counting and I got the preliminary results (overall score):

I asked not to reveal any info about score, including which category is winning. Don't spoil the excitement for those who don't want to know the current score.

6 minutes ago, IA creations said:

Hint for the winner : SIZE DOES MATTER !

A little late for that, no? :wink:

IA creations why do that? You will spoil everything. Thankfully I was not on site when you posted that. It would have ruined the contest. 

All I know is the scoring is tight. Just vaguely know.

2 hours ago, Milan said:

OK tanks, I will stop writing even suggestions, I had no intention to post score I know that is not fair for who want to keep the suspance and maybe also influence voting

8 hours ago, PKW said:

OK tanks, I will stop writing even suggestions, I had no intention to post score I know that is not fair for who want to keep the suspance and maybe also influence voting

:thumbup:

Thanks for putting the contest on the front page @Milan, Hopefully more people will vote and make this a close battle.

Just to put my "two penneth" in I think the last few pages of this thread if anyone has read it isn't good news for this competition. We shouldn't be discussing the votes so far and I don't like the idea that someone has generated a score card, that people may use should they wish, which gives categories to rate against.

On top of that there have then been discussions over the "Power" of various robots ... What about if you don't have a buggy motor but still wanted a spinner ?

I won't go into details of how i voted so I don't influence people

Sorry I'll end my rant now

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

Just to put my "two penneth" in I think the last few pages of this thread if anyone has read it isn't good news for this competition. We shouldn't be discussing the votes so far and I don't like the idea that someone has generated a score card, that people may use should they wish, which gives categories to rate against.

On top of that there have then been discussions over the "Power" of various robots ... What about if you don't have a buggy motor but still wanted a spinner ?

I won't go into details of how i voted so I don't influence people

Sorry I'll end my rant now

that is why i made the "Do you have a buggy motor?" topic.